Nursery organization

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tell me what your workin with. What is hung up? What's in the drawers? Or anything else fancy or enlightened.

Finally in the process of getting Julia's room ready, and moving Callen in with Aidan.

Also, cloth diaperers- how do you organize yours?

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I'm glad you posted this. I stood staring at everything in my nursery for about an hour today trying to figure out how I was going to organize the drawers and diapers. I got nothing!

December 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a nursery this time since my dd that is almost 3 will not get out of the baby bed. I store most of my cloth diapers on the changing table shelves. The baby and my 3 yr old are sharing the closet and dresser for now. BB will be in our room for 6 months to a year.

December 9th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
I went to Ikea and bought all of these canvas drawer organizers. The baby clothes are so small that these organizers worked like a dream keeping everyting in place.
A.Sue8 and Mamayo like this.

My twin girls are prayer buddies for Sarah Faith and Leah Hope.
Please keep them in your prayers.

December 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Mommy
Everything that's tiny is organized in a dresser, everything that can be hung is in the closet and everything else is in canvas drawers from Ikea. I haven't bought any cloth diapers yet so I'm not quite sure where I'm going to put those at.
December 9th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am actually on the ball this time. All of Rivers clothes are washed and put away in his dresser. I have a arms reach co sleeper so with all the compartments and pockets I have all the diapers wipes ext. stored. I packed my bag last night so I am ready to go..
LilHerndon likes this.

December 9th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Onesies hung up? Sleepers hung up? Gowns? I have more drawer space this time... But I'm wondering what to put in them... Hmmm

December 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiMimi View Post
I went to Ikea and bought all of these canvas drawer organizers. The baby clothes are so small that these organizers worked like a dream keeping everyting in place.
Yes I did the same thing! They are wonderful!! Also, Ikea has really cheap wood shelves that you can stain or paint and they are awesome! As for the closet, our closet already had dividers in it so I used these little hanging marker things to mark which clothes were Newborn, 3 Month and 6 Month so my husband doesn't get confused lol!

We are just about done with the nursery, so pics will be coming soon!

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
December 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Can you guys post a link to the storage containers you got from ikea? I have a small dresser and a small armoire and no closet so I'm trying my best to maximize space.

December 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sure! They are called SKUBB boxes that I used and come in all different shapes and sizes. Here's a link to the page with them! Look through their site and you'll find a bunch more options just like them.

SKUBB Box - black - IKEA and
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60192633/

The long thin ones in the second link work GREAT for newborn diapers in a small drawer to keep them easily accessible and not falling over, and I used the small square ones for paci's and hats/socks.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
December 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of my hand me down onesies, gowns, sleepers are folded in drawers. I have one drawer with hats, socks, tights, mittens, bibs etc. Coats, dresses, "nice" outfits are hanging along with new sleepers/onesies that I haven't washed yet or are bigger sizes. I hung a diaper stacker on the closet door beside the changing table with those command hooks. I also have a smaller basket sitting right on top of the changing table with a few diapers, creams, etc. My changing table has two openings...one has two small baskets full of pacis, creams, medicines, thermometers, bows, etc. the other opening has blankets and burp cloths folded up in it. I'll post pics again as soon as I get it straightened up and everything hung on the walls.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 9th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
Sure. I bought the skubb boxes too, but a little different than Lindsay...

SKUBB Box with compartments - black - IKEA

These worked like drawers in my girls armoire. I could fit two on each shelf.

SKUBB Storage box, set of 6 - black - IKEA

I have drawers in my armoire and I used these for socks, pacifiers and small items.

I bought the white in both organizers. I love them all.

December 9th, 2012, 09:26 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a dresser/changing table that in the top drawer I put little open bins, one for socks and mittens, another for tiny hats and swim suits. Then I have NB clothing folded up and room to stack some diapers. Second drawer is 0-3 month clothing. Bottom drawer is extra swaddle blankets, crib blankets, stroller blankets, etc.

In the closet that was already set up by a previous owner with those white wire kind of separaters (I'll include a pic) I have everything else. Hung up in size order are her super cute special outfits. Then in bins I have 3-6 clothing, 6-9, 9-12, and 12 up. Once she's out of newborn, the 3-6 month drawer moves to the top and I will take down the 3-6 clothing bin, put those clothes in the 2nd drawer, and then turn that bin into NB clothes for a future baby or a friend that needs hand me downs.

IMG_3553 by May2287, on Flickr

org by May2287, on Flickr

I also had these shelves that we painted white where I have my baby care stuff in arms reach above the dresser. Under one of them we screwed in hooks to hang her headbands and put a mason jar for hair clips.

