Christmas gift /regift OT

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SaraSmiles
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By Jay Chrysalis

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I was just on Facebook looking at my neices pictures and I see one of my neice wearing a beenie hat that I gave to my brothers girlfriend for Christmas.??!!! Whaaat?? (I've never met the girlfriend or even talked to her..that's another story) ... So I text my brother and said "hmmm I saw a pic of my neice and she was wearing a hat that looked awfully similar to the one I got your girlfriend...was that the same one?" (he has yet to respond, which probably means it is the same one and he is probably embaressed...but I don't really care at this point..) read on..

I know it's not a big deal but it kinda upset me because I actually sent her a gift ..and my brother for that matter and got nothing in return. Not talking about a gift..although we didn't get one of those either but not even a thank you!! ...not even a Christmas card!!

It was so hard for me this year to make sure to get everyone something and ship them to them (out of state) and make sure they got them on time. Not to mention spending the money to do so when our baby is due so soon. My brother has never bothered to get me anything or send a card on any Christmas and I usually just blamed that on his ex-wife. This year he didn't even call. I had to text him several times ..once asking him if he got the package..another time asking if he had opened it..all just so I could get a thank you!! His girlfriend put a post of his FB page ..a mass "thank you" to me, my mom, and my dad/step mom for giving her a gift. I thought it was kind of a rude way to send a thank you. She could have sent a personal message to each of us or a thank you card in the mail .. and now it just seems like I wasted my time and money for people who are ungrateful! UGH ..

January 6th, 2013, 04:17 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Umm yeah that is really messed up and i would probably never buy him or his gf a gift again , just saying and btw i dont think fb msgs count as a legit thank you
Hoping4bby likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
January 6th, 2013, 04:37 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that's bad. Caught in red handing in re gifting. FB is really a blessing and a curse. Also I'm pretty sure you can only mass thank you people on FB for writing happy bday on your wall lol. Shoulda done that for all the shower gifts if I knew it was the new Miss Manners way of doing things

She sounds like a keeper. Sorry, but at least next year you can just get your niece an extra present instead of her!
Hoping4bby likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 6th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha thanks girls! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy!...well I knew I wasn't but wanted to vent anyway. My brother still hasn't responded to my text so I guess it was the hat I got her. They probably gave that to her as her gift and decided not to give her anything themselves
Yeah she is not a keeper but either way she should know how to write a thank you card!

January 6th, 2013, 05:54 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would bother me too! I kinda felt this year like really getting everyone one thing they really wanted and non necessarily needed, well that worked out real well. My mom mentions she wants a new purse, got her one and she complained about the color...HA! I told her to give it to me
Hoping4bby likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDYLL22 View Post
That would bother me too! I kinda felt this year like really getting everyone one thing they really wanted and non necessarily needed, well that worked out real well. My mom mentions she wants a new purse, got her one and she complained about the color...HA! I told her to give it to me
Ha... That irritates me! I would have said the same thing..give it back! My brother finally text me back and said that his GF really did like it but my niece liked it to so she gave it to her. He obviously thinks I'm dumb. I would have rather him say she just didn't care for it or it wasn't her style, etc. So I just said "we'll at least my niece got another gift out of it"....

January 6th, 2013, 07:10 PM
*1st time preggars*
That's so not right oh well atleast you did it out of the kindess of your heart. Next time you know better
Hoping4bby likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Lacey_619's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that is pretty rude.

January 7th, 2013, 08:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ugh. That's annoying. But at least your niece did get another gift!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search