January '13 Night Owl Chat

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 02:33 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
Anybody out there?

Oh what a night.

My kid is projectile vomiting. I'm so defeated right now. Two hours later and I *think* she's falling asleep finally.
Bless her heart...and yours. Hope she gets to feeling better very soon!

I'm pretty sure I've never gone to bed as early ad I have been these last few days, unless I was sick! I'm usually in bed around 8:30-9! We put the boys to bed and I take baby girl with me. She and sleep until around midnight and then we're up again around the 4 o'clock hour. Nurse, diaper change, swaddle and its back to bed...usually. If its closer to 5:30 enforce we get back to bed I let ER go back o sleep in her swing and I read until everyone else wars up for work/school.

Hope all my night wl budded are doing well!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 26th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Expecting #1
Tyra, are you sleeping from 9-4? That would be amazing!!

January 26th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Tyra, are you sleeping from 9-4? That would be amazing!!
No no! I sleep from around 9-midnight. Then 1am-3:30 or 4. I only wish!

January 26th, 2013, 09:07 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Decided to take the 8-12 shift and of course she screamed the entire time. I think she is just working on a poop. Now my DH is on till 5 and she's sleeping like a baby.

Another uncomfortable night sleep ahead for me as my boobs are painfully engorged, leaking, and I smell like old cabbage since apparently that is the only way to dry up milk. It hurts to hold her against my chest. God help me I thought deciding to give up pumping would be the hardest part of this experience

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Decided to take the 8-12 shift and of course she screamed the entire time. I think she is just working on a poop. Now my DH is on till 5 and she's sleeping like a baby.

Another uncomfortable night sleep ahead for me as my boobs are painfully engorged, leaking, and I smell like old cabbage since apparently that is the only way to dry up milk. It hurts to hold her against my chest. God help me I thought deciding to give up pumping would be the hardest part of this experience
So sorry! Being engorged stinks! Hopefully it won't last much longer for you!

We started our nightly routine a little early and got Ember to bed by 9. She slept 5 hours and now I'm up feeding her. Normally I do the diaper change, nurse and then give her the extra bottle of breastmilk, but tonight I'm trying to nurse, diaper change and then bottle. She hates her diaper changes and it really wakes her up so I'm hoping by doing it in the middle she will be more content so she won't get so upset during the change. We will see if this helps her get back to sleep quicker, we are usually up for 90 minutes once she gets up and I'm hoping to get that down to 60 minutes.

How is everyone else's night going?
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Ugh. I don't feel well and of course Sarah Beth doesn't want to sleep good for me. The two older boys and the aby all joined my in my room for bed last night while dh went to the grocery. Not sure way all he got since the fridge still looks empty. I do see sugary cereals though. Ugh.

And on his way home he stopped at Wendy's...and got me nothing! Jerk!

Anyhow...Sarah Beth has been a little wiggle work all night. And now she's up, wide awake. I guess at least she's not fussy. Just can't get settled. I think she's got a bit of indigestion going on lately.

*blame any typos on the iPad...gotta love autocorrect!*

January 27th, 2013, 02:03 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
A few sleepless nights in a row have caught up with me. When I have slept tonight I've slept so hard. Like drench my pjs in sweat hard. I'll be glad when these hormones are regulated!!

Up for feeding #2 tonight. I've discovered he really likes the Beatles lullaby album I got him. Calms him down right away and knocks him out pretty quickly!!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
A few sleepless nights in a row have caught up with me. When I have slept tonight I've slept so hard. Like drench my pjs in sweat hard. I'll be glad when these hormones are regulated!!

Up for feeding #2 tonight. I've discovered he really likes the Beatles lullaby album I got him. Calms him down right away and knocks him out pretty quickly!!
We have that cd too and Vivi seems to like it as well! She just really likes music although tonight she was up all night. Thank god my mom is still in town as it is now back to bed for me!

January 27th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Ok trying a new schedule tonight. Baby last fed at 9:30pm. dH is on 10-2 I'm on 2-6 then we are both up at 6 and each take turns showering while the other listens/cares for the baby. Then have some breakfast and DH starts work.

I'll prob be on around 3ish so we'll see how this goes.

Also is anyone's DH sort of being a baby about...the baby? My DH is a do anything kind of guy and I think a baby has totally thrown him through a loop. He totally uses the fact that he has to work full time (from home and not in demand every hour of the day mind you) as an excuse to why he needs more sleep or needs me to do more. Sort of pisses me off and I hope when my mom leaves on tues he steps up more. He usually doesn't shy away from hard work which makes this sort of upsetting

January 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Expecting #1
I'm sorry your Hubs is being a baby for guys it's harder on them because they can't really interact with the babies since babies this young aren't really interactive. I've heard that dads get more excited when babies are little more interactive around 3 months.

My husband is amazing and helps out a lot. He is back to work and gets up to help. He will only be up for 30 minutes or less while I am up for 90 minutes. I do a majority of the diaper changes, but that is because our routine just goes diaper change and nurse so it just happens that way.

I hope your DH comes around. Maybe he is a little nervous still to take care of Vivi?

January 27th, 2013, 08:20 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm about to go to bed but I'm a bit nervous about tonight. Here's why:

11:00PM Lastnight we bathed Eli before bed, fed him and put him down in his crib.

