The date is set!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I had more doc appointments today and Parker is looking the same as last week, which is very good news since we aren't quite ready to head to labor and delivery yet. But we were able to definitively schedule our induction date! December 29th at 6pm I go in the labor and delivery to start the cervidil that night and pitocin the next morning! I can't believe it's only 12 days away! I feel so unprepared yet anxious and nervous and terrified of the pain of the induction! I figure the next 12 days will go super slow even with the holiday, but then when the day is here I'll feel like time has flown by lol. We will definitely be in the hospital for New Years, but at least we get our little guy to ring it in with.

Anyone been induced before and have any tips to help me get through?
Hoping4bby and razzlebaby27 like this.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
December 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhh that is super exciting! I'd say the only positive to help you get through 12 days is that you have a lot of holiday to get through plus its more time for the little guys lungs to develop. So excited for you

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wow, very exciting! I can appreciate how nervous/anxious, etc you must feel...I am a FTM with no experiences to share, so I would feel like you. Hopefully with the holidays right around the corner, time will fly by! x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, from my experience I would say don't have any expectations. Some say ftm have longer labors, induced labor are that much longer, the pitocin induced contractions are crazy painful.....I can't say any of those things. I didn't have to have the Cervadil, just pitocin then they broke my water. I just say relax now knowing you have a plan and enjoy it!!

December 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that Parker will be here so you can snuggle on him and make sure he is ok. I have been induced three times and the only thing I can think of that I am changing this time is not to have them break my water until I get an epidural. Contractions with Pitocin can be intense but since I have never had natural labor I do not know any different and it builds up it doesn't just hit you with major pain right away. The intensity of the contractions really ramps up with the breaking of the water. This is all just from my experience anyway. The cervidil will also cause you to contract so if they offer you some sleeping meds (safe for the baby) I would take them. Inductions can sometimes be long and you need lots of rest..

December 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Exciting! Hopefully the next 12days will go by fast for you!

I've never been induced but my sister has with both her pregnancies and the first labor was 8hrs long and the second labor was only 5 or 6hrs long. Both she just went in the morning of and started pit then they broke her water. With my neice (2nd pregnancy) she was 5cm and they broke her water, 30min later she had her without! the dr lol. I know thats not much help but wanted to tell you that since alot of people say induced labors are alot longer, ect.

Oh and also she did both births drug free. Maybe her birth stories will give you some calmness that it'll be an easy labor

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; December 17th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
December 17th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies, I do like hearing the stories of induced births, even if they are talking about how they are longer lol. I'm a very realistic person so I want to go in there with no real expectations, but I do like to know the number of ways it could turn out. I will be getting the epidural, but I haven't decided if I want it before the pitocin or during the pitocin before they break my water. It will all depend on how I'm feeling pain-wise. I'm hoping I can get some sleep that Saturday night with the Cervidil in, so I won't be shy in taking a sleep med if they offer it I guess lol. It's good to know that it's not just instantaneous pain but building pain, I do much better with that. I do have a lot of BH contractions, but I doubt I will be dilated at all by the time I'm induced, so I won't be counting on that. Trying my best to be open to whatever, but I think once Christmas is over the anxiety is going to kill me!
Lacey_619 likes this.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search