Nicknames for kiddos

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering if you ladies use regular nicknames for your children. Madison has two that Dh and I call her Bink and Toots. I have no idea why we or how we came up with those but they have stuck.

December 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh geez, we never call our kids by their real names. Kian is Buddy or Mr big, lol, and aria is sis or princess. I think this kid has already been dubbed Nemo.

December 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll call Sawyer 'buddy' like "Come here buddy" or "Hey little buddy" but its not a regular thing, he just goes by Sawyer. My friend and her 2yr old calls him Saw Saw

December 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Payge used to be Peanut or Peanut Butter. Now that she's older we call her Paygie Bear or Little Monkey.

December 8th, 2012, 08:15 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
James is buddy sometimes, but normally we call him James. And Harley is Har-face or Har-Har sometimes, but more often than not...its Harley. And the one in the oven we have been calling Baby-Baby, because DH always calls me baby and baby is inside of me...so baby-baby kinda stuck since the very begining. I guess we are kind of boring lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
December 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aidan is Shoopy (he smiled with Sh sounds when he first started smiling and this is what happened. Lol)

Callen is Chumpy (Aidan would always comment how Callen was so "chumpy" instead of chunky, and it stuck.

We call them their real names too.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I call them all Muffin a lot.
Zoe is often Noodle. I'm not sure where it came from. She's sometimes Stinky Face as well, which came from a picture book she had, I Love You Stinky Face (cute book, find it at your library).
Selene is almost always Bean or Beana, because she was small as a bean when she was born, and is still tiny.
Garvin is Gub or Gubby, because he was named after my grandpa, and that's what he was called when he wss little. He doesn't know why, he just was. Lol.
Gwen was Baby until I got pregnant again and we realized that she wasn't going to be the baby anymore (yeah, she was nameless for weeks because we wanted the perfect name, and then we just called her Baby anyhow). Now she is usually Gwennie Vi, which is what dh's grandma has always cslled her. She's super proud of having a grandbaby with her name (Viola).

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (12), Selene (8), Garvin (6), Gwen (3), Thomas (21m), and a bonus surprise, due 29 June 2015
December 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We call Zaden Zade or Zz per my niece and nephew I also call him papichulo or Z-man per my brother. The baby is just baby for me right now but my brother and his kids call the baby Ziggy which my Mom is also referring to baby as Ziggy

December 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xavier is "Boogz" because when he was younger he had a bad cold and we couldn't get the boogerz out of his nose....it just stuck. lol...

i also call him "boo boo"

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 9th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaden is bug or Jadey jew, Riley is Morgan or RiRi, Kendal is Koo Koo. I have no clue how Jadens started but Riley's middle name is Morgan and when Kendal was a baby we used to sing the bunny foo foo song to her but sing little Kendi koo koo and it stuck..lol

December 9th, 2012, 06:51 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are so cute.

December 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lela - our sweet girl who passed away was nicknamed Pooh Bear by daddy!

Riley - is Bear (totally fits him, mean like a grizzly at times and other times cuddly as a cub!)

Samuel - Monkey (for obvious reasons!) or FedEx (stolen from Cheaper By the Dozen)

December 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any children yet, but for awhile we were referring to Vivi as Spock because my first ultrasound was at 6 weeks and she was just a speck, sounds like Spock and we went with it. It was when my DH was seriously considering it for a name because we used it for so long that I knew we had to cut it out and name this kid once we knew the gender. So, so far she is Viv and Vivi but I'm sure interesting nicknames will be coming her way once we meet her!

December 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Scooter is our first, and he has been named Scooter since very early on. I have a very, very strong feeling that the nickname will stick, especially since EVERYONE we know already calls him that.

Dogs, though, are:

Max - Mr Havercamp (of Caddyshack fame), Mister, Maxie, Champ
Peanut - Boo, Small Man, Little Man, Chump
Molly - Chicken
(Champ and Chump are our favs)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Haha I was going to share my pets nicknames too.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

December 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Haha I was going to share my pets nicknames too.
Until January, my dogs are my kiddos, so no reason not to share!!!

Plus, I think "Mr Havercamp" is just funny. If you've ever seen Caddyshack and paid attention to that character, that is exactly what my nearly 17-year old, blind and deaf Max is like!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 9th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah all I have is my cat...until January she has plenty of nick names though. Her name is Suki...named after the chef in the show Gilmore Girls. My husband and I loved that show. No correlation between the character and our cat just like the name.
Her nicknames are
Pookie,
Pookie Bear
Suki Bear
Poo Bear,
Stinky (DH calls her this because she has so much fur sometimes she gets "stink bombs" stuck on her behind.)
Fuzzy britches
Boo boo bear
That's pretty much it. She will be 10 in February still not sure how she will react with someone else in the house!

I couldn't help but leave a picture I know I have showed her off before but she's too cute not to show another pic

Last edited by Hoping4bby; December 9th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
December 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use short forms for all the kids names. I also call YDD Baby still. DH calls her Silly Sh&t or Silly Goose.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Our kids have LOADS of nicknames, and not a single one has to do with their actual names. Hahahahaha Oh, wait. Milo is often "Smilo". Several are jokes between DH and me, long before we were even dating. Aside from those, DS1 is often "Professor Von (insert random descriptor here)" because he thinks that he knows everything. Professor Von Frost (when telling us about the snow and condensation and yelling at us all to stop breathing because we're fogging windows). DS2 wants to be called "Mickey" after his Mic-Key feeding tube. He thinks that it's cool that he has a surgically given nickname. Weird, I know.

And this baby has a ton of nicknames already. But DS2 insists on calling her Sally, no matter what we name her, so I have a feeling that that will stick for a while.

December 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh...I forgot about the dog! His name is Cooper but we often call him Super Cooper. He's a droopy dog and I can't help but lift his ears and say 'SUPER COOPER' like he flying!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search