Yoga ball

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By cutebee
  • 1 Post By mel_xoxo
  • 1 Post By Jules_loves_beaches
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By windywoodsmama
  • 1 Post By A.Sue8
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By d_tops

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
So I keep hearing about bouncing on the yoga ball to help baby move down and also some women state it made them go into labor. I dont really want to go into labor for another week or so but I wouldnt mind helping LO along the way.

WHen are you supposed to start bouncing on the ball???

December 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
You can really do it anytime. Bouncing or even just sitting/swaying on the ball doesn't mean it will necessarily help you go into labor, but it can certainly help you feel more comfortable, even before.

I have one at home that I sit on from time to time to help ease the pain in my pelvis.

For helping move baby down, sitting on the ball, with your legs spread a bit wider, and swaying back and forth will help open up the pelvis and allow the baby to move down a bit when ready!
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 17th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been using one for about two weeks now. Not every day but pretty often. It makes my pelvis feel better but at the same time makes it ache like his head is moving or something.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
cutebee's Avatar Veteran
I just got one and the swaying on it makes me feel sooo much better. My doula mentioned the same thing about bouncing on it but I haven't tried that yet!!
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

[IMG][/IMG]
December 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Veteran
i bought one, baby dropped within 2 days of bouncing ( 15 mins each day )
I usually spend 15 - 30 mins a day on it now, helps my lower back pain but get a lot of braxton hicks after
Lil_Mama2B likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Expecting #1
Good to know! I am going to start sitting on the yoga ball tomorrow!!
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it definitley helps with pain! One thing my midwife told me, if you're taller, make sure you're using a larger ball. You apparently don't want your knees to be above your pelvis as you sit on it. I can't remember exactly why though.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Super Mommy
Totally agree with kbpeanut - sitting on one helps so much with pelvic aches.

The ball makes you sit in a way that encourages baby to take a good position (otherwise you roll off lol) which can help labor go more smoothly <3

I haven't been bouncing around on mine b/c I want LO to stay nice where he/she is but I can see where that could help the baby settle down into the pelvis. Walking stairs really helps with that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellejello View Post
it definitley helps with pain! One thing my midwife told me, if you're taller, make sure you're using a larger ball. You apparently don't want your knees to be above your pelvis as you sit on it. I can't remember exactly why though.
I think it's because keeping knees above your pelvis narrows the front of your pelvis (crossing your legs does too) and that encourages your baby to be posterior. I could be remembering wrong though. I'm a shortie so I have a shortie little ball hehe.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.
December 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenburgess View Post
I think it's because keeping knees above your pelvis narrows the front of your pelvis (crossing your legs does too) and that encourages your baby to be posterior. I could be remembering wrong though. I'm a shortie so I have a shortie little ball hehe.
Yep, that sounds like the reason she gave! She thinks it could be part of the reason my son was posterior and I had all the back labor!

December 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was having no pregnancy discomforts at all until I sat on my flipping yoga ball. I sat with a wide stance and rolled in circles for an hour and then I couldn't walk for 2 days. now i'm scared of the yoga ball lol.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 05:04 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Hmmm maybe you over did it by being on it too long? I love sitting on mine and rotating my hips in a figure eight. It releases the pain a lot. I've been looking for a second ball to keep at work since I'm at a desk all day long and get uncomfortable.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Veteran
It felt like I've been riding on a horse the first time I used it, may be there is to much air in the ball?
December 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Dee
Sitting on mine has helped relieve the pressure on my back. I don't bounce on it, but rolling back and forth is soothing. And just sitting on it encourages me to sit up straighter, which doesn't hurt! I do have to reinflate, though, because I have a big one but my knees are still above my pelvis. Not good.
Lil_Mama2B likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Wow I never thought of the swaying, or doing the figure eights I will try that today!
I sat on it for like 30 min bouncing off and on last night and boy do my hips and lady bits hurt!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search