Updating from hospital: can't catch a break! UPDATE 2

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2012, 06:41 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been able to get on some WiFi to update ya'll. I'm still in the hospital because on top of the infection in the uterus, I seem to have caught the stomach flu. I have had diarrhea for over 48 hours now and cant rehydrate fast enough to keep up with what I'm losing.So I am tethered to an iv and cannot see the baby or Tori for obvious reasons.

to make matters worse, yesterday DH began showing symptoms, so he dropped the baby off at my in-laws so he could go home and rest. But a few hours later he was vomiting so badly that the doctor recommended that he go to the ER to get hydrated. So after a horrible episode of vomiting and diarrhea in the ER, they admitted him last night too!

My parents have Tori and his parents have the baby. I can't even tell you how heartbroken I am. I need to be home with my newborn and bonding, and taking care of my husband, and doing fun Christmas stuff with my little girl. It's sucks so much that I already have the baby blues, but since I had a D&C I'm back in the maternity/womens ward and I hear newborns crying and I just ache inside! I'm so glad that the kids are ok and in good hands but I feel like the most useless mom in the world right now.

thanks for letting me have a pity party. I will hopefully get to go home today, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to take both the kids or either of them if I'm contagious. I'm such a mess!

__________________________________________________ ____
Update:

Update: Well, it gets worse. my mom called this morning and said Tori was throwing up all night. she is taking her to the pediatricians office this morning. I will be released after lunch today and I will be able to take care of Tori at least. But if Eli doesn't present symptoms within 24 hours I have to wait to see him. this is awful...

Last edited by swaddlestar; December 15th, 2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: update
December 15th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! That is terrible! I'm so so sorry. Praying for a swift recovery for you and DH so you can get home with your kids. I'm happy you have in laws that can help you! I don't know what would happen if I were in your shoes!

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 15th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

You are not a terrible mom. You are doing what is best to get yourself better so you can take kid of your kiddos and not get them sick. I will be praying for you that you recover fast and can get home to your kids.

December 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this all right now. I'm glad you have family to help out. Try your best to rest and get better I really hope you and your DH get better quickly and you can get back to being a happy, healthy family before Christmas.
December 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, how awful! Your kiddos are in good hands, try not to worry too much and make sure to get some rest while you're there and being taken care of yourself. Hoping for a speedy recovery for both of you!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

December 15th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh Karen, bless your heart You are having a terrible time. I hope you get well super fast so you can be home with your babies. I'm so glad you do have people to help care for them, but I know you want to be with them. Hugs, mama.

December 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no!

I hope you all feel better very soon!

And please don't feel like a bad mommy, you're doing what you have to to get yourself and your family better! I hope this passes super quick for you all!

December 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Oh no honey! I am so sorry!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy outrageous! I am so sorry you are going through this all at once. I really ache for you that you have to be away from your babies like this!

I pray that Eli doesn't get the illness, but since he's been with a different set of grandparents, hopefully that "quarentened" him enough. But poor Tori!

Hopefully it is just a nasty bug that passes fairly quickly so everyone can get healthy in time for Christmas! Feel better!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Veteran
Oh no! I know this feeling...I was readmitted into the hospital with an infection after my first and my lil' one had to stay home and ended up getting an nasty clogged tear duct while I was in the hospital. It was a nightmare......I remember feeling so sad to not be home! ..... But knew I was in the place to get healthy to be able to take care of my baby! Hang in there, mama! Xoxoxo
December 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm starting to hate that flu bug going around! I wish you all a speedy recovery!

December 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!!! I am so sorry. That has to be heartbreaking.

At least you should all be home for Christmas tho.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 15th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Oh gosh! I'm sooo sorry! I hope you all feel better very soon!

Its bad enough to be sick but not getting to see your DD plus your newest baby, I can imagine how hard that must be!

:hugs:
December 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Expecting #1
I am so sorry! Hopefully the bug passes quickly!!

December 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Veteran
Ahhhhhh! So awful! I'm sorry you are having to go through this!! Keep your chin up, hopefully this will all pass and will all be back together for Christmas and you won't have to worry about getting this for the rest of the winter! *hugs*
December 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
Oh no!!! rotten luck, I hope you all feel better soon!

[IMG][/IMG]
December 15th, 2012, 12:58 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg you poor thing!!!! How awful!!! I'm so sorry!!!! I hope and pray you all get well very quickly and baby doesn't get sick!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry Karen that you and your family are going through this. I am thinking of you guys and hope your little man stays well and you are able to get home and take care of your little girl!!! Hope everyone feels better very soon!

December 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Omg, this broke my heart. I can't imagine how awful that must be! I hope you get better pronto & can go home to your babies!
December 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww. Sorry things are going so cruddy for you right now. Hope you are all healthy soon!
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search