Unreliable-sorry

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By mal91011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I don't think that I'm catching up on everyone's posts very well. I'm just not having the best time ever. I'm sure that it will get better, but in the meantime, I'm in so much pain, I can't stand it. I'm trying to get things done for the holidays, but failing miserably. I'm trying to get the apartment in order, figure out money (thanks to DH's "surprise" vacation through work for holidays), and so on. I'm trying to smile for everyone, make sure that everyone thinks that I'm doing just fine (no one can really do much to help, anyway), and trying so hard not to complain about this last part of pregnancy. I don't want to seem ungrateful for her. I'm still over-the-moon excited about having her. It's just such a stressful time! EEK!

BUT I will try to get on here as much as I can. Of course, with holidays, I'll be out a bit, anyway, trying to squeeze in the last bit of time "alone" that we have with the kids. I'm sadder about that than I thought I would be! Again, I'm thrilled to add to our family and feel more complete, but it's sort of sad to think about it just being the 4 of us for only a little longer. Anyone else feeling that?

In the meantime, happy holidays to everyone who's celebrating something right now, and happy gestating to all!
Jay Chrysalis likes this.

December 23rd, 2012, 12:15 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Sorry you're having such a hard time. Thats what I love about our group - we don't have to fake it for each other. I by far complain the most here about how miserable I'm feeling than to anyone else. It's great because we're all in the same miserable body!

Enjoy your family time and happy holidays!

December 23rd, 2012, 12:48 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry you are having a hard time I know what you mean about feeling sad about the family dynamic changing. I am SO EXCITED for Felix to join our family but it makes me sad to think that it wont just be my husband, my son, and me anymore. We enjoy our son so much that it is hard to think that he wont be getting all our attention for much longer. I know it will only get better though Happy Holidays!

December 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Meg I pretty sure I take the cake for complaining the most lol

But yes it's nice to know we are in the same boat and Jess, you do have a hilarious sparkling personality, but don't be afraid to take a rest every once and awhile and let out a good ol ***** fest. That's what the boards are for and we've all done it and it feels good to let it out and almost all the time someone else is experiencing something similar

Enjoy your family time and the holidays

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 23rd, 2012, 04:20 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe! Really hoping you get some rest and relief... As well as everything done that u want. Hug!

December 23rd, 2012, 05:18 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Merry Christmas to you! Hope you get to enjoy the time with your family without all the pain.

December 23rd, 2012, 05:41 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Mere I ment I complain more to you ladies than I do to people IRL. They all think I'm Superwoman.

But complain away , this stuff sucks!!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

December 23rd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh geez, are you kidding me!? You've had such an awesome attitude this whole time, I don't know how you do it. Complain away if you need to, we are all miserable right along with you. Try not to overdo it for the holiday - get some rest when you can and you're right, enjoy these last few days with your family. I got a little choked up when I read that part of your post, because I remember how I felt when my daughter was born - like, omg what have I done to my son!? I'm sure I'll have some of that this time too. We all fit into our spaces in this family so well, I wonder what a third is going to do to that. And it's so easy to go places with my kids right now. They can buckle themselves into their carseats and nobody needs to be carried or strolled around, etc. No need to stop for diaper changes or because someone needs a boob, NOW. EEK. Ok, I'm probably not helping, LOL, but I just wanted to say I totally get that part.

Hugs to you . . you are a trooper and these last few weeks will be behind you soon.

December 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
I got a little choked up when I read that part of your post, because I remember how I felt when my daughter was born - like, omg what have I done to my son!? I'm sure I'll have some of that this time too. We all fit into our spaces in this family so well, I wonder what a third is going to do to that. And it's so easy to go places with my kids right now. They can buckle themselves into their carseats and nobody needs to be carried or strolled around, etc. No need to stop for diaper changes or because someone needs a boob, NOW. EEK. Ok, I'm probably not helping, LOL, but I just wanted to say I totally get that part.

Hugs to you . . you are a trooper and these last few weeks will be behind you soon.

Payge has been an only child for 6 1/2 years... It's so easy to go places. No diaper bag, no diaper changes, she buckles herself, can tell me what she needs, etc. this baby is a welcome change, but a BIG change it will be.

I worry about my DD too. But she is SUCH a BIG help now since I can't really do anything... I don't see her as anything but a great, helpful, happy big sister.

It'll work out. Things always do.

December 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I feel your pain...we all do. I for one will be so glad my DS will have to stop being the center of attention and realize the world doesn't revolve around him. I'm ready for a hard fast lesson on being more selfLESS.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry you are having a rough time. I am thinking of you.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
December 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
You ladies are so sweet, and I can't thank you enough. I've just gotten progressively worse, and I'm feeling pretty useless and overwhelmed. I'm also almost welcoming pelvic surgery at this point. I know. I can't believe I said it either. Hahahahaha

We're setting small goals. I want to have the living room and kitchen done by tonight/early tomorrow so that we can have a lazy couple of days with only cooking needing to be done. The day after Christmas, we'll haul butt to get the rest done. I need to do Christmas shopping today, too. HA! I went out yesterday and forgot everything that I went out for except the pajamas. Sheesh. Of course, we only have 2 stores, really, and they were both out of everything that I wanted. We're trying to scramble to figure out what to do now. Hopefully, though, we'll be able to decorate the tree, figure out the gifts, and have a good holiday meal and relax a little. That's something we simply haven't done in several months!

I hate that others are feeling the same way about the family dynamic changing, but I'm also glad that I'm not alone. You KNOW that I'm not ungrateful and excited, just a little sad that things are changing. I already feel like the other 2 are growing up SO fast, and they're so close together that there almost wasn't a transition there. This will be different. The kids are so excited, though, and will be the best big brothers. I know that it will be amazing to have FIVE of us together. I just want that last little bit of "alone" time with them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search