tuna fish???

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Veteran
I've been craving tuna fish this entire pregnancy, although I have been limiting myself to a tunafish sandwich only once or twice a month. I had a tunafish sandwich last night from subway, and then started feeling guilty about it and went to google (terrible idea). Now i'm freaking out b/c of a bunch of articles I read linking mercury and autism. I've been swamped with guilt since eating that darn sandwich, but I hope i'm over reacting. Anyone else been indulging occasionally with tuna fish? or have healthy babies from past pregnancies where they consumed tuna fish ?

darn you tuna fish for being so tempting and delicious.
December 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Tuna fish is one of my favorite foods, and I used to eat it about 3x a week for lunch before being pg. Now, I have it about once every month or two, and honestly, most of the tuna they use at places like Subway and the like are fine in moderation. It's the "good" quality stuff you have to really worry about. The canned light tuna is lower in mercury, and is safe in moderation.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 11th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're fine, don't worry about it. One tuna fish sandwich will not give your baby autism. I have tuna casserole every once in awhile while pregnant. I accidently ate swordfish while I was 14 weeks pregnant not knowing it was one of the big no no's that has a high amount of mercury in it. I'm sure your baby is fine.

December 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Expecting #1
My doctor said tuna was fine in moderation, i.e. two servings per week is perfectly okay.

December 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
My dr said tuna once a month is ok. I have had tuna twice during this pregancy with the last time being about 1 month ago so I will wait until baby is born before having it again. Tuna is yummy!! Once a month is fine though.......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
December 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
you and your baby are fine, especially since you definitely didnt get albacore at Subway. and actually...i think i might go make a tuna melt for lunch! yum!

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
December 11th, 2012, 01:25 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had tunafish cravings as well. Honestly having a sandwich or two a month isn't going to hurt you. Heck, my doctor even said if you have sushi in limited amounts (real limited) that you're ok. I've had a few rolls during my pregnancy and when there is raw tuna, I take a lot of it off and just have a bit. Moderation moderation moderation, but go have a dang sandwich

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 11th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I eat tuna about once a week..my doc said to try to limit to one can a week. I wouldn't worry about autism.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search