Someone needs to save my family from me

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I am almost not sleeping at this point because of pain and sickness. I am also SUPER hormonal on top of that (which I've never had during my other pregnancies). I am ready to rip some heads off, and they're not doing anything worse than normal! The pelvic pain is out of control, so I'm basically spewing profanities as I walk, too, which is surely a little disconcerting. I have no edit button left, so I say horrible things, I'm sure. UGH! I love, love, LOVE being pregnant, but it's NEVER been this bad at the end like this. I'm thinking that secretly, DH would appreciate a pre-Christmas baby. I can't say that I blame him.

Really, I'm essentially a doormat, super-nice type of person. I like being happy, and I go out of my way to make sure that others are. Now, I'm contemplating making other people miserable just so they understand how I feel. NOT good! HAHAHA

Anyone else like this? I've had all-the-way-to-delivery sickness with all kids. I had sciatica with my first, contractions and kidney stones with my second, plus all my other fun chronic issues that make me miserable. BUT I've gotten past it to be excited and happy and kind.

This time around, I don't know what's going on. It's almost scary. I do NOT like this feeling, but I HATE feeling like I'm complaining, too! Like I'm ungrateful for the opportunity to do this again.

Blech.

December 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been super cranky and everything gets on my nerves. I have been very short with my kids and then feel guilty about it later.

I am ready for the roller coaster to end.

December 9th, 2012, 05:56 PM
YES! My kids aren't even doing anything wrong, but I feel like I'm watching someone else talk to them. I joke about them being jerks and that sort of thing on Facebook all the time, but OMG! I'm totally treating them like they're little adults who are willfully trying to piss me off all the time. I am hating myself a little. Same for DH. He has stepped it up the past week to help out more, but I've spent the better part of 3 days just being pissed at him for NO good reason. I'm not normally like that AT ALL. (DH would totally back me up on that, even without the threat of the recent me. Hahahaha)

Again, I feel so ungrateful, but I can't walk, sleep, move, anything, plus, I'm just yelling at everyone all the time. I guess "each pregnancy is different" really is true. :/

December 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's tough for sure. No matter how many times your kids and hubby have seen you pregnant they can never fully understand your mindset these last few weeks. Really in your case it just builds through the whole pregnancy and I am sure you are at your wits end. Dh has been pretty good with picking up on when I need some alone time...Madison on the other hand just doesn't understand. There have been a few occasions where I find myself zoning out and not listening to her or even stalling on fixing lunch or something. She is very quick to remind me and I can usually snap out of it. I am sorry you are not feeling up to par. I hope you get some relief and can enjoy your last few weeks.
Jay Chrysalis likes this.

December 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you. That's part of it. The kids don't understand AT ALL. DS1 tries, but I know by his constant nagging that he really doesn't. Hahahaha DH does. He worries about me a lot. The problem is the stupid hormones PLUS no sleeping! He tries to do something nice, and instead of thinking, "Wow, that was really sweet," I think, "ABOUT TIME! YOU SHOULD BE DOING THIS ALL THE TIME!" And that's for stuff that he does often, too. HAHAHAHAHAHA

You know those exaggerations of pregnant women they show on just about every sitcom? Me. Now. Roseanne-style.

I think that I'm going to ask for the pain meds on Tuesday. *sigh* I wanted to avoid them, but when you can feel the 2 sides of the pelvis moving independently, there's bound to be pain. Not sleeping? No time to get relief from pain. We'll see if that helps. If not, I'm going to ask the doctor to put me up in the hospital until the baby comes out. For my family's sanity. Hahahahahahahahaha

December 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
i've been super irratable too probably due to the pain and discomfort. i hope we all feel better soon!!

[IMG][/IMG]
December 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im with you....especially on the not sleeping.....and wanna hear what i have to do tomorrow....

be at the freaking doctors for what i know is a 2 minute check up at 9 freaking am in the morning. i have to leave my house ay 815. i cannot sleep at night so i probably will just stay up all night....then get my 4 year old ready cause he has to go with me. oh tomorrow is going to be hell. oh ya, then come home and study more for my first of 2 anatomy finals this week....first one on tuesday. ya, this is the week from hell on top of how i am feeling/not sleeping/hormones.

and its like i don't want PITY i just want people to understand. thank goodness for you ladies on here.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 9th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Veteran
Fwiw.... Ambien is safe at this stage in the game and for me it only takes a low dose for me. Sleep is NOT OVERRATED and can restore your sanity. Ask for some. My ob has no prob using it the last few weeks....

December 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear other ladies are in the same boat. I am pretty miserable to be around most of the time and I think my sad mood is mostly because I'm exhausted from the physical side effects of pregnancy. I dread going to bed at night because I know I will significantly hurt from the hip/pelvic pressure plus the acid reflux plus the frequent urination. During the day I still have issues and it's hard to explain that yes I know there is an end in sight but it's really wearing on me. I'm trying to keep a good mood because I love my Vivi and can't wait to meet her and feel almost guilty
For feeling so bloody miserable.

December 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right there with ya! It sucks for sure. I find myself yelling a lot more than usual. Sometimes it's necessary and sometimes it's just me being a brat! I'm trying my hardest not to get onto the kids as much but it's just so darn hard. It doesn't help that we are working on rules and listening....not a good idea when you are 8 months pregnant to 'lay down the law' but it's much needed!!!

Here's to hoping we all get back to 'normal' very quickly!

December 9th, 2012, 11:47 PM
AHHHH! I hate it for you ladies, but I like knowing that I'm not alone! Nikki, I have an appointment at 9 on Tuesday, and if I weren't getting my strep B test and getting a cervix check, I'd cancel or move it. I have another at 8 am the next week, taking DS2 (like I do to all the appointments), and the doctor will be on call. I'm already pissy about that one. HAHAHA

I've tried Ambien before. It doesn't work. I'm one of the lucky 2% for whom most meds don't work. The times when they DO work, I need extra rounds. I have the "redhead gene", too, which means extra anesthesia is always required. The pain pills they prescribe for me don't usually work very well, but if I take them and take a hot bath, it at least takes the edge off. Maybe. We'll hope. I guess I'll just worry about sleep when I can get it! If we didn't have a ton of errands tomorrow, I'd totally be bribing DH with some sort of putting out to let me sleep in the morning. Hehehehe

December 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
@ iamkc...

I work in the ER on midnights and there are a LOT of nurses that take melatonin. With it being an all natural drug there hasn't been any official testing on pregnant women...or much testing at all so of course it's going to say that it's not 'safe' to take it. But most drs that I have talked to say that 3-5mf of melatonin/day is just fine.

The FDA doesn't have to test natuarl alternatives so of course there's not much info out there about this kind of stuff. They do, however, test any sort of over the counter drug or prescription drug...because they want you to buy it so they can make money! LOL Anyhoo...that said, if you aren't comfortable taking melatonin you could try Tylenol PM. The Benadryl in it is what makes you sleepy and since it's okay to take Benadryl (the regular kind) it's okay to take the Tylenol PM.

I'm in the middle of doing surgery admits at work but wanted to reply before it got too late...so I hope this makes sense!!

December 10th, 2012, 10:28 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I am so glad I'm not alone. Every day it gets worse. Yesterday, I blew up at DH (VERY unlike me) about something really, really stupid. Then I started bawling because I yelled. Then I started laughing because I yelled, then cried about it.

He just skulks back into his chair and is quiet

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search