Some people...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 3 Post By Briar08
  • 2 Post By kbpeanut
  • 2 Post By Angel.Eyes4351
  • 2 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By .Nikki.
  • 1 Post By iamkc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok not some just one in particular.... my MIL..

I know this is just me being annoyed but still..here goes...

So she texts me today and tells me sorry for not inviting me to the "girls Disneyland" (my MIL, 2SIL's and neice) trip yesterday, but she figured I wouldn't be able to go on any rides and walking might be a bit much... (totally understandable and wasn't wanting an invite anyway)

So I text her back and said yeah there wasn't any way I could have gone at this point anyway. I said I was too far along to be doing long extended walks and would have been miserable anyway but thanks for the invite. Then I told her that is was kind of nice that I had been "resting" a lot this week anyway due to my car being worked on and that I was always so tired anyway that it was nice to just lie around.

She said "have you asked your doctor why you're so tired".. ??

I was just trying to be nice in the first place and make conversation but now she is really going to question why I am tired while being pregnant? Really? I know i shouldn't have been annoyed but I was..

So I answered with "yeah it's normal "probably from carrying around a 5-6lb baby" kinda being sarcastic but really not..

Then she asked "have you been taking vitamins..you know that those babies deplete you of nutrients". (no really??)

Then she went on to say that my DH her son was 9lbs and she wasn't that tired ...blah blah blah.. but she was 24 then too and she would still dance and cook and clean and all these other things ..(good for you..) and that maybe my baby is actually bigger than I think and maybe that is why im tired.. Grrrr really?

Sooo just trying to vent to you guys first so I don't blow up at her instead I have had a very, VERY, easy pregnancy and just don't think it is wrong to be "tired" ..or need a reason to be tired this late in the game. GEEZ!!

I still haven't responded ..I need to come up with something good in order to "stop" the texting back and forth.. how about ..."im pregnant and being tired is just a symptom...now leave me alone" haha

December 13th, 2012, 04:59 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
1. Every pregnancy is different. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
2. Every person is different.

Those should be enough, but I doubt it. Ugh.

With DS1, I was sick all the way through, and I had sciatica toward the end, but overall, I felt great. I hiked, climbed rocks, and more. DS1 was 9 lbs 9 ozs. When DS1 was 11 months old, I got pregnant with DS2. I wasn't as sick, and I thought that was great! But then I developed all sorts of other complications. By the end, I was EXHAUSTED. DS2 was only 4 lbs 13 oz at 41 weeks. The exhaustion wasn't from chasing around a kid and being pregnant. I just felt different throughout the whole thing. With this one, I'm a few years older, but I don't think that that has SO much to do with it. I've been sick again since the beginning. I have SPD and irritable uterus. But in general, I just feel so tired ALL THE TIME! Even when I get plenty of "rest" and don't have to do all that much. Babies suck you dry, man!

Each pregnancy has been very different for me. I imagine that many women feel the same. If you had another baby in 10 years, you may have more energy throughout the entire pregnancy than you have right now. You just never know.

Your MIL can shut it.

I might be cranky. Hehehehehehe
Hoping4bby likes this.

December 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
seriously? She is asking a 9 month pregnant person why they are tired????

Ugh.
MelibearMom, Hoping4bby and Mamayo like this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

I'm not really laughing, but the blatant ignorance of some people has to make me laugh.

Tell her to go suck a lemon.
Hoping4bby and Mamayo like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I told her...yeah every pregnancy was different...BUT the thing is that I wasn't even complaining. I don't think I have any right to complain because I haven't had any "problems" or really anything negative that has happened I just didn't think it something for her to go on and on about..seriously I'm baking a baby in here I have the right to say I'm tired! I just responded and told her that this is a normal pregnancy symptom and that I get blood and urine tests don't often and everything is perfect! The end...haha

December 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"I'm building a human.... it's normal to be tired regardless of the baby's size. "

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 13th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok now she just text me and said she is glad everything has been going so smoothly and they will pray for a smooth delivery and labor (probably should have just said that in the first place) and if I need any help at all with cleaning the house or just anything just to let her know...lol... seems really nice but I would sooo rather my house be dirty ..haha ..not that it will be but there is a reason I have chose my step-mom to come and help when the baby is born and not my Mother or MIL lol ..I guess it's the offer that counts!

December 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a MIL to me.

December 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
anyone that says they are not / were not tired at this point in pregnancy is either a goddess or lying. I am sorry but it would have to be impossible to not be tired. it is freaking crazy how tired i am, and i don't blame you for not walking either. i get tired just thinking about walking to the bathroom. lol.
Hoping4bby likes this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 13th, 2012, 07:47 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'm considering putting towels and chuck pads everywhere so I don't even have to get up to go to the bathroom. Between exhaustion and pain? HA!

My sister reminded me of an incident when someone asked why I was so tired and hungry and sick all the time (when I was a week from my due date). "It must be the 9 lb parasite I have in me." They didn't get it immediately, but that seemed to paint the picture that they needed. HAHAHAHA
Hoping4bby likes this.

December 14th, 2012, 09:23 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I'm SURE she's remembering her pregnancy completely accurately from 20+ years ago!

Though, offering to help clean was nice of her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search