38 week appointment, c-section scheduled!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By iamkc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
The doctor still hasn't received my surgical record, so it's a c-section for me. Kicker: baby girl went head-down for the appointment. She's still moving back and forth and out of position, but for the u/s, she was head-down. I think that he was going to try to let me do VBAC. He said that if DS2 had been a regular c-section, then the cut would have been ideal and I could do it. In the interest of honesty and safety, I reminded him that DS2 was an emergency c-section, so there was no way of knowing. There's only a slight risk, but I am a high bleed risk, the nearest trauma hospital is in Denver, and the policy here is not to take the extra risk. I hate it, but I understand.

At first, they were going to do it on Monday, but remembered the holiday. Wednesday was booked, so I'm having a baby on Friday morning! One week! Cuh-razy. I'm still not ready, but I have a week to try to get ready!

December 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WHOO HOOO! i know how bad you wanted v-bac but maybe it is for the better! remember everything happens for a reason! (hugs) just think...one week and you get to meet your little bundle of baby!

......as much as I want my v-bac, c-section is looking good. why was i crazy to schedule it for a week AFTER my due date? lmao

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

December 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG That is so exciting! Yes a week is not a lot of time to get it together, but you get to meet your little girl soon which is awesome! yay babies!!!! (also is this our first definite Jan baby?) I can't keep it all straight!

December 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Sorry about the section, but I have to agree, in light of not having all the information and your bleed risk, I agree it's not worth taking the chance. Either way, in a week, you'll have your bambino!

Babies are coming!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 28th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So bugged that your previous hospital wouldn't send those records for you, but it's better to be safe than sorry. On the bright side: how cool that you get to hold your babe in just a week! Her method of arrival may not your first choice, but I'm sure all that will melt away when you get to meet that sweet girl! So excited for you!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
December 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Host of March '10 PR
One week to go! So glad you have a date, but sorry the birth isn't the method you hoped for. January 4 has a nice ring to it!
December 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for baby coming soon! That stinks about the csection but I know we are probably all at the point where we don't care how.....just get the baby here!!!! lol

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

December 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I'll be nervous, and the doc is offering meds for the PTSD and dealing with it until then. How weird and kind. Hahaha I'm trying to focus on the getting a baby part! My in-laws will be here so I won't be alone in the OR-focusing on that. Not having to watch the kids in the hospital room while DH is at work-also focusing on that.

OMG The cleaning and organizing to be done, though! Whew! Especially if the in-laws are coming! Hahahah

December 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so upset with what you're going through with this I couldn't respond at first. I am so sorry and angry for you. How far away from you is this hospital that won't release your records?

Praying for peace of mind and a swift recovery. Hugs Hun.

and introducing Julia Pearl
December 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Bri, it's UAB! Now, they're across the country, but I was at Kirklin Clinic and UAB for DS2, and I wouldn't wish that "best hospital" on anyone! We even tried to request all records. Suspiciously, they sent all but the ultrasounds and the surgical report, the most incriminating records. The doctor even called and told them that this was NOT for a legal matter, but for a repeat section or possible VBAC. They told him that they would send it. They sent the placental pathology. *sigh* I'm so angry. The doc offered something for anxiety to get me through this week. I turned it down, but I'm sort of wishing that I hadn't. I'm sure that once I get closer to the day, I'll be more excited. I AM excited, of course, but that's so little of what I'm feeling right now. It sucks.

December 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, how very frustrating that they won't cooperate with you to get you the needed records. Why is it so stinking hard to get our own darn medical records!?

It seems you have a good outlook despite everything you are having to deal with. Chin up, sweetie!

and YAY for baby next week!!

December 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
Bri, it's UAB! Now, they're across the country, but I was at Kirklin Clinic and UAB for DS2, and I wouldn't wish that "best hospital" on anyone! We even tried to request all records. Suspiciously, they sent all but the ultrasounds and the surgical report, the most incriminating records. The doctor even called and told them that this was NOT for a legal matter, but for a repeat section or possible VBAC. They told him that they would send it. They sent the placental pathology. *sigh* I'm so angry. The doc offered something for anxiety to get me through this week. I turned it down, but I'm sort of wishing that I hadn't. I'm sure that once I get closer to the day, I'll be more excited. I AM excited, of course, but that's so little of what I'm feeling right now. It sucks.
OMG I need to drive over there and kick their butts for you! Freakin idiots!

and introducing Julia Pearl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search