Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Baby

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What do you plan to do if you are in the hospital Christmas Eve or Christmas Day to celebrate with your older children?

Will you take the gifts to the hospital and continue celebrating like normal, make the kids wait until you are home for you all to celebrate together or maybe let them open a gift or two at home wiht Daddy but save the majority until you get home?

I think about this every day and really hope BB doesn't come on these days because I don't want to make this choice. I don't even know if my kids will be in town or over a hour away when I am in the hospital. It all depends on the day I go in labor and who is available to watch them. If it's my mom, they will be out of town. If it's my MIL, she will watch them at our house, but there are days that my mom and MIL can't keep them so it's a toss up who they will be with.

December 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
DH and I were talking about this last night. I think that we would let DH get up with them and do Santa at home, then maybe bring some other gifts to the hospital. OR we would fudge it and do it the day after Christmas. I KNOW! I KNOW! That sounds terrible, but we're weighing all our options right now. I'm just crossing everything that she either comes a good week before, or waits until Christmas evening!

December 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No way am I missing out on seeing my kids on Christmas morning! I guess we'd just have to wait a couple of days for it. I don't think the kids would mind TOO much.

December 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Given that I don't have other kids, I can't really comment, and honestly, I am really hoping I would be in the hospital. If, in fact, I am, my mom, dad, brother, SIL and niece/goddaughter will ALL be in town, so it would be an added bonus for them!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm very afraid of this possibility...I don't know what we'll do honestly. My dr. will also be off those two days so that's another bad thing about it!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a huge deal for us, since I will just be upstairs!

If we were going to the hospital, we would probably delay it by a day or two. The best Christmas present of all (little baby Bean) would already be there, so I think it would be okay to wait for a bit.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
We would just wait til we came home. We had planned if that happened to have DS come up and spend the day with us at the hospital but not open presents until we came home. Now since he can't come up there we'll just wait.

I am really afraid of this, I do not want to miss Christmas with Sawyer. We get up early for Christmas so I can go into labor that morning or whatever as long as I don't have to head for the hospital until atleast 11am. After that he can come whenever lol
December 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a possibility since I know I will be in the hospital the weekend before Christmas. I think I would let the kids open their stuff Christmas morning and have Shawn record it. Then they could come up and see me and River.

December 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope this is not the case for us.. I am a FTM and not due until Jan 15th so that would be an early surprise for us... but still would like to enjoy the holiday without being in the hospital! Not to mention I have feared ever since I found out I was pregnant that the baby would be born too close to the holidays! I am hoping for an extra 5 days or so after his due date.. although im sure I will be ready to get him out by that time!

December 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Super Mommy
I would be so upset! I don't care if it happens later in the day but I don't want to miss Christmas morning.
December 14th, 2012, 06:10 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it'd be a big deal. Jordin's 4 years old and Dominic just turned 16 months. They wouldn't know any different if Christmas wasn't held on Dec. 25th. However, I'd probably be overly emotional and cry while being away from them on the holiday.

December 14th, 2012, 07:39 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it happened to us, Sean is young enough that he wouldn't know the difference if we did it on a different day. (22 months) However, I'm not due until the end of Jan, so there is very little chance of it happening

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search