C-section questions

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Lucky Mama
  • 1 Post By .Nikki.
  • 1 Post By Mommy2_2.5
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By lovelyenchanted
  • 1 Post By Lacey_619
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Angel.Eyes4351
  • 1 Post By Leigha24
  • 1 Post By armywife1988

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to mentally prepare myself if little man stays breech. I just had a question about the bleeding. After you have a vaginal birth the bleeding can get pretty heavy and not fun for awhile. If you have a c-section do they suck a lot of that out when they have you open so you don't bleed so heavily or is it about the same? I keep trying to look at the positives of a c-section and I am pretty scared. I don't want to feel any of what would be happening and I don't want to puke. I pray River is head down tomorrow at my appt and stays that way but like I said I am trying to get myself ready for a c-section being a real possibility. My doctor said if he was breech at this next appt we would have the options talk..eeep

December 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure about the bleeding, honestly. I would guess that they suction a lot of blood out, but that your uterus still has to contract and clots still need to form to stop the actual flow of blood after you are closed up.

I have a friend who said that they massaged her stomach to control the bleeding, just like they do after a vaginal birth (not fun with a fresh incision, but better than bleeding out).

I would really recommend checking out spinning babies to see if you can get him head down. 35 weeks is on the later end, but still not too late to do something about it! Don't give up without a fight!
d_tops, Lacey_619 and mojomama like this.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have only had one child...which he was a c-section. I bled after, but I cannot compare because I do not know how bad it is vs. vaginal birth. I know where they cut me oozed as it was healing, I actually thought it was infected at one point and went to my gyno and it wasn't...she said it was just healing, it grossed me out.... but I honestly don't think everyone does that...I would hope not.

I do admit, I was very sore after it, I could barely walk....I mean it is HUGE surgery. I would look into if he is still breach talking to the doctor into getting them to turn him....i hear that can be painful, but I would much rather go through that then a c-section....
Lacey_619 likes this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Super Mommy
I've had both and bled the same amount with both. I did hemorrhage after the section which was pretty scary though. After that, everything was fine.
Lacey_619 likes this.
December 4th, 2012, 08:51 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Tough call. I've had both, and I hemorrhaged after my vaginal birth, but it was probably because I was trying to do TOO much. (As in, 2 1/2 weeks after his birth, we hiked for miles and miles in Yellowstone, went swimming for a couple of hours, walked all over my in-laws' town, and so on. It was STUPID.) With DS2, I was forced to take it easier because I was with him in the NICU, then he has medical needs I had to meet. I didn't have a chance to be moving around. But immediately afterward, I feel like I bled about the same with both. Both places massaged and checked my uterus, checked my bleeding amount, and told me no more than one pad an hour to soak through. I bled more than that, but it seems to be my norm.

I would try spinning, too, and talk to your doc about helping your turn the baby. My LO is still trying to move around, going head down, then completely transverse. We're going to wait a little while longer, since she's still determined to move, then try to trap her. She'll never see it coming. Hehehe
.Nikki. likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 03:48 AM
I keep doing the yoga so I hope it helps. I may try acupuncture next. Thanks for the info ladies!

December 5th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope he's head down for you at your appt. My little guy is still all over the place too, it's driving me crazy. I can feel him go head down then next thing I know he's transverse. I'm scared to do too much of the spinning babies stuff because of b/p issues.

Anyway, I am also terrified at the thought of a c/s. I don't have any advice about it but wanted to let you know you aren't alone!
Lacey_619 likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
My c-section honestly wasn't bad. The only thing that makes me nervous again for this time is them getting the spinal in. My epidural failed, but I was half numb so the spinal was easy... This time I won't be numb at all.

Anyway, I bled for the normal 6 weeks. It was heavy for the first few days, but then evened out to period type bleeding. I had my period almost immediately after my PP bleeding.

I did puke as well. But the anesthesiologist assistant sits right at your head with suction... It wasn't a big deal at all.

I was a little sore, but was up walking about at Target 2 days after discharge. They also had me walk around as soon as then unhooked my pain pump at the hospital. (The next day) The hardest part was that my bed at the time was super high. I had to keep a chair next to the bed to help me get in and out. (I wasn't prepared for a c/s)

He still has time to flip. I thought this little one was still breech, but at my u/s yesterday she's head down. It won't matter much for me, but it still made me happy that she turned like she was supposed to.

Like I said, I know there are c-section horror stories, but there are natural birth horror stories too. I will take another c/s any day over what I went through during natural birth. Just don't give up thinking he will turn. And if he doesn't, don't let the prospect of a c/s make this a bad experience for you.

You never know, he could flip just days before he comes out!
Lacey_619 likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks again for the encouragement and support ladies. I had my appt this morning and he is still breech but the doctor said that he thinks he will turn.."his feeling" lol He said the baby has lots of fluid and room to turn but if he was still breech by next week then we would make a final decision. I am thinking of seeing an acupuncture person this week.
Babyschultz likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to say that all 3 of my c-sections have been nothing terrible. I recover so fast and don't feel like the recovery is as bad as it can be made out to be. I was up and walking the next day. I also showered by myself the next day. I will say that I am very motivated and probably do more then I should. I never puked, my worst side effect is my nose itches really really bad for hours after. I sure hope he turns around for you, but if he doesn't know that c-sections are not as bad as they are made out to be. The only part that gets me nervous is the spinal and then when thye are sewing me up I am constantly asking if everything is ok. lol Also I did bleed for the full 6 weeks.
Lacey_619 likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 08:12 AM
The spinal is just like an epidural right?

December 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
This is great info...I obviously don't "plan" on a section, but I have recently had 2 friends have babies that were all prepped for either natural or epi, and both babies needed to come via section for different reasons...and neither were prepared mentally for it...so, I plan on doing a good amount of mental prep for the "any case" scenario. Thanks for this info!
Lacey_619 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bled for longer after my c section... But maybe less quantity at first?

I hope you can avoid a c section. I would try chiropractor, spinning babies, external version, etc etc.
Lacey_619 likes this.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Lacey-Pretty much. Have your anesthesiologist (IF you need one) explain all the steps as s/he goes along. It helps with the anxiety if they're not just poking around back there. (I actually hate not being able to see what doctors are doing to me!)

You guys are smart to mentally prepare for any eventuality. I know several women who also were planning sections, but went into labor and gave birth before, too! It doesn't hurt to educate yourself on your options, the procedures, hospital policies, etc.

Fingers crossed that, no matter what method of delivery we all have, we all recover quickly and as painlessly as possible!

December 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bled for a little over three weeks. Heavier than a period. But I only have had one child so I don't have anything to compare it to lol. I had an epidural that wore off twice, so they did a spinal then csection. I'm definitely going for just a spinal and csection this time around. Hopefully your baby will turn and a surgery won't be needed. But it really isn't so bad if you end up having to have one. You just have to not overdo it
Lacey_619 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

December 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Veteran
Iloved my c section. I bled alot less then myvaganal birth. And to me the recovery was better! good luck and you still have plenty of time for the baby toflip
Lacey_619 likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I hope so. I read Jessica's post last night about hospital policy and c-sections and I thought about not holding him right away and I just bawled then begged River to turn..to no avail. lol
Hormones. It is just hard having three vaginal births and knowing what to expect and having this be a total unknown to me. Oh well, I will put it in Gods hands and just keep praying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search