Anyone else still not ready?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had the boobs all along, and my sweet mil was up yesterday to help me unearth the newborn diapers, so I'm getting there. They need washed, still, but I have them!
Unfortunately, I've discovered that if this baby is a boy, he'll be awfully short on clothing...and I don't have anywhere to store all that girly clothing, OR the diapers once they're washed. Ah, crap.
Oh yeah, and I have a carseat en route via UPS. That's a pretty big one, too...one I almost forgot!! o_O And that, ladies, is one of the pitfalls of foregoing the infant bucket. I kept thinking, "I have a lot of kids, I already have pretty much everything". I forgot that we didn't buy a baby bucket, and my littles are both still in their convertibles. The ones my big girls had are expired and gone.

I've had the boobs all along, and my sweet mil was up yesterday to help me unearth the newborn diapers, so I'm getting there. They need washed, still, but I have them!
Unfortunately, I've discovered that if this baby is a boy, he'll be awfully short on clothing...and I don't have anywhere to store all that girly clothing, OR the diapers once they're washed. Ah, crap.
Oh yeah, and I have a carseat en route via UPS. That's a pretty big one, too...one I almost forgot!! o_O And that, ladies, is one of the pitfalls of foregoing the infant bucket. I kept thinking, "I have a lot of kids, I already have pretty much everything". I forgot that we didn't buy a baby bucket, and my littles are both still in their convertibles. The ones my big girls had are expired and gone.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
December 1st, 2012, 01:22 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ready physically and we have everything we need for the first few weeks. I am not sure I am ready mentally though. I keep telling myself I can handle two children and I am sure once he is here things will be fine, it's just the anxiety of the unknown.

December 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyschultz View Post
I got diapers and I got boobs , I'm ready!
He he he.
Well check the boobs, albeit tiny ones. Otherwise, hmmm...

But I'm waaaay at the end of the month, so I have more time than most of you ladies. Or so I keep telling myself. On the other hand, I've been treating her due date like its a assignment deadline, perhaps even one with a possible extension. This *might* not be the best plan.

I have a shower next week, but I'm guessing that I'll end up with 30 onesies and less along the practical lines. (Not that I'm not grateful for the 30 onesies.)

As far as getting the house ready, Christmas helps. I need to have it cleaned in order to decorate, and decorating for Christmas is one of the great joys of my year. So I won't be giving that up, even if it's all a lot less involved than usual. And part of that is creating a weekly cleaning organizing system that DH can follow for doing a part of the house each day (with specific instructions) in case I get overwhelmed after her arrival.
December 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah we are not ready AT ALL, and Parker is likely to come in the next 2-3 weeks! Nursery is only half painted (seems DH is really putting that off a bit too long now), gifts are still in bags, and the house is only in the middle of a big deep cleaning. Hoping by next weekend we'll be able to mark more things off as done, but really depends on time and how Parker is doing. Eek coming down to the wire!

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
December 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have ANYTHING ready! I am starting to panic a little, actually. I need DH to help me get stuff done (I am soooo tired), but he is always busy playing his MMO. Bleck.
missadie222 likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
I'm not ready! And this is my first. I can thank a full-time semester for that.

December 18th, December 18th. That is the day my school is over, my little job is over, and I can sit back and sew a diaper bag and get those decorations up!

Shoot... how soon are you supposed to pack a hospital bag?

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

December 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Mama View Post
I don't have ANYTHING ready! I am starting to panic a little, actually. I need DH to help me get stuff done (I am soooo tired), but he is always busy playing his MMO. Bleck.
Same here. We have to get DD moved out and into her new room first and DH isnt exactly in a helpful mood lately. Yes, I stay at home, so I have more time to get things done.. but I cant lift and carry heavy things and move furniture. Plus, I have no idea how to put our crib back together. I still have time but I really dont want to wait til last minute..

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

December 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Not ready! ARGH! Baby Girl's room is a storage room still. The crib is in it...in pieces. I don't even know where the hardware is! I need to get soooooo many things, too. It's shameful how little we have for her, including the absolutely 100% necessary things. BUT I GOT A CAR SEAT LAST NIGHT!!! Wooooo! That and my boobs are really the only things that we need absolutely, I suppose, so HOORAY! But she has one outfit. Hehehehee I don't have blankets, either. Or diapers. Yikes!

Yet, strangely, aside from her not being full-term yet, I'm mentally ready.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of these holidays are messing up my nesting. I am about on the same level as you. I've got to get all of Callens stuff out of nursery, into Aidan's room. All toys from Aidan's room into the play room/guest room. Then Julia's stuff into nursery.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im done. I could use a couple more towels and bottles. But I have a 3 months supply of formula (I plan on duel feeding but with my underlying condition I wont be able to BF solely). I have all clothes put away into his dresser, the pack and play is up in his room, the mini one is in the livingroom, carseat is ready to go and bags are packed.

And I have ZERO Christmas shopping to do and 7 people to do it for...sigh.

Mykelti James 01.21.13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search