Checking in with everyone...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamiesquared

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Pregnant with #2
How is everyone doing? I am trying to catch up on as much as I can I want cliff notes though hah.

I ended up being diagnosed with costochronditis due to the level of coughing I had with the pneumonia. To sum it up, it means I have inflammation between my ribs within the cartilage. It hurts if I breathe in too deep, laugh, coughing or sneezing kills me, and lifting certain things up also hurts. I cannnot lay flat, I cant lean back...I am miserable. They equate the sharp pains with heart attack pain. The only thing that can hep is rest (hard with a 2 yr old), anti-inflammatories (you cant take any during pregnancy) and my growing uterus is pushing on my rib cage more and more each day so that isnt helping. At this point I am scared I will end up with a csection because I cannot imagine pushing or breathing heavily during the labor. I have an appt Monday as well as an US and I cannot wait to ask for more information. It really sucks

December 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Veteran
Wow. Sorry you are going thru all that. Hopefully you will find some relief. Take care the end is near!

Mom to Ryan (11) and Ashley (4)
Expecting #3 January 9/2013

December 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ouch, that doesn't sound pleasant. I hope you get a quick recovery.

Update on me: I am full term and only a fingertip dialated, so, basically nothings going on yet.

December 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, that sounds absolutely terrible I am so sorry you're dealing with that. I hope they have some answers for you at your appt. I'm glad to hear from you though, I just hope you get to feeling a little better before it's baby time!

December 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that sounds just awful, I really hope you find some sort of relief soon! There has to be something else they can do for you!

As for me, Parker is still measuring very small and we have a growth scan tomorrow that might be able to tell us if I'll be induced soon or if we'll be pushing it out a few more weeks. I'm nervous and kind of want him out so he can get his nutrition, but I know he still needs to bake too.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

December 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh man i had that with DS and it was AWFUL. As im sure you know by now the pain is terrible. Im so sorry you have to deal with it

December 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awh man that sounds or awful ! I am curious to see what your Dr. Says I hope they can help you! kUP I'm sorry you are feeling yucky!

December 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Pregnant with #2
Good luck tomorrow LilHerndon!

MaryBeth- My hubby has been gone during the week so I am just exhausted by the time my son goes to bed so I havent been online at night as much. I also got a giant project dumped on me at work which is keeping me insanely busy and working later than normal. After Friday I do not go back to work until 1/2 so I am hoping to have some free time at home to post more I plan to do NOTHING next week as my son is still going to daycare and my plan is to sit and watch TV, nap, eat and feel like a slug (well not really) lol.

nursingmama- Did you have it later in pregnancy? How did you deliver?
Jay Chrysalis likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, no! It's miserable even when you're not pregnant! I had it with DS1, and I delivered naturally. I HAD to be allowed to walk around. Frankly, I almost forgot about it once I was actually in labor. I don't know if it was excitement, focusing on other pain, or just the birthing technique I was using, but it was almost not an issue. I did spend a lot of time in the shower in labor, letting the hot water hit my chest, too. Hahahahaha I remember DH focusing the sprayer on my back (lots of back labor), and me trying to explain, "NO! MY CHEST!" Hahaha

I hope that you feel better. Is anything helping at all?

December 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yikers! That sounds like NO fun. I hope you feel better soon, or find some relief from some of the yuckies!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 13th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Dee
That sounds terrible! Some time off sounds like just what you need, I'm glad you'll be getting it. I hope you can rest well.
December 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Pregnant with #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
Oh, no! It's miserable even when you're not pregnant! I had it with DS1, and I delivered naturally. I HAD to be allowed to walk around. Frankly, I almost forgot about it once I was actually in labor. I don't know if it was excitement, focusing on other pain, or just the birthing technique I was using, but it was almost not an issue. I did spend a lot of time in the shower in labor, letting the hot water hit my chest, too. Hahahahaha I remember DH focusing the sprayer on my back (lots of back labor), and me trying to explain, "NO! MY CHEST!" Hahaha

I hope that you feel better. Is anything helping at all?
Well that makes me feel a little bit better though...I would HATE to have a csection because of this I actually LOVED the hot shower with my son, I stayed in there sitting on the chair letting the water run off my belly for so long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search