what to do with these diaper cakes????

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 3 Post By Babyschultz
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 2 Post By Jmcorso

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Veteran
So I received multiple diaper cakes at my baby shower which were very sweet gifts but now i'm not sure what to do with them?? I have these two large cake towers of diapers sitting in the nursery closet, and each tower has dozens and dozens of diapers rolled up and secured with little rubber bands. Do I individually unroll each diaper and just put them all in a bag? Also, I think only one of the diaper towers was done with the brand of diapers that I had wanted (pampers sensitive) so i'm not even sure I want to do with all these diapers I might not use....hmmm
December 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Veteran
I think my BFF had the same problem when she had her baby shower in May, because she recently gave me HUNDREDS of rubber banded, tied in a bow diapers in newborn size and size 1. (Yay for me!) She had a big baby so LO was only in newborn size for a couple weeks, and then quickly grew put of 1s too. Being a FTM I have no diaper brand preference, so I am really stoked.

Do yo have a pregnant friend you can give the overflow too? If not I'm sure there are tons of charities and organizations that would absolutely swoon over such a donation.

December 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Host of March '10 PR
The diaper cake I got for DD1 was not the brand I used... But once I saw how quickly I was blowing through diapers, I had no problem using up the cake diapers
I just left it assembled in her closet and pulled from it as needed. I also like the idea of donating them if there are leftovers. But wait and see, you may be surprised at how many diapers you go through!
joellejello likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got off brand with my DD and I used them up. Diapers are not cheap why not use them if they do the job?

December 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Veteran
you guys make good points, When the time comes and If need them i'll use them, and if I dont use them I will find someone who could! My only debate is if I should leave them in tower form or take of all the rubber bands and try to unroll them.
December 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I actually got the brand I want to use, so I disassembled and put in a storage bin for later use. Some of them are a little ripped up because my aunt used tape instead of ribbon or rubber bands to hold them together, so those will be extras/spares/emergency diapers.

I think if you won't use them, FOR SURE donate them. This time of year especially, many places would be overly thrilled to receive diapers!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
And that is why I make my diaper cakes swirled- no annoying rubber bands!

Anyhow, I agree with the others- if you do not use the brand donate the diapers to a local women's shelter.

My friend actually attempted to make me one (she said it was as a joke) and I unrolled them all and put them in my diaper stacker. They are not the brand I use but there are only a few of them so I figured I'd try them. Plus, now I have enough rubber bands to last for a while

December 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would unroll them and use them once baby came....until then I would have them sitting in his/her room because I think they are the cutest. We do not have a certain brand of diaper we use....with X we preferred certain ones over the other, but when it came down to it, it was what was on sale. I would never give good diapers away because of a brand!

why use sensitive right from the start? I would try things less expensive and go to sensitive as a last resort....some babies don't need those?

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You may find the type of diapers you think you want to use don't end up working for your baby so I would take them apart so they can begin flattening out and get them ready for use.

My DD actually faired better with Target and Walmart brand diapers over Luvs and Huggies. Huggies leaked for us with every single diaper used. Luvs gave her a rash.
.Nikki. likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hated Huggies last time but this cake was made with a new brand....Huggies little snugglers. I think they are trying to be like pampers swaddlers, which is what I liked last time so I'm hoping they'll be ok. I unwrapped one layer but still have three more to go! Lol

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I just disassembled and stacked them in storage bins, labeled with what size they are. I got 1's and 2's so I had to separate so I had the right size for the right stage of life!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Veteran
Ha! When I got a diaper cake at my shower years ago...I whispered in my mother's ear" Look at this beautiful diaper cake...too bad it's all going go to sh*t!". Lol! Use them feverishly or I can you give you my mailing address! Lol!
.Nikki. and joellejello like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search