BTDT Mamas: Bloody Show?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: BTDT Moms: How soon after you saw your 'bloody show" were you in labor?
Same Day 7 58.33%
Next Day 0 0%
Within 72 Hours 1 8.33%
A Week 2 16.67%
More Than A Week 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm wondering if what I had last night was bloody show. It was like fertile CM with a streak of bright red blood in it. We all know what started a few hours after that (contraction city, baby)! My mom said that she always had her babies within 3 days of having bloody show.

I never had bloody show with my second, and I honestly don't remember seeing any with my first either.

For you BTDT moms, what did your blood show look like? Also, how soon after that were you in labor?

P.S. For you moms with multiple experiences with this, you can pick more than one answer in the poll. Thanks!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by Lucky Mama; December 13th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
December 13th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I said same day because I only had it once I was actually IN active labor! Good luck!

December 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I was having preterm labor when I lost mine. It looked like a big ball of snot streaked with brown blood. It was more gelatinous than normal fertile CM IMO.

With my second I was already at the hospital and in active labor... I don't remember seeing a whole plug, just remember bleeding some.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I didn't do the poll because with my first, I had already been in active labor for hours and hours before I started having bloody SHOW. I had lost at least a large part of my mucus plug weeks before, but nothing happened then. With DS2, I never had it.

I'm no help at all. :/

December 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.Eyes4351 View Post
With my first I was having preterm labor when I lost mine. It looked like a big ball of snot streaked with brown blood. It was more gelatinous than normal fertile CM IMO.

With my second I was already at the hospital and in active labor... I don't remember seeing a whole plug, just remember bleeding some.
So, now this is going to sound dumb, but are bloody show and mucus plug different? Because what I had last night didn't much resemble a mucus plug, just thick, stringy mucus with blood in it.

I lost my plug with my first a week or so before labor and it was like you described: thick, globby stuff. Eeew! I always thought bloody show was bleeding or blood tinged mucus, from capillaries in the cervix being irritated or breaking as it dilates.

Are they actually the same thing? You know lots of stuff like that...

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 13th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Veteran
I think that they are the same thing, mucus mixed with blood. It seems like maybe you're just startingtolose the plug.. With both my labors it was, water breaks, lose mucus plug, go to the hospital and get pitocin,lol..
December 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I always assumed bloody show and mucus plug were the same thing but i'm not sure?

I lost mine at 34-36wks with DS (i'm pretty sure it was the first part of Nov which would've been more like 34-35wks) and it was white/clear CM & globby like with a pinkish tint. After that I started dilating slowly and never noticed losing it again (some people say it can regrow?) but I didn't have DS until 40wks so it was 4-6wks after I lost mine.

I have yet to lose it with this one but I know every pregnancy is different
December 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I started having bloody show I was pretty dilated I think 4 or 5 cm. I was into my labors when I saw anything.

December 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost mine the same day, but my placenta had also ruptured.

December 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Veteran
Different things...

What you girls are describing is typical mucus plug. It can be one big blob, slimy little chunks, mucus only when u wipe, with or without blood.... You get the picture.... Lots and lots of variations.

In the medical world.... We look for a real show. Big swipe of blood or lots of blood in the plug. By definition it can be less but until we see more than a few drops we aren't concern at all. Some ppl never even notice theirs but when you are checked, the dr may have it all on the gloves.....

December 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I never had bloody show or lost my mucous plug in either pregnancy. At least not that I ever noticed. But it sounds like it would be pretty noticeable!!
December 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bloody show and mucus plug are different but some people have them at the same time. I lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks (brown tinged). and then the morning my water broke (39.5 wks) I had bloody show and it was actual blood, not mucus and it happened the same time I started leaking amniotic fluid.

December 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never lost my plug, had bloody show, AND my water didn't break on it's own. I missed all the 'fun' stuff!

December 14th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Pregnant with #2
I started losing pieces of my mucous plug around 38 weeks. I was induced at 39 weeks exactly so I never actually had any bloody show or streaks etc.

December 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I lost my mucus plug with my first at 37 weeks and she was born at 40 weeks +1 day. I lost it during labor at 39 weeks with my second.

I didn't have bloody show with either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search