Who else has had regular, consistent BH for hours? A little worried.

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know why I have to find things to worry about. It's an annoying habit of mine.

Anyway, I had what I'm calling BH (they were very uncomfortable with back pain and pressure, but they didn't really progress) every 4 minutes on the dot for 4-5 hours last night, starting about 3am. I finally got tired enough that I dozed through them but they kept waking me up. I sat up a few times thinking maybe they'd go away, but nothing I did changed them. Then this morning when I finally got up and started moving around, they did space out quite a lot although they're still there. I'm REALLY glad they spaced out, I don't want to have him yet. I'm not quite to 37 weeks yet and I don't know what the hospital's policy is regarding that.

Anyway though, what I'm worrying about is, it seems weird to me to have BH or contractions 4 mins apart with no progressing. Could this mean he's in a bad position or something else is wrong? Or is this just another variation of normal? I thought maybe if someone else had experienced this and then gone on to an uncomplicated birth I might feel a little better/reassured.

December 22nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had them in the hospital2-3 mins apart with no progressing. They said it could have been because I was dehydrated or that I let my bladder get too full (since I couldn't walk, I was going as long as I could possibly stand it). Once I peed and got an iv, they stopped.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have in both pregnancies. No complications in delivery with my daughter - she was my first and labor was 5.5 hours.

December 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had prolonged BH for hours at a time. However, this is my 6th birth so its more common the more babies you have had.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 22nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is what I had yesterday evening. Mine were 7-10 and some a bit closer. At first there was just tightening and then later, maybe because I had had so many I started cramping with them. I guess it is normal to some expect because our bodies are so close and needing to prepare.

December 22nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginger View Post
I had them in the hospital2-3 mins apart with no progressing. They said it could have been because I was dehydrated or that I let my bladder get too full (since I couldn't walk, I was going as long as I could possibly stand it). Once I peed and got an iv, they stopped.
I was thinking the same thing. Have they stopped or slowed down any?

December 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
FOR DAYS! Keep drinking lots and peeing lots, and change position when you're sitting/lying down to see if that helps. If they DO progress, it may be early labor, but what you're describing sounds like a variation of normal. Fun stuff, eh?

December 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh loads of fun! Haha! I'm glad to hear it's normal really, because a) I'm not quite ready for him to come and b) I was really worrying it meant that my body was trying to go into labor but couldn't progress right because of his position or something. I swear, the day I find nothing to worry about, will probably freak me out so much that I'll worry about not worrying.

They did space way out after I had been up for about an hour, but they're still there. I'll be interested to see how tonight goes. It's always possible that I'm not drinking enough because I really don't like water that much, but I did drink a bunch during the night and made sure I didn't have to pee, changed positions etc. and they kept coming, but I figured once I got up and moving they'd peter out some and they did. They do stop me in my tracks now though if I'm up and walking, so I guess things are moving along, just realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly slowly. That's ok, there's still 9 more days in Dec! lol!

December 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginger View Post
^ This exact same thing happened to me this time. I know it feels like you're drinking a bunch already but they told me I should honestly be drinking like a gallon a day. I told them I may as well live in the bathroom then!

I think you're probably fine, but if you get worried call. No harm in calling!

December 23rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like one big Braxton Hicks today!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search