So Much for Keeping Weight Gain to a Minimum...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By mojomama
  • 1 Post By missadie222
  • 2 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By Hoping4bby
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz
  • 1 Post By alicia1984
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 2 Post By Louise85
  • 1 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By d_tops

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Had an appt today and everything went swimmingly: baby is head down, good strong heartbeat, low BP, negative urine tests... Then came the scale. Oh, no. Not the scale.

So I've gained... *gulp*... 7 pounds in two weeks!

Wha...? My midwife asked to see my ankles so she could check for swelling, but no swelling at all. I am at a loss. How did that happen?! I don't even feel like I'm eating enough most of the time. I might have that 11 pounder after all. Oi vey!

Oh, and it was super fun pulling up my pant leg to reveal my unshaven legs. Embarrassing!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
52 pounds and counting over here. I wish I hadnt felt a need to keep track this time. Not knowing in my last three pregnancies was so nice...
Lucky Mama likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
December 1st, 2012, 08:37 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
oh gawl. I know! My weight has been ALL OVER THE PLACE LATELY. It seriously could look like a 7 pound weight gain or no gain at all for my appointment Tuesday. I weighed 5 pounds LESS today than I did yesterday. WHAT THE HECK??? But I guarantee by tomorrow I'll probably be up 6 pounds. I guess at this close to the end, you just go with it and do your best?
Lucky Mama likes this.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

December 1st, 2012, 09:06 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've sort of given up at this point. I wanted to just gain 25 but seeing as I reached that at 32 weeks I know I need to just accept that I am flying past that goal! I agree though I feel like I'm actually eating less and eating healthier because of my acid reflux issues. I seriously dread the scale.

But hey, as long as everything else is good and baby is healthy than that is what matters! Do you have a lot of amnio fluid? My tech thought I was higher than usual and that my weight gain might be in part wAter retention. Here's to hoping!

Oh and thanks for reminding me to shave my legs at some point this year
Lucky Mama and Mamayo like this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 2nd, 2012, 01:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I haven't looked at a scale in a few weeks now. I was looking nearly everyday but now I just don't want to bother looking haha. I guess I am carrying most of the weight in my stomach and I feel that makes it ok haha I have gone over my wish weight too but if it means the baby is healthy then so be it!!
Lucky Mama likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've reached 40, thank goodness I have only 2 weeks left.
Lucky Mama likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't look at the scale. I get too worked up over my weight and I'm not dealing with that this pregnancy. So each time I go to dr office I just turn my head when I hop on the scale and the OB dr doesn't scold me about my weight like my previous dr used to. I give up caring at this point. All I want is a healthy baby and I'll work hard to get my body back in shape after this one's born. I have weight to lose from my last pregnancy!
Lucky Mama likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I had gained only 16 pounds as of my last appointment, but since then Spikes been getting lower which means I actually have an appetite!! I'm a little scared to see what my weight is tomorrow!
Lucky Mama likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Veteran
I'm a first time mom and I thought I could EASILY stay within the recommended 25-35 pound weight gain. As of my 32 week appt I had already gained 32 pounds! of those 32 pounds I gained 8 in the last 3 weeks!! I have not been over indulging, and if anything trying to eat healthier since I found out i'm pregnant...oh well , I guess our bodies are doing whatever they need to do!
Lucky Mama and MammaWannaBe like this.
December 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I was hoping to stay around 25 lbs total, since I was able to do that easily with my last pregnancy. Oh, well. I just really hope this trend of 3.5 pounds a week doesn't continue. Yikes!

My midwife's assistant did say I seem to have a ton of amniotic fluid, so I'm hoping that accounts for some of the weight gain...
MammaWannaBe likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weight gain in pregnancy is one of those things though, if you gain "too much"(whats that?) you are taking advantage of the eating..then if you don't gain enough you are hurting the baby. I don't weigh myself, just at appointments and I think for my size and all 30 or so lbs so far is good. It's not really something I can control. I think it does fluctuate with water weight though..
MammaWannaBe likes this.

December 2nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up way more than I anticipated too. I wanted to gain 20-30 total but I'm up 55 w/6 weeks left to go. I gave up worrying/caring about it. I know I'll work hard after to get it back off and I'm actually really looking forward to it. I love a challenge!
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

December 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Oddly enough, mine seems to have tapered off the last few weeks. I think I haven't even caught up to what I weighed with DD (I gained 40 with her) I'm at +35 now. Maybe having the flu slowed it down somewhat

December 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Dee
I was shooting for 25 and I'm at 30 lbs up and 9 weeks to go. I'm trying to embrace the fact that I am eating a healthy diet, and it's probably the gobs of protein I'm getting and not the bread pudding I had after breakfast yesterday. Probably.

I feel a little better about the mutual leg shaving situation around here, though.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
December 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i didnt gain anything, until my last appt....7lbs w/in 2 weeks too. it was a shock, but now I cannot stop eating. I am hoping to stay under 10lbs with this baby, but i don't know if i can only gain 3 more lbs in the next 5 weeks lol

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sucks when you don't shave your legs and they have to see them.. oh well lol

December 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Host of March '10 PR
My legs are not shaved and I'm in the hospital already Nor did I get the pedicure I promised I'd treat myself to right before her due date... But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles!!!
As far as weight gain... Is it bad that it's crossed my mind that one of the "good" things about delivering this early is that I won't pack on any more weight? I have gained 25lbs so far, as compared to last time I delivered, I weighed over 20 more than I do now. I packed on weight really fast my last month of pregnancy with DD1. So at least I'll escape that this time. Trying to find some positive in my situation. Obviously I'd gain whatever weight I needed if it meant a full-term baby... But thats just not happening. Sigh.
December 3rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
I was gaining faster than I wanted, and then my gallbladder tried to commit suicide and now I can't eat very much or anything with fat. I've lost 2lbs in a week for a total of 27. I'm glad I have gained a healthy amount and have to talk to my doctor today about the ramifications if I keep losing due to having such a restricted diet. I've always been close to underweight, and have always eaten a ton of food to maintain my weight even when not pregnant. I feel as if I keep eating the way I am, I could lose 5 or 10 more lbs before the due date. I'm trying to make an appointment with a nutritionist.
December 3rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hit the 25 pound mark this visit. Altho I did gain 5.5 lbs in two weeks last month. This visit I had gained 1 lb. My weight has been funny.

But, the baby hit growth spurts...so gaining 5-7 lbs in 2 weeks isnt unusual.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 3rd, 2012, 09:18 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm keeping an eye on mine once a week or so, but trying not to obsess about it. I had already gained about 10 lbs before I even got pregnant due to all the fertility drugs I was taking for months, so I don't even have a good starting point.

I just sort of let it go at this point...

As long as there is no swelling or bloating that could be indicators of something going awry, I think you're just fine.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search