Lets make a list...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree33Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Castor oil is something I wouldn't put in my body risking having baby aspirating meconium. Not worth it!

I was over 40 weeks along with DD and tried walking a lot, sex, bumpy car rides on country mountain roads, etc. Even was dilated 3cm with her and no such luck. With DS I did a ton of walking because of my job. Was dilated 4cm at 39 weeks and still wasn't able to go into labor on my own.

December 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried labor cookies last time. Tasty, but they did nothing for me.

December 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pineapple has bromelain in it, which is supposed to stimulate the digestive system (smooth muscles) which can get your uterus contracting, too (since it's a smooth muscle,too). Bromelain also said to help soften the cervix, like the prostaglandins in semen.
topato likes this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Expecting #1
Starting on December 19th, i.e. 38 weeks, (December 18th is my last day of work before baby) this will be my day:
Walking 3 miles on the riverwalk;
bouncing and sitting on my yoga ball;
stopping along the riverwalk at the mexican restaurant for hottest taco they have;
getting a pedicure at least once a week;
Getting DH to come home for an afternoon delight ;
eating some fresh pineapple; and
walking up and down the three flights of stairs in my house at least 3x per day!

My little one can stay as long as she wants, but I have no problem attempting to coax her out 2 weeks before my due date. I am of the opinion that even by doing all these things, my little girl isn't going to come until she is ready. At least my list will help pass the time and get my endurance up for labor!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

December 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya'll....I cannot believe I didn't remember this and it is literally right outside my door. I have these HUGE steep steps that go from my driveway up to the road up from our house...my aunt that lives down the street actually used these same steps when she was pregnant with my cousin that is now like 25...lol....! I will have take pictures of these bad boys tomorrow....I tried but its dark down. OMG 38 weeks hit....im going up and down a bazillion times a day...or at least til I get tired!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search