January '13 Night Owl Chat

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 05:06 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post

nahhhh I'm just an old soul! After baby I do not feel 25 that's for sure! lol
Agreed - I thought I was a young 34 till I had my first baby. Now I definitely feel like I'm too old to have a second one, along with a whole host of other reasons!

January 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Eli did fantastic! I love that little chunky man! He woke at midnight for a feeding and went right back out and then woke at 3 for a poopy diaper and a feeding and back out again. I was a little worried because his stool was kinda hard and it seemed like he was in a bit of pain when he passed it- plus I was sure he had more in there that he didn't want to push out because it was too hard. But we took care of the rest of it this morning after his 7AM feeding....Peeeyouu!! Now he's sitting next to me in his bouncy seat with the hiccups...he's been awake and content for almost 3 hours!

I also wanted to note that the reason I let him sleep longer stretches and I'm not as worried about the weight gain thing as the rest of you, is because he's technically almost 2 months old. He is also a little butterball and we have no worries at all that he's being underfed!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Ugh max is fighting going back to sleep. This is the first time hes done this since we've established a nighttime routine. Mommas so tired max!!

January 29th, 2013, 12:30 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah DH actually stayed up an hour past his shift because Vivi has been fussy. I'm sort of shocked but pleasantly surprised. Now she is just wide eyed. Bed time girl!

Hope you're asleep Meg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
Eli did fantastic! I love that little chunky man! He woke at midnight for a feeding and went right back out and then woke at 3 for a poopy diaper and a feeding and back out again. I was a little worried because his stool was kinda hard and it seemed like he was in a bit of pain when he passed it- plus I was sure he had more in there that he didn't want to push out because it was too hard. But we took care of the rest of it this morning after his 7AM feeding....Peeeyouu!! Now he's sitting next to me in his bouncy seat with the hiccups...he's been awake and content for almost 3 hours!

I also wanted to note that the reason I let him sleep longer stretches and I'm not as worried about the weight gain thing as the rest of you, is because he's technically almost 2 months old. He is also a little butterball and we have no worries at all that he's being underfed!
No judgement here! Vivi is almost 3 weeks and the ped said we could start stretching feedings out to 3-4 hours and upping to 2 1/2 to 3 oz because she is a hearty little thing! Whatever makes your boo happy!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 29th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Expecting #1
My pedi said I could let Ember sleep up to 4.5 hours at night, she has slept up to 6 though because I slept through my alarm. Oops! She seems to be gaining fine and is healthy and happy. That is all that is important so now I let her sleep. Since I stopped setting an alarm, she hasn't slept longer than 4.5 hours though. I'm still very thankful for that nice stretch though.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Since hes primarily getting his food from formula I've been going 3-4 hours, but he normally wakes closer to 3 hours.

I did finally get him to sleep, just to have a freaking thunderstorm start in around 4am. And manitou is horribly afraid of thunderstorms. So not much sleep for mommy tonight. It's winter in michigan it should be snowing!

Last edited by mal91011; January 29th, 2013 at 02:39 AM.
January 29th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Ugh that sucks I'm sorry :/ Vivi has only done like 15 min stretches in my arms. I feel totally helpless. My mom is doing a feeding now so I can get an hour of sleep :/

January 29th, 2013, 05:00 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night wasn't terribly bad but I felt like it because I'm under the weather. Sarah Beth got up at 12 to nurse and went right back to sleep. But when she woke at 3am she didn't want I go back to sleep until 4:30. I begged dh to take her and rock her but he reused...saying he needed sleep because he works. Ugh I wanted to slap him!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Expecting #1
Ember wouldn't go back to sleep after getting up around 330. After about 90 minutes of trying, I just cuddled her in my arm and she fell asleep in the bed. DH put her in her bassinet at 8 and she slept until 930. This sleeping in the bed needs to stop! I swore I wouldn't do it!!! That's two nights in a row. In my defense, I think Ember is going through a growth spurt.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
Last night wasn't terribly bad but I felt like it because I'm under the weather. Sarah Beth got up at 12 to nurse and went right back to sleep. But when she woke at 3am she didn't want I go back to sleep until 4:30. I begged dh to take her and rock her but he reused...saying he needed sleep because he works. Ugh I wanted to slap him!
Oh you'll love this. Yesterday afternoon my DH told me he couldn't watch the baby because he was still "working" and then when he found out that my mom and I wanted to go out and shop and would just wait till after his work day suddenly he found the time to watch her since he wanted to play bball after work and obviously wanted me to watch her then. Somehow my face of dismay baffled him after that. So over the "work" excuse, but I'm trying to be careful of the "what I do is harder than what you do" debate. I'm hoping we can just trade off and be considerate of each other and it will work. Hopefully lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Ember wouldn't go back to sleep after getting up around 330. After about 90 minutes of trying, I just cuddled her in my arm and she fell asleep in the bed. DH put her in her bassinet at 8 and she slept until 930. This sleeping in the bed needs to stop! I swore I wouldn't do it!!! That's two nights in a row. In my defense, I think Ember is going through a growth spurt.
I did the same thing. I really don't want her to get used to falling asleep on me but sometimes I need what I call "survival sleep."

