Contractions

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2012, 07:04 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I know it's hard to explain, but can btdt moms do their best to describe what they feel like? Especially the random contractions.

December 4th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
The best way for me to describe it is- Your belly gets really really tight, like its in a cramp and then releases. Sorry that might not be any help but thats the best way I know how :/
December 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
The best way for me to describe it is- Your belly gets really really tight, like its in a cramp and then releases. Sorry that might not be any help but thats the best way I know how :/

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 4th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Veteran
I wish I knew. There have been a couple of times where I think I am having contractions but I am unsure.
December 4th, 2012, 07:48 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
I would say it feels like your entire uterus/stomach solidifying into a big rock and then releasing a few moments later. Some of them make it a bit difficult to breathe. That's what they feel like to me anyway- now the ones I've been having today and yesterday have pelvic pain and some menstrual cramp-like pain in my back.

December 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
My tummy gets rock hard. It starts out like on my sides..then moves forward across my belly 'till my entire belly is hard. They can last anywhere from 20 seconds to a min and comes in waves. Your lower back may hurt during the contractions and you may feel period cramps in between.sometimes, it may even make you feel like you have to pee during the contractions...and also 'causes pressure down there during the contraction
December 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good question Meg. I have honestly wondered the same thing. It can be hard to tell. I think that based off of what has been said I have had some random practice contractions but definitely nothing consistent yet.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had different experiences with contractions. With my first, I felt every contraction in my back and femurs. My bones ached like I was having really, insanely painful growing pains.

With my second, it was more typical. Tightening belly, cramping feeling, almost like diarrhea cramps, that got more intense and focused.

I think they feel a little different for everyone.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Hmm. I wonder if i'm having more frequent random contractions then. I don't know what this feeling is that i've had for 24 hours. It kind of feels like Spike is trying to get lower. I've had a couple of these uncomfortable episodes that have lasted about 20 seconds but nothing that's made me worried. More like made me wonder what the heck is going on in there!

December 5th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Like a really tight Charley horse in your belly.

If they last more then 1 minute and become closer together and start wrapping around to your sides you should call up to your L&D for suggestions.

But honestly, when they are real and progressive...you WILL know.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 5th, 2012, 08:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
This is interesting...I have wondered this myself. I recently just started having obvious, but very infrequent and random, BH ctx, but I think it was a long time before that because I didn't know what they were. I've heard many ladies say that when it's the real thing, you will know. I'm hoping that's the case!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 5th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar08 View Post
But honestly, when they are real and progressive...you WILL know.
That's what i figured.

I know these aren't BHs, i've been having those and mine haven't hurt. I guess i could describe it as BH combined with a pulled muscle strain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search