Oh what a morning! VENT!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By The only girl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To start off, let me tell you that I am probably one of the most clumbiest people ever. Im talking broken bones, sprained ankles, dislocated elbows, the works. However, I somehow lasted this long (36 weeks) without falling and I have been so proud of myself, til this morning!

I had my two crazy dogs in the house this morning while trying to give the kids breakfast before school. Since it was snowing, the dogs were super hyper so I told the kids, let me carry the bowls down to the dining room for you (its a sunken in dining room , just two stairs. So I am carrying one of the bowls and I swear I do not know what happened but my legs just like gave out from under me and down I went!! So Im sitting on the carpet with cereal and milk all over the carpet, walls, table, chairs, fireplace, and of course, myself, trying to figure out if baby is ok. That is all I cared about at that moment and luckily I landed on my butt/legs so I think he is ok. Then the mess weighed in and I started crying. Just because I knew it was going to be hell to get milk out of the carpet! Then of course my son was upset because it was the last of the cereal that he wanted, (cinamin toast crunch), and all I had left now was some fruitloops so Of course being the snippy pregnant mom, I offered him the cereal off the floor if he would like. lol He took the fruitloops after that lol.

The kids got to school late and now I am all kinds of sore.

Ugh...what a morning!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
December 18th, 2012, 08:29 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im sorry you fell I fell over the baby gate last week with a bowl of chili, wasnt able to catch myself and bruised up the entire left side of my body. Needless to say I was mostly upset that i had a huge chili mess to clean up
SaraSmiles likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw so sorry, what a crappy morning! Glad you and baby are ok though, that's all that matters.
SaraSmiles likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

December 18th, 2012, 09:11 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Oh no! So sorry you had a tumble and a resulting bad morning

As for the milk in the carpet, you should try Natures Miracle This is "meant" for pet stuff (which obviously since you have dogs won't hurt to have around), but honestly, the best use for it has been from my friends who have kids already for very specific situations. Milk. When kids have spilled bottles of milk (breast or regular or formula) in the car or on upholstery or carpet, they have ALL used this to get it out and there is no resulting smell!

I haven't tried it for said purposes, but it's come highly recommended to me...maybe give it a shot?

Feel better x
SaraSmiles likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 18th, 2012, 12:10 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Awww! That sucks! I feel for you, I do! I also had to giggle a little because of the reaction. Oh, THE MESS! I fell on the ice holding my kids' hands in the parking lot the other day. My first thought when I hit the ground (as people came running to help the whale of a pregnant woman), "I JUST washed these pants! UGH!" Hahahaha I've spilled plenty, too. Adding insult to injury, eh?

I hope that you're able to rest a little and get past the soreness.
SaraSmiles likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Veteran

I don't fall often (thank goodness) but I drop stuff..... Everywhere..... All time time!

So glad you and baby are ok and I am so feeling the level of despair at the mess that had to be cleaned
SaraSmiles likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to have all that Nature's Miracle line back when I was potty training the pups. Unfortunately, well...or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I havent bought it in awhile because they havent needed it. But I know it used to work wonders on their messes, so a little milk would have been a piece of cake for that stuff! I ended up just blotting it up with towels and then spraying a bunch of carpet freshener foam over it and that was that. LOL I really was not in the mood this morning. Hopefully that does the trick because honestly, after that tumble, I am in no mood to be bending over right now. My butt, back, and have been sore all day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search