and to think they are family...pfft.

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By zaney
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I hope I can take a video camera in the labor and delivery room and record myself telling my husband's family to quickly dismiss themselves from my SIGHT. I am over them. I have been on bed rest for three weeks tomorrow and you would think anyone from that side, knowing I am home, would call, txt, telegram....anything to make sure myself and Latham are ok....alive even. Nope not a single one. Then to top it off DH's sister sends him(HIM) a txt asking if we can watch their 1 year old on the 15th so they can go to a Xmas party. Cold day in the pits of hell sister. I am not a spiteful person by any means...but you aren't going to go a month without talking to me then expect me to watch your kid. As for Dh's parents....nothing new here, his mother tries her best to not come in contact with me. I will just make sure I make it very clear that I don't want them anywhere near that hospital when I go into labor. Save the two hour drive and gas for when your daughter needs you to watch their kid for a romantic night out. Sorry for the rant, vent.....attitude. I am just frustrated and only have two cats I could talk to....ha.

December 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Veteran
Sounds like the cats listen better than your inlaws.
.Nikki., d_tops and Lyndsey2013 like this.

December 6th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

They sound like inconsiderate people!

December 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that is rude! You can text me if you get bored..

December 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Jeez, seriously, what is it with people's families!!??

I used to gripe about little things with mine, but honestly, some of these stories make me really thankful.

At least you know that besides your kitties, we are here!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 6th, 2012, 08:33 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I have an inconsiderate family too. . You can always talk to us.

December 6th, 2012, 09:09 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love how some people think "she is just pregnant" and think we can still do the everyday normal stuff (example them asking you to watch their child on bed rest). I DONT THINK SO. do people not realize we are preparing for child birth and are tired/annoyed/hormonal/cranky.....yet we are still trying to keep our families and households happy. I am sooo over people right now I am right there with you....I have certain people I want with me when I am having baby, and I want no one else to even know I am in labor.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't get me wrong, I adore their little boy. He and Madison love playing and he really isn't any trouble. Plus, I know Dh would more than likely be the one actually tending to him for the bit. I just feel like sometimes people take advantage of certain family members because they know they can. I don't want pity while being home...especially since I am only on bedrest til 37 weeks, but I would appreciate a little concern. I guess people just don't understand the concept of common courtesy. I am glad you ladies are here to talk to and don't mind my ranting It means a lot!
.Nikki. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search