Chrisrmas

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are you hoping to get this year? I am curious what dh has up his sleeve. He normally hounds me for ideas and this year he hasn't asked at all. I really want the Sony rx100 camera but it is way more than we agreed to spend on one another. I still want it though and fear I am hoping for something that's not going to happen.

December 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Honestly this year, we have, and still have to, spend so much on this baby that I am not hoping for too much. I would love a cover for my new Kindle or maybe some new slippers!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 4th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Dee
Some boxes arrived, so I know that he did a little Christmas shopping while I was away for Thanksgiving, but I managed to avoid looking at the return addresses. I'd be totally satisfied with a no-present Christmas, but that is because selfishly my (limited) shopping energy has gone into finding baby-related bargains I can live with, and I haven't put much time into shopping for DH.

What I most want is a relaxing day with our family, some good food, and a little bit of snow.
December 4th, 2012, 06:23 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I already know that DH and my parents went in together and got me a nook - we got it on Black Friday. He says he's getting me some other things but i told him not to spend any more money.

December 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
With a baby coming right after Christmas, and me now not working, I told him not to get me anything, but I know he has something up his sleeve. He kept asking me what I wanted and when I said "nothing" or "baby stuff" he would give me the "whatever... I"ll just buy you what I picked out then."

I would LIKE a new Vera Bradley bag and wallet and possibly a Vera diaper bag, but I don't expect him to be able to go into the store and pick them out. I did sent him a picture and color name of the exact purse and wallet I would like though.

I know his mom and step-dad are getting us recliners for the living room, so I hope they don't get us anything else. They've already helped us a ton around the house and with the baby furniture.

I was only able to get DF a few things this year... Ohio State Buckeyes stuff: sweatshirt, lounge pants, etc. Depending on if I get my Christmas bonus and when / if I get my disability check in time, I may try to pick up a few more things... but baby stuff comes first.

December 4th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Mommy
We usually don't give each other gifts but this year the hubby is getting me a new phone. He bought himself a new tablet right before Black Friday so I don't have to worry about getting him anything. I'm sure that if anyone else gets us anything it will be baby related.

I got my Christmas gift early and I'm already playing with my new phone. The hubby wanted me to have an awesome phone before the baby comes. He's trying anything to distract me from these pregnancy woes. He's making sure I download a lot of apps that I might find interesting later or when I'm at the hospital.

Last edited by Mamayo; December 7th, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
December 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We give the kids money to buy for us and for their siblings. I asked for a seven rings necklace ($34.00) so I know that at least 2 of the kids will be chipping in to get me that. DH generally just fills in the gaps if they want to get me something bigger. Last year I got a Kerueg (sp?)

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pretty sure I am getting the camera....I have a Canon 40D DSLR, but with 3 kids this little camera will be so stinking handy. So stinking excited.

December 4th, 2012, 09:48 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked my hubby for some new slippers, since being preggo I flattened out the pair that I have now...They are like walking on and extra pair of socks lol. Between Christmas for the kids and getting all the stuff for baby, our budget for spending $ on each other is basically 0$. lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
December 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyenchanted View Post
With a baby coming right after Christmas, and me now not working, I told him not to get me anything, but I know he has something up his sleeve. He kept asking me what I wanted and when I said "nothing" or "baby stuff" he would give me the "whatever... I"ll just buy you what I picked out then."

I would LIKE a new Vera Bradley bag and wallet and possibly a Vera diaper bag, but I don't expect him to be able to go into the store and pick them out. I did sent him a picture and color name of the exact purse and wallet I would like though.

I know his mom and step-dad are getting us recliners for the living room, so I hope they don't get us anything else. They've already helped us a ton around the house and with the baby furniture.

I was only able to get DF a few things this year... Ohio State Buckeyes stuff: sweatshirt, lounge pants, etc. Depending on if I get my Christmas bonus and when / if I get my disability check in time, I may try to pick up a few more things... but baby stuff comes first.

You get a +1 in my book for the OSU stuff! I live in Columbus lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

December 6th, 2012, 11:58 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually I have a decent sized list of what I would like for Christmas...but I'm trying really hard not to be as 'wanty' (my new word!).

I'd really like a new mom necklace but he has no idea what I would like.

I'll take one of those small little coffee pots and a granny pair of slippers! I grew up with all the older ladies around me wearing these things. They had the rubber sole and sandle style top, where your toes were peeping out! I just want something to wear around the house so my feel aren't feeling the crumbs on the floor...not so much for warmth!

Wow, I'm asking for a (mini) coffee pot and slippers...I'm only 30...but now I feel quite old! LOL

I'll take an iPad mini but since I have an iPad 2 I don't see the need in getting one...!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search