Consistent BH?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Expecting #1
So last night for about 2 hours I had contractions that were about 6 minutes apart lasting about 45 seconds to 1 minute 15 seconds. I didnt call the doctor because the contractions didnt get more intense, weren't painful, and I had three that had more time in between (two that were 9 minutes apart and one that was 14 minutes apart).

I am guessing these were BH. The feeling I got was just tightening/hardening of my stomach and some lower pelvic pressure.

After dinner DH and I went for a walk and the contractions went away, I had maybe 3 or 4 the rest of the night.

Is this normal BH contractions? If BH are consistent like this, but arent painful are we supposed to call the doctor?

Thanks for the information ladies!!

December 24th, 2012, 07:00 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry but I have no idea. I just didnt want to leave ya hanging here by yourself.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
December 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I also don't know but they sound more like BH to me since they aren't terribly regular and did go away. My doc and L&D class teacher said pain isn't the indicator as much as consistency and timing and intensity.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When you're full term, there's no need to call the doctor for contractions such as those You're good.

December 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's similar to what I had the other night. 4-5 hours of Bh/contractions 4 mins apart. When I got up in the morning they spaced out some. I guess it's just another variation of normal.

December 24th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Veteran
It is a variation of normal, but you should always call your doc/mw if you're not sure about things

It's pretty normal to have braxton-hicks get regular in the evening, then putter out, in the final weeks of pregnancy. Sometimes they get intense and this is what a lot of women call "prodromal labor" -- I don't like that term because it makes it sound sort of pointless when it's not. It is doing something to get your body ready

If it makes getting rest at night hard, take extra naps during the day/early evening if you can as you do want to be well-rested.

I had this with my last baby pretty consistently for a couple of weeks and the night that things finally started happening I had a baby in my arms within just a few hours Not saying that's what always happens, but don't doubt that your body is doing important work just because it's not "the real thing"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search