IMG_3579 by May2287, on Flickr

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHerndon View Post
Sure! They are called SKUBB boxes that I used and come in all different shapes and sizes. Here's a link to the page with them! Look through their site and you'll find a bunch more options just like them.

SKUBB Box - black - IKEA and

The long thin ones in the second link work GREAT for newborn diapers in a small drawer to keep them easily accessible and not falling over, and I used the small square ones for paci's and hats/socks.
Quote:
Sure. I bought the skubb boxes too, but a little different than Lindsay...

SKUBB Box with compartments - black - IKEA

These worked like drawers in my girls armoire. I could fit two on each shelf.

I have drawers in my armoire and I used these for socks, pacifiers and small items.

I bought the white in both organizers. I love them all.
Darnit! Those are perfect but none of them are available online and our closest Ikea is 2.5 hours away. I'll have to keep an eye out for something like those.

December 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We have a ton of storage, and a lot isn't filled yet.

We have a 6 drawer dresser with the changing pad on top, and so far, the only thing in the drawers are a few side-snap tshirts, and all of his sleepsacks. One of the drawers will have diapers, wipes, and care items, but need to get the dividers first.

In the closet, we have all of his clothes hanging up now, but I will very likely take the gowns and footies off hangers and put them in a drawer.

Then we also have 2 elfa units like THIS
that right now contain: blankets, spare sheets/mattress pads, hats, bibs, socks, but will likely contain other things as I try different solutions.

Then on the shelf inside the closet (about mid way up, inbetween 2 rods), there are 3 shallow bins that will eventually contain small items like socks and hats and pacies and random stuff.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah those of you that have an ikea nearby can bite the booty! Our closest is 4.5 hrs. I've never been.

Yay I love the pictures! I think I'm a visual learner! I forgot all about bows! Laws have mercy.
MommaTooters likes this.

December 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Expecting #1 & 2
Mere, Vivi's room is so stinkin' cute.

Another thing, I swear by these...

Space Bag 12 Storage Combo Packs in Color: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

I have clothes for my girls up to 6x already. I do not worry about storing it all in their room. Space Bag the clothes by sizes. I have a bag of 6 month, a bag of 9 month....etc. When it comes time for them to wear that size, I will take them out of storage.

One more tidbit....

Don't forget about using under the bed boxes for storage under the crib. I have a plastic storage box on wheels under each of the girls beds and it is great. I have crib skirts, so you don't even see them.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Last edited by MauiMimi; December 9th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
December 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Mere, Vivi's room is so stinkin' cute.

Another thing, I swear by these...

Space Bag 12 Storage Combo Packs in Color: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

I have clothes for my girls up to 6x already. I do not worry about storing it all in their room. Space Bag the clothes by sizes. I have a bag of 6 month, a bag of 9 month....etc. When it comes time for them to wear that size, I will take them out of storage.

One more tidbit....

Don't forget about using under the bed boxes for storage under the crib. I have a plastic storage box on wheels under each of the girls beds and it is great. I have crib skirts, so you don't even see them.
Thanks lady yes under storage bins for cribs is a great idea! Also some of the things I know she won't use for years I have in bins in another storage closet in our game room for when we need it. Don't need everything out all at once! Good advice MM!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 9th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a 2 sided hanging organizer that I used for dance (got a bigger one in Zebra print) so I have all the face clothes, soap, shampoo, Q Tips etc hanging on the back of the bedroom door. Then all the diapers and wipes are in the side storage of the crib, the other side has a detachable hamper. I also have a 3 drawer dresser for everything else. The only thing that is hung up are his coats and snowsuits.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um...I still have her clothes in a Rubbermaid storage tote...not even sorted by size! Still have to wash them. Gifts still in their bags in the corner of the spare room, which will some day be hers.

I have NO idea where we are putting anything as we don't have an extra dresser or anything. I think for the time being we will just get some cheap baskets/boxes and put stuff in there.

I've always just tossed the onsies in a basket since they don't really NEED to be folded. Same with socks after they are matched up. Just toss in a basket. I'm sure I will hang her good outfits/dreses but most everything else will just go in something and sit on our dresser for a while.

As far as diapers go...I have one of those short three drawer Rubbermaid things and I usually use that as the diaper holder. Diapers and wipes in the top drawer along with any creams/powders. Sleepers in the second drawer and random baby stuff/toys in the bottom one. Has worked great with all three kids so far.

Cloth diapers...still haven't bought any but if we do cloth this time around I will do like last time. One basket for prefolds, one for fitteds, one for covers, and a daddy-basket for ones that dh will use. If we go all cloth I will use the three drawer dresser thing for the cloth and separate them somehow in there.
Angel.Eyes4351 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search