Multi Use Pads?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 11:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ok, making a trip to Target this afternoon to pick up some random baby supplies, including a few things for making a first aid kit and some other items that I just haven't gotten yet.

On a list I made long ago, I have "multi use waterproof pads".

When we were shopping last weekend, we found both disposable ones and reusable ones. The reusable ones were fleece, but still said waterproof.

Any recos on what is best to get? Both disposable and reusable? How many? Material?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What type of pad is this??

December 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Not really sure, just "multi use pad" was all I was told to look for? I think it can be used for many things...laying on the floor for changing, laying over the changing pad or for out of the house use? I've also heard that some ladies use them underneath their sheets when they are close to term just in case their water breaks?

Again, not really sure, hoping for some insight from BTDT mommies!

December 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought washable ones for on top of the changing pad. They are terry cloth on one side and plastic/waterproof on the back. I used "lap pads" last time but they didn't have any girly ones so I got the plain white pads this time. I have those waterproof crib pads too. I'm actually using the ones from 7 years ago!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Huh - I've never heard of this. I do have a waterproof crib pad but that's it.

December 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I guess if you're not really sure what you'd use it for then i probably wouldn't buy it!

I did buy a disposable pad for our bed when i'm closer to term just because i wouldn't want to ruin our mattress, even though i know the likelihood of that happening is low. We also got a waterproof matress pad for the crib.

December 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both my MIL and Step Mom said these are great to use. I have two different kinds..I have a large pad that goes underneath the sheet and on top of the mattress protector on the crib. It is made of a flannel material and washable. The other ones I have are about 1/4 the size of that bigger than a birp cloth and smaller than a receiving blanket and those are also flannel and washable. Those are for when you lay the baby down to change them.. my MIL called them "piddle pads" I think they will be useful for me because I don't have a changing table so I will likely be changing him all around the house!

December 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4bby View Post
Both my MIL and Step Mom said these are great to use. I have two different kinds..I have a large pad that goes underneath the sheet and on top of the mattress protector on the crib. It is made of a flannel material and washable. The other ones I have are about 1/4 the size of that bigger than a birp cloth and smaller than a receiving blanket and those are also flannel and washable. Those are for when you lay the baby down to change them.. my MIL called them "piddle pads" I think they will be useful for me because I don't have a changing table so I will likely be changing him all around the house!
Yep, these sound like exactly what I saw/bought. Thanks!
Hoping4bby likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I never had any. All of our beds / crib have waterproof mattress pads, but that's it.

I got one when DD was older for trips to put under her in bed in case of accidents, but never as a baby.

December 7th, 2012, 12:05 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4bby View Post
Those are the kind we have, too. I LOVE them and used them all the time. Actually I still use them and the boys are 4 & 5. When I was pregnant I used one (the larger one obviously) under myself in case my water broke. Used it again to sit around the house/lay in bed when I came home from the hosp in case I bled, and now we use them when one of us is sick as an oops pad. I also used them when night nursing a lot...I'm a lazy nurser and never wear a bra or breast pads to bed so sometimes we would leak, baby would drool milk all down their face...you get the idea. Was so much easier than washing the sheets!

December 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Great info, love all the uses...guess they truly are multi-use! Glad I grabbed a package!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search