Christmas Gift

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By doxiemom24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My dd who is 4 keeps asking for an orbeez soothing spa for Christmas. This looks like a huge mess that I have no desire for her to have. This is the only thing she asked Santa for today. I can see these spilled all over my floor and smooshed into my carpet. Also you have to continue buying refills for it.

What would you do?

December 2nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
Veteran
If it the "spa" part she likes about it, then maybe you could do a fun 'spa kit' for her with special bubble bath items and a nail kit. If she is into the orbeez maybe go for the lamp, or something like that....??? Supposedly they don't stain and are easy enough to clean up, but I agree that I'm not into things that you have to buy refill after refill for.
December 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Its everything about the toy she wants. The squishy balls and getting to put her feet in it. Dh says its not happening.

December 3rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Orbeez really aren't too big of a mess. DD lives them. They aren't as easy to "squish" as they seem. We play with them in the kitchen where there is no carpet. But, personally, if that was the messiest thing my child asked for, I wouldn't have any qualms about it.

December 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I had no clue what these were, so I had to google. First off, I have to admit, I sort of want one for me!! They look cool, so I can't really blame her for wanting one. BUT, I would think that maybe you could get them and play with them in certain locations (i.e. kitchen floor, garage, outside, bathtub?)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eh i won't get DD them either. I can only picture her not being careful with them and her 15 month old brother getting into them. So nope.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Orbeez kill me. I got some of these things years ago for home decor... Aqua Gems I gotta admit, they are pretty fun to run your fingers through though!

December 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would honestly get them for her....and only let her play with them when you are close by and doing like a "spa" date with her.

I say this because my 4 (almost 5 year old) asked for GAK.....and I ordered it just a few days ago....it is only going to be played with on the dining room table and then put up....he is really into it and I feel bad because he keeps asking for it. I figure, they are only little once....and it will be soo cute to see their faces light up

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I would get it. I f it is something she really wants and is the only thing she asked from Santa I would get it......just monitor the times you uses the toy so you can control the mess.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
I had no idea what these were but I want one for myself!!
.Nikki. and Mamayo like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search