6:00AM this morning he finally wakes up! Then he ate and went back to sleep!

9:00AM Woke again for food. Stayed up after this feeding.

12:00PM nods back off as we pack for Grammas

2:00PM DH & I went to a funeral till about 5, leaving the kids with Gramma & Grandpa. They took them for a walk with the stroller and my mom said he ate fine and had minimal awake time before passing back out.

6:00PM We picked him up (left DD) and then went to a retirement party at 6:30. He slept all the way thru it and didn't wake when we left at about 9.

9:30 PM we got home and woke him to change him and feed him and, you guessed it- asleep again! So we've put him in his crib and I'm nervously heading off to sleep, wondering how tonight will go! I'm scared he'll want to have his awake time in the middle of the night and screw up our schedule!

January 27th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Here's to hoping Eli has stayed asleep!

I don't know what my DH's deal is. Maybe he didn't anticipate the fussiness or the crying that sometimes you never really solve? All I know is this has thrown him through a loop. I hope he steps up more soon.

And of course the baby who seemed down for the count when he gave me the monitor is up for the beginning of my shift. Oh well

January 27th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Sorry your dh is being a baby about it. They usually are the biggest babies!

My dh, while no help at night because he went back to work right away, has been amazing about helping with everything he can. It helps that he did this 21 years ago so hes been through it all before!

Hope eli stays asleep for you tonight!! I just let max go 4 hours between feedings when I finally woke him up. It always makes me nervous I won't be able to get him back to sleep.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Last edited by mal91011; January 27th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
January 28th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Expecting #1
I feel you with not wanting to wake up a baby. I worry about weight gaining and getting enough milk, but one if my biggest concerns is getting baby back to sleep! Last night was tough. We started our nighttime routine later and didn't have Ember ready for bed until 1030. She would doze or fall asleep, but the second I put her in her bassinet she would be wide awake. We did that for about 2 hours , I finally let her fall asleep in the crook of my arm in the bed and we slept for a few hours. DH got up sometime in the middle of the night and put her in her bassinet. I didn't look at the clock. We both slept 4.5 hours so let's hope she goes right back to bed!

January 28th, 2013, 01:47 AM
I'm hoping it'll get better with time. Tonight has gone well thus far. Just did a 4am feed and change that went almost too well. I can't fall back asleep because I'm afraid shell wake back up! Lol

I didn't realize you DH had a previous child Meg, I kind of wish my DH did or that he babysat as a kid so this wouldn't be so jarring an experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
I feel you with not wanting to wake up a baby. I worry about weight gaining and getting enough milk, but one if my biggest concerns is getting baby back to sleep! Last night was tough. We started our nighttime routine later and didn't have Ember ready for bed until 1030. She would doze or fall asleep, but the second I put her in her bassinet she would be wide awake. We did that for about 2 hours , I finally let her fall asleep in the crook of my arm in the bed and we slept for a few hours. DH got up sometime in the middle of the night and put her in her bassinet. I didn't look at the clock. We both slept 4.5 hours so let's hope she goes right back to bed!
Those are tr worst nights. We had that last night but I think she was backed up and therefore uncomfortable so I forgive her lol

January 28th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Yep dh is an old man ( nine years older than me) and I have a 21 year old step daughter. Luckily for me hes been pre trained in daddyhood!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 03:28 AM
When dh and I had our first child together he was very hands off for a while. Until I blew up one day and asked him what his deal was. He said he felt disconnected because I seemed to know how to do it all and he didn't. So I had to step back and let him do a few more things that I didn't know I was selfish about doing myself.

And ditto whoever said the thing about men interacting with the babies when they are more active and alert. Men like instant gratification. So when a one week old doesn't respond to them it's not as rewarding as the three month old who might smile.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Yep dh is an old man ( nine years older than me) and I have a 21 year old step daughter. Luckily for me hes been pre trained in daddyhood!
Your step daughter is 4 years younger than me so....maybe you should adopt me so she has a closer in age sibling? haha jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
When dh and I had our first child together he was very hands off for a while. Until I blew up one day and asked him what his deal was. He said he felt disconnected because I seemed to know how to do it all and he didn't. So I had to step back and let him do a few more things that I didn't know I was selfish about doing myself.

And ditto whoever said the thing about men interacting with the babies when they are more active and alert. Men like instant gratification. So when a one week old doesn't respond to them it's not as rewarding as the three month old who might smile.
Thanks for the advice mama! I realize sometimes I try to micro manage how he deals with the baby which totally emasculates him and who is to say my way is the right way? As long as the baby isn't in danger I need to let him do his thing. At the same time, he needs to be more hands on. I am going to wait and see how things go when my mom leaves and hopefully he steps up more. If not I just need to be vocal and get is a** in gear. My DH is very logical and the baby is a problem he can't always solve and I think it really throws him off. He is a good dad and he was amazing when we were in the hospital, but I think he is having a hard time adjusting to this new lifestyle we need to live.

Hope everyone had a good night's sleep!

January 28th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post

Your step daughter is 4 years younger than me so....maybe you should adopt me so she has a closer in age sibling? haha jk
Haha that makes me feel old!!

January 28th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Haha that makes me feel old!!
nahhhh I'm just an old soul! After baby I do not feel 25 that's for sure! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search