Another 2.5 weeks? BRING IT!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 3 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BAHAHA! I was thinking this afternoon....tomorrow I can technically do natural things to try to induce labor and not have to worry that he wouldn't be ok. I don't feel like it though. I did some walking today...over it. Dh and I could DTD but he is never here with work overwhelming his life these last few weeks. I don't want to take anything as I am just nervous about it. Would it really work anyways?

Are any of you going Gung Ho on the labor inducers come 37 weeks?

PS. Now that I have accepted being preggo another 2.5 weeks I will go into labor tonight..

December 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm honestly having such issues right now at 35 weeks that I can't believe I have almost 5 weeks to go! I really don't know how I am going to last; these practice contractions sure are fun!

As much as I want her out and not past her due date, I'm not someone who is going to take meds or use castor oil or any of that stuff. Maybe if I'm feeling nice I'll let my DH DTD with me since that is the one method he is "willing" to try Other than that, I am going to walk, more for my health than anything else, and maybe one night for kicks we'll go over speed bumps quickly. We live in a neighborhood through of them and I can see it being a silly experience.

As much as I'd like to think I have some super control on when she comes out, I'm pretty sure she picks her grand entrance when she knows it's time.
mommysc2, A.Sue8 and Jmcorso like this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Once 36/37 weeks gets here, I won't be so cautious as to keep my contractions from coming. I could technically come off bed rest tomorrow, but I'll probably take it easy another 2 weeks for her well being.

At 36 weeks, DF might get lucky. Not to try to start them, but just because it's been forever, and if DTD did start them at that point, I wouldn't feel as guilty.

Other than that, I won't do anything special. I have quite a bit to get done anyway.

And with MY luck... even though I've been having contractions on/off since 30 weeks, they will miraculously stop at 36.

December 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not going to do a thing and am really not much of a believer in any of it. I read and tried pretty much everything with both of my other kids and none of it worked.

BB will come when she is ready and not a day before.

December 9th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I already gave up on my rasberry leaf tea..I've decided to just go with the flow, my body seems to not be doing anything. I'm still carrying high and my mucus plug grew in size from 33-35 weeks :/ and only over doing it causes me to have BH otherwise I never have them.

December 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
WHOA! You're full-term tomorrow! WOOHOO!

I'm not an inducer. I also want the baby to develop for as long as possible. And, if I'm being totally honest, I want to wait until AFTER Christmas! I still have too much to do for Christmas, for DS1's school stuff, and getting the apartment in order. Never mind that the nursery is stacked floor-to-ceiling with non-baby stuff!

December 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am hoping to wait until after Christmas. I figure he will get here when he gets here.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nah... Not til more like 39-40wks would I do anything. Important things are still developing and I want her to be ready.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I am not going to do anything. I am just going to wait until my body and my baby are ready......I will be full term on Dec. 19th but if I had the chpice I would like to get through Christmas but I have no control over that.......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't do a thing with Madison either...granted it was late July, crazy hot and she was my first so I was paranoid about everything.

December 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I think I am going to start things during week 38. nothing crazy just walking, DTD, bouncing on the ball more often things like that. I really would like for her to make her arrival during week 39 because my family will be down from up north that week. But I dont want that bad enough to do any extreme inducers lol. just maybe give a little encouragement!

December 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Veteran
I had drank some RR leaf tea with my first and went into labor the next day on his due date....purely coincidental!
December 9th, 2012, 09:13 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't be doing anything to pop her out early here! I've had one come too early already and I'd hate to change anything even if I am considered full-term! I'd love to not be pregnant anymore...but not at the risk of my child or my health (partial abruption last time).

Plus, like someone else had already mentioned...I'm not a firm beliver in half the stuff they say works. It's all in God's hands when she is to be born!

December 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Nope, not a thing. I will just wait it out and Scooter will come when he's good and ready!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried some of the less crazy stuff with my son (walking, labor cookies) and nothing did anything. He just wasn't ready, and apparently, my body was cool with that! I doubt I go to any efforts with this one either... it all just sounds exhausting, and I'm only 33 weeks!

December 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Expecting #1
I have read all of the natural labor inducers and not so sure that any of them actually work. I am a firm believer, that you can do everything on those lists, but if your body and baby aren't ready, it wont matter.

That being said, I am still planning on trying some of them If my LO isnt ready, then she won't come. I plan on starting some of the "inducers" when I am 38 weeks though. Eating pineapple, walking more, sitting/bouncing on the yoga ball, walking up and down the stairs in my house, and eating something spicy. I might get a pedicure or two as well If anything this will just help me pass the time and nothing I plan on doing is considered unhealthy. Other than bouncing on a yoga ball and getting a pedicure, I have done all this throughout my pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search