Get good shoes

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By iamkc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I live in FL and flip flops are my staple. Of course I am in pain from bein so pregnant but I decided to use a gift card for my bday and a coupon to get Sperrys. Best. Decision. Ever. They are so flipping comfortable and do not go with the outfit I have for the baptism today but I don't care. They feel like heaven.

So basically I'm saying that you should totally get comfy shoes if you are like me and haven't yet. Also they will make pretty cool mom shoes post pregnancy

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
My SIL swore by her topsiders when she was pregnant! I just ordered some sanuks (since I also live in flips). My flips are all sanuk so thought the shoes would work too but not so much. I have a Nordy gift card and may just go invest in some topsiders myself....
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol, I think i've bought 5 pairs of new shoes, I have a shoe problem already as it is, but I normally love flats and my big boats don't fit into them at the moment and they just don't offer me the support I need so I went ortho shoe crazy

December 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought some black crocs yesterday! I'd gotten where I could only where my slide-on tennis shoes but my feet have apparently grown so my heels were scrubbing the back and they were eating my socks! I will be wearing black crocs from now until delivery! Toms and Bobs were very comfy but really didn't look that great with socks. The crocs had a little more support and height to them too.

I also got me a nightgown I could wear in the hospital from Kohls. It's so comfy. I can wear it now and afterwards.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom bought me two pair of skechers when I was first pregnant; before that I wore VERY uncomfortable (but really cute!) shoes everywhere. OMG I cannot believe the difference when wearing a good, comfortable pair of shoes. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Skecher's go-walks are SUPER comfy and cute and easy to slip on and they don't require socks - I definitely recommend them!

December 22nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
This lady is still wearing her heels everywhere. I've got a couple of comfy pairs of shoes, but I'm still comfortable in my heels.

December 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
This lady is still wearing her heels everywhere. I've got a couple of comfy pairs of shoes, but I'm still comfortable in my heels.
Me too! I got a pair of flats, but they are more uncomfortable than my heels.

December 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Oh heels! I can't walk in the things when I'm not pregnant...could you just imagine at 36 weeks! LOL I don't even know how to get the right size/fit and I worked in a shoe store for several years!!

I wear my Crocs (the ones with no holes) to work, my Toms for casual and my Vibram Five Fingers any other time. I'm loving my flat boots for church!!

December 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I want a pair of slip-on boots! I bought what was available in our town...from Walmart, and they're not very comfortable. Oh, well. All I had otherwise were flip-flops, and in the negative temps and several inches of snow and pregnant? Not working. I wear the bright Crocs when it's a little less snowy. They're the most comfortable. I had a pair of Keen flip-flops that were the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. I broke them from daily use (including hiking!), and nothing has been the same since. *sigh* I'm most comfortable barefoot right now. (And pregnant...and in the kitchen. Hahha)
MammaWannaBe likes this.

December 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I always enjoyed Hush Puppies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search