Incomprehensible...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really can't even bring myself to read about this right now. My heart breaks just thinking about all those poor innocent kids and their poor families. Many prayers go out for all those involved. I don't know how someone can be so disturbed to do something this terrible. Makes me sick.

December 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm always so scared when letting my kids go out into the world without me. And this is why. People laugh at me because I am sooo paranoid but look at the horror of this world. Ugh. I just keep thinking about my son because he is 5 and I can't imagine him being in a situation like that, knowing I wasn't there to protect him. Ugh. Yeah, this is too much for a pregnant mama. But at least I can sit here and say that, and turn off the news; my heart just absolutely breaks for the mamas and daddies who won't have their babies home with them ever again after today.

December 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
I'm always so scared when letting my kids go out into the world without me. And this is why. People laugh at me because I am sooo paranoid but look at the horror of this world. Ugh. I just keep thinking about my son because he is 5 and I can't imagine him being in a situation like that, knowing I wasn't there to protect him. Ugh. Yeah, this is too much for a pregnant mama. But at least I can sit here and say that, and turn off the news; my heart just absolutely breaks for the mamas and daddies who won't have their babies home with them ever again after today.
I can completely relate with being paranoid. In today's society you almost have to. be I still call at least once a day and check on Madison at school. I second guess myself everytime I drop her off if she is in her room, if someone saw her..if she is ok. I can't imagine not having my child come home to me. What also weighs on my mind is the fact that all those other little ones that saw what happened or were around, this affects them too. It really is disturbing.

December 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was watching the news when this first happened, and the only reports at that point were that the principal had been shot and was in critical condition. i turned off the news at THAT point, and didn't put it back on until my father called around 3 and said that 20 children were dead. ...i was stunned, because early reports had said nothing of any casualties at all, let alone children.

...did you ladies see the president speak? he's a grown man, the president of the united states, and had to keep pausing to collect himself. it was insane watching him wipe tears from his eyes as he talked about how those little ones were murdered. *shudder* all flags in front of government buildings in dc, including the white house, have been ordered to fly at half mast.

this is such an incredible tragedy. these kids were kindergarten to fourth grade... 5 to 10 years old. i couldn't imagine having seen something like this happening around me at *any* age, let alone while being that young. reports are saying teachers instructed their students to hold hands and keep their eyes closed as they evacuated the building so they wouldn't need to see any more of the aftermath.

and they keep showing interviews of the students telling reporters in their little squeaky, lispy voices how their teachers had them hide from the bad man with the guns. ...i've been sitting here crying, but i can't turn off the news.

the only things we can hope for now are peace for those children, their families, that community... and that this will be the event that finally gets things to change.

December 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDYLL22 View Post
I can completely relate with being paranoid. In today's society you almost have to. be I still call at least once a day and check on Madison at school. I second guess myself everytime I drop her off if she is in her room, if someone saw her..if she is ok.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. We do homeschool so my kids really aren't away from me very often, but when they are it is so difficult. We take them to church events and they really love Awana's, and it was SO hard for me to leave my 3-year old there this year (she was too young last year). I just always think how easy it would be for some insane person to come massacre a whole room full of them, or for someone to lure one of my kids away. It's just terrifying.

My heart is really heavy for the state of this world. There's just so much badness out there.

December 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I turned the news on before I went to work and saw the news about the shooting. Jordin asked if we could turn the "kid channel" on. I hugged her so tight and kissed her a bunch. You just never know what's going ot happen anymore in life. It is a scary world.

December 15th, 2012, 06:10 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have cable tv so I've missed out on all the videos but thanks to fb I've been updated constantly. I have no words for this whole situation. When I think about it I become numb. Still in shock but at the same time it's almost not shocking considering the way of the world these days :-(

I'm just numb. Those poor families. All the unopened Christmas gifts, the effect it will have on the other children who watched their classmates die. Oh, my heart.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search