She's grown 2 inches since birth though and up 5oz from birth weight so I have to assume all of that would make one fussy. Also she really is getting backed up lately. I've been trying everything, but each day we seem to be back to square one.

January 29th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh what a night. Hope was not wanting anything to do with bed tonight and once I finally got her down my DS woke up due to puking all over himself and his crib for the 2nd night in a row. I am going on very little sleep. It all started yesterday with puke and then constant diarrhea all day. He has the worst rash on his bum. So needless to say I was exhausted tonight and just wanted to get some sleep, but Hope wasn't having it. She wasn't crabby just gassy and wide awake. Now I am up with him hoping he falls back to sleep and I can go back to bed, but of course Hope will be waking to eat soon too. Im going to be usless today.

January 30th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Oh jill that sounds miserable!! I hope hes feeling better soon!

Max has been fussy and hard to get to sleep tonight too. Hes been fighting sleep all day, so why should night be any different, I guess!

January 30th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Mommy
I think I'll join you ladies. We just put our little buttercup in her crib and I'm waiting for her to scream. Lately she's been falling asleep on me rocking her in a chair. Last night she slept 4 hours but I can't be rocking her to sleep every night.
January 30th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Expecting #1
Our little ones need to start falling asleep better! I love looking into Ember's eyes, but late at night I really want her to shut them! It is really cute when I look over at Ember and she is just laying in her bassinet all swaddled up with her eyes wide open staring at the wall.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 02:42 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully they'll get the hang of it soon. I've been up a few times with Sarah Beth but we also went to bed at 8:30. This time of night/morning is her waking hour. She apparently thinks this is the best part of the day. It takes her longer to go back to sleep at this feeding but at least she isn't fussy!

We've got her check-up tomorrow at 10am. I'm excited to see how much she's grown!!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Oof I'm sorry Jill I hope everyone is Doing better today and you can get a nap in.

We had a surprisingly good night for once. I went to bed at 10pm and didn't wake till 4:30 to feed her! (dH fed her before bed and at 1am). Of course she didn't go back down after and I just said heck and started my day but hey beggars can't be choosers!

January 30th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Question- Am I the only one who goes to sleep even if my kid is wide awake? lol. Of course I don't do that with my 2yr old but like at night if for some reason Marshall is wide awake after a feeding, I just lay him back down and go to sleep. I figure if I was to stay up with him he'd be doing the same exact thing he's doing with me sleeping so why not sleep? I just see alot of you saying you didn't get sleep cause your LO's were wide awake so I was wondering.
January 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Question- Am I the only one who goes to sleep even if my kid is wide awake? lol. Of course I don't do that with my 2yr old but like at night if for some reason Marshall is wide awake after a feeding, I just lay him back down and go to sleep. I figure if I was to stay up with him he'd be doing the same exact thing he's doing with me sleeping so why not sleep? I just see alot of you saying you didn't get sleep cause your LO's were wide awake so I was wondering.
Sometimes if she's wide awake and calm I'll back away and go back to bed but the wide awake I stick around for is when I know she is awake and uncomfortable me and about to cry any moment. I'm cool with her being up but she doesn't seem as keen to lie nicely in her crib when she is awake which is unfortunate!

Definitely get sleep when you can. Nothing wrong with sleeping while a happy baby lays content in his crib!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Ah yea that makes sense. I'd rather stay awake then to doze off for two minutes to just get woken up by him crying lol
MammaWannaBe likes this.
January 30th, 2013, 10:21 PM
If max were content in his sleeper I would, but thats usually not the case.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search