Measuring 4 weeks behind

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Lintu
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am due the end of January. I went to my appt on Wednesday. They took my fundal height and it was four weeks behind. Two weeks ago it was two weeks behind. He doesn't look like he has grown in a month, or maybe it is just me who hasn't grown. They are sending me back to MFM to have a growth scan Tuesday. I am a small person and only 5'1". I also have some medical conditions including pelvic floor dysfunction (muscles are overly tight). I don't really know what to think. I know fundal height isn't the most accurate.

Any thoughts?
November 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It could be that the baby was in a different position or they were just slightly off when they did the measurements this time. It's a good idea to go for a growth scan if you're outside of the 3cm window, though, just to see what's going on.

November 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in a similar situation right now, and I'm actually the same height as you at 5'1" and due on January 19th. Small fundal height led my doc to recommend a growth scan. I had my growth ultrasound and it looked like he wasn't getting enough nutrients through the cord and his growth was slowed so he was only in the 25th percentile overall and his stomach was in the 5th percentile, which showed the pretty likely possibility of the beginnings of asymmetrical intrauterine growth restriction. I was sent to a high risk OB who did another u/s and pretty much his measurements were a little better but still a small little boy in there, so we were to wait 2 weeks and get another ultrasound to see if he was growing. My next scan is on December 3rd. If he isn't showing good growth, it is likely we will deliver early so he can get his nutrients out here even if he's a preemie.

The doc said that since I am past 30 weeks (which I assume you are close to at this point?) then the survivability is good for our little ones, just a matter of getting lungs up to par if early delivery is necessary. It's scary, but something you can try in the meantime is eating a very high protein and healthy diet. My doc said it hasn't been proven to work, but it certainly couldn't hurt, so I am drinking a 25g protein shake everyday and making sure I'm eating good food (especially meat). Hope you get good news at your scan, keep us posted!
Lacey_619 likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

November 24th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. When did they find yours? I remember seeing a post and I tried to look for it but couldn't find it. I was at the 31 week appointment. And was measuring 27 weeks. I know their dates are off by 4 days. The early ultrasound said Jan 29 which was i calculated from dtd etc. He was ahead at the 20 week or 22week ultrasound with the perinatologist. We had to go there to check for a heart defect that he was at risk for. They did a fetal echo and a level 2 ultrasound and everything was normal and he measured at Jan 25th which corresponds to the due date from lmp. I will try to get some protein shakes. Maybe that will help. I had been eating a lot of protein and good food the past 2 weeks until thanksgiving. This scan is back at the perinatologist on Tuesday. They did a quick one in the office to check the fluid levels which were normal.

How is Parker kicking? My little man seems to kick pretty well. Some aren't kicks but pushes and rolls.
November 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't stress too much about it yet. Fundal height can be skewed really easily by the baby's position. At one point I measured 4 weeks ahead and was terrified that I would be having an elephant baby, but at my next appt, I was right on track and at the following appt I was ahead by two weeks again.

It's a good thing that they are going to do a scan to be safe, but until you get the results from that, try not to stress to much. There may be an issue, but it's entirely possible, even likely, that everything is just fine.

KUP on how things go and what you find out. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
November 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfess View Post
Thanks. When did they find yours? I remember seeing a post and I tried to look for it but couldn't find it. I was at the 31 week appointment. And was measuring 27 weeks. I know their dates are off by 4 days. The early ultrasound said Jan 29 which was i calculated from dtd etc. He was ahead at the 20 week or 22week ultrasound with the perinatologist. We had to go there to check for a heart defect that he was at risk for. They did a fetal echo and a level 2 ultrasound and everything was normal and he measured at Jan 25th which corresponds to the due date from lmp. I will try to get some protein shakes. Maybe that will help. I had been eating a lot of protein and good food the past 2 weeks until thanksgiving. This scan is back at the perinatologist on Tuesday. They did a quick one in the office to check the fluid levels which were normal.

How is Parker kicking? My little man seems to kick pretty well. Some aren't kicks but pushes and rolls.
Mine was right around my 30 week appt, then got the level 2 with the perinatologist at 31 weeks. It's good they are keeping an eye on your little one just in case, but it definitely could just be the typical ups and downs of growth. He seems to be kicking well, nothing so far out of the norm, he has his lazy moments and days, but I check on him with my doppler if I get too worried. Definitely has pushes and rolls a lot too. Hoping you get good results on Tuesday! I'll update when I get any news as well.

November 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The baby is normal. They estimated him at 4 lbs. I just measure small I guess. We will see at the next appointment. I hope everything goes good with you on your next appointment.
November 27th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad to hear baby looks good. I think sometimes it takes awhile for some women just to get bigger. My sister was the same way. It is a good thing you got it checked out though because it could indicate something else is going on in there.

November 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear your little one is all good! I have another appointment this Thursday with the high risk OB, so hopefully I'll know more then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search