Mother's Intuition or Wishful Thinking?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By doxiemom24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't shake the feeling that this little lady will be arriving early. I have absolutely no reason to assume she will anything but al least a little late. My other two were 8 days and 5 days post dates and I knew the whole pregnancy that they would be late. I never once thought they might be early.

This pregnancy I have had the feeling that we may have a New Years Eve baby, which would be about a week early. I keep reminding my self that she will very likely be late, but I can't shake the feeling that we need to hurry and get ready because she will be here sooner than we think!

I can't decide if it's just wishful thinking (even though I really have no preference on when she's born) or if my mother's intuition is telling me something. Any other moms have a gut feeling about this? Any BTDT mom's had this kind of feeling with previous babies and been on the money?

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 3rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I say it is intuition. Granted, I'm a FTM, but I have been saying for months that Scooter will arrive 2 weeks early. We shall see if that holds true, but I'm banking on it!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i feel like my lo will be here early too, and i'd rather he didn't. i mean, i hate being pregnant, but i want him to be ready when he gets here (and i want to be ready too!!) i just feel like he wants out, especially after my bleeding scare in late october.
December 3rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
Yes, I feel that way too. My last two were 4 and 5 weeks early so I'm stressed about it! I just want her to hold off until January so I don't have to pay 2 deductibles. For some reason I just don't feel like my body can take much more though. DH thinks I'm crazy and that she won't come until the end of January like she is supposed to. Today I started my hospital bag list (came in really handy when my water broke last time and my mind went blank!) and got out her things that I need to take.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
December 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was convinced my daughter would be late (late enough that I'd risk not being able to go to the birth center!) but she came 2 days early

December 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Sean, I was dead certain he was coming Jan 28-31. He stayed put till Feb 7th, so clearly I suck at predictions!

December 3rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it might be intuition especially since you have had children before.

I think I may just have wishful thinking about delivering early, but everyone seems to think I will. Even my DH looked at me today and said "you are about to pop" and I said "my belly button has already popped look how funky it is!" and he goes, "no not that, that baby, she's coming early." So, we'll see if everyone is correct

The date Jan 6th is stuck in my mind. We shall see...

December 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was FOR SURE that DS would come early. Wasn't really a gut feeling, I was a FTM and since was 1cm & 80% effaced at 35 or 36wks (can't remember which) I 'just knew' he was coming early but instead he didn't come until his due date

However, I do think this one is coming early. Not too early, but sometime in December. Not because of any reason as far as dialtion or anything (I haven't been checked) but my body just 'feels' like its getting ready for birth. I feel the way I did about 2-3wks before I had DS. Now I know every pregnancy is different and I keep telling myself how wrong I was with DS1 so to not get my hopes up but I still think he will be. 38wks keeps stickin in my head.

December 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought both my previous girls would be here early and no such luck with either of them. I keep wishful thinking that this one will come early, but I don't think it will happen this time either.

Everyone around me thinks this baby will be here early though. My family is already trying to re-arrange Christmas expecting her to be here and I keep telling them to leave well enough alone right now because I don't think she will arrive until the first week in Jan.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I was convinced that my last would be early. I just had June 16 in my head, due date was 24th, and she was born the 28th... Just wishful thinking, I guess.

I really feel like my due date may be wrong and I'll have the baby right after Christmas or at least before I'm ready... I'm sure I'm wrong, though.

Everyone around me feels like our LO will be early. I get huge every pregnancy, but this time I feel gynormous!!! We shall see...
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

December 3rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
I keep thinking that I'll go into labor on my own early, but I have absolutely nothing to base that on. I'm a FTM. I think mine is more of wishful thinking.
Mamayo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search