Anyone else still not ready?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've yet to wash any clothing, gifts are still in their bags from the baby shower a few weeks ago, I have nothing to store her stuff/clothes in...oh my!!

December 1st, 2012, 08:31 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
well im a tad more ready than that. lol. i dont have any bath supplies. also im just not sure if he has enough clothes. i didnt want to have an untouched, still tagged surplus. he has maybe 10 nb and 10 0-3. i just figure its January and we wont be leaving the house much. and no hospital bag yet.. even DH was like yeah im surprised you havent done that. thanks

December 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got diapers and I got boobs , I'm ready!

December 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
yup havent even bought diapers yet... i had sensitive skin as a child and DH couldnt wear Huggies so i havent made a stash yet. im thinking pampers swaddlers but dont want to stock up yet.

December 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyschultz View Post
LOL that's what I keep telling dh!

December 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am prepared with the "stuff" but not mentally prepared for how my life is about to change! It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time!
Mamayo likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
*1st time preggars*
I'm scared and not ready at all. I have the crib set up, I probably need more outfits. I don't have a hospital bag or plan. And my boobs habent gotten bigger and I want to breastfeed shrugs

December 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Chrysalis View Post
I'm scared and not ready at all. I have the crib set up, I probably need more outfits. I don't have a hospital bag or plan. And my boobs habent gotten bigger and I want to breastfeed shrugs
Don't worry about the size of your boobies!! I'm a tiny chested thing and have never had a problem producing more than enough milk! Your milk isn't even in yet, just the colostrum. A couple/few days after birth you should notice your milk coming in.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

December 1st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I would get nesting fever. I would like my house deep cleaned before she arrives but it's not gonna happen. I'm too tired from still working 45 hrs a week and taking care of my 2 and 4 yr olds. I do have all the baby stuff pretty much purchased or out of storage and ready.

December 1st, 2012, 09:30 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Not really ready at all... Being on bed rest has really put a damper on what I've been able to get done.

I have size 1 diapers, need to pick up a pack of newborn, have wipes and formula and my boobages. We have plenty of baby blankets around here, and I could easily pick up a few newborn gowns if worse came to worst.

Her room isn't anywhere near being set up. We're still working on finishing the basement. But I'm sure everything will be ready before she gets here.

December 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM
Mommy
I would say I'm 30% ready with stuff and 70% mentally ready.
December 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM
*1st time preggars*
Oh ok well boobies,diapers,crib guess I'm kinda ready lol

December 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Ugh so glad Im not alone! her room isnt finished yet, no clothes are washed, I dont have any sheets or blankets for her, no matress for the crib, no monitor, no breastpump no hospital bag.. oh my the list keeps going...

Found out my cat has worms! so the past two weeks have been dedicated to vet trips and disenfecting the entire house since he had hookworms which can transfer to humans, so now I'm worried I got worms!

I do have boobs and two packs of diapers so I guess I'm doing ok! lol

December 1st, 2012, 10:43 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
The nursery is pretty much set up...just need to put the crib bedding on and the changing table pad with cover on. Need to put her blankets, bibs, washcloths, burp cloth and such in her drawers. Haven't packed the hospital bag yet, will do that this week. The car seat base we will install prob the week of December 17th (I will be 37 weeks at that point)......the only thing I need to buy for now is a baby nail file....lol!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I'm ready! Only thing I need is to get his baby book and pack our hospital bags!
December 1st, 2012, 11:57 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say I'm ready with baby stuff but not so ready with the rest of my life. I've really been procrastinating with work projects and making sure my maternity leave is set up properly. Sort of a big deal.

And presents. I decided to cross stitch something for my mom for the first time ever. I'm only 1/2 way through and that took hours. What in the world was I thinking?!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no diapers yet...and im not pre-washing clothes because we are still not 100% sure HE is a HE...and not a SHE...so I do not want to wash things and then not be able to take them back in that small case he is a she. lol.......

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ready? All I've done so far is get the NB-3 months and 3 months-6 months boxes of DS 1 clothes out the closet and in laundry room. Now if they can magically wash themselves. Crib is still set up from DS1 but we are moving in 14 days so prayerfully he won't come b4 than and the 1st room to be unpacked is boys room. I have boobs and a pack of NB diapers and I'm stacking up when I leave hospital I urge u all to do the same. Thanks to Kelsey he has a pack of bottles I plan on getting 1 more and see how they work b4 I get more. I'm going to make a detailed list right now bc there is so much that I need!!

December 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not ready at all. I have enough baby clothes to clothe a small posse of newborns, but other than that I haven't done much. I need to wash all his stuff, get some diapers and baby shampoo and all that stuff. Right now I am too busy with work to do anything but work. Ugh. I should be done with work soon though and I'm not planning to work again until Feb and I am SOOOOO excited at the prospect.

I hope this baby holds out long enough to let me get ready for him! If not we will be doing lots of scrambling, lol.

December 1st, 2012, 12:58 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyschultz View Post

Haha, apparently thats all DH thinks I need to have a baby
Mamayo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search