January '13 Night Owl Chat

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 03:07 AM
Expecting #1
Yeah, I put Ember down and most of the time she will go to sleep on her own a few minutes after I put her down and I'm usually asleep. It's the times when she is wide awake and I lay down and then just as I'm drifting she starts to whine. Sometimes ill wait 5-10 minutes before going to sleep to see if Ember will stir after putting her down when she is awake. I hate just starting to doze and then having to get right back up. If she doesn't stir within that 5-10 minutes she will usually just fall asleep on her own in a few more minutes and I go to bed.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

January 31st, 2013, 05:10 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Ah yea that makes sense. I'd rather stay awake then to doze off for two minutes to just get woken up by him crying lol
Agreed. I actually struggle the most after I feed, burp, and put her back down during my shift because I only get like 45 min to an hour of sleep afterwards until I need to wake up for the day and it feels hellish, almost like I didn't sleep and I have a hard time falling asleep during that time because I'm so nervous she is going to wake up the second I doze off!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Hopefully our LO's will start sleeping longer stretches soon!

DS1 slept from 10pm-4am, get up and eat then sleep til 8am. He started that at about 5 or 6wks old and then by 8 or 9wks was sleeping completly through the night. I'm hoping DS2 takes after him but so far he's been different. DS1 was never up every 2hrs. More like 3-4 where as Marshall, most of the time is up every 2hrs unless I get lucky!
January 31st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Hopefully our LO's will start sleeping longer stretches soon!

DS1 slept from 10pm-4am, get up and eat then sleep til 8am. He started that at about 5 or 6wks old and then by 8 or 9wks was sleeping completly through the night. I'm hoping DS2 takes after him but so far he's been different. DS1 was never up every 2hrs. More like 3-4 where as Marshall, most of the time is up every 2hrs unless I get lucky!
Yeah Vivi eats every 2 hours (2 1/2) if I'm lucky during the day, but at night she can normally go for 3 hours max. Our schedule for night shifts is great but mine is 2-6 so she's usually up at 4 for her feeding and by the time I go back to bed around 4:45-5 I am up at 6 and for some reason only getting those 45 min to 1 hour of sleep is awful. I never wake up at a good point in my sleep cycle but I don't want to get up at 4:45am to start my day!

January 31st, 2013, 10:44 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Max slept hard all evening, which o knew was going to be a problem. Hes fighting going back to sleep now.

The good news was that he took one of his naps in his crib and seemed to like it. I was worried he'd have a problem transitioning to his crib.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 01:06 AM
That's great Meg! Yeah we thought the same thing but the only place Vivi will sleep at night is her crib (or someone's arms lol). Go figure

February 1st, 2013, 01:08 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
We are lucky to get 2 hours between feedings. I try to make Clairre keep nursing, but she falls asleep easily. Yesterday she did really well with 2+ hrs between and I could put here right down afterwards. It seems at night she wants to eat more often...and cuddle... I love it but am so tired. I've been sleeping in the recliner since we came home because it has been uncomfortable laying down with my csection. On a positive note, so far she is a very content baby and doesn't have a "fussy time." (Knock on wood that it stays that way!) It feels like we will never sleep again, but I know from experience that it WILL get better. Soon, I hope...
MammaWannaBe likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

February 2nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
Ugh bad night here. Viv was up every hour for DH shift and that seems to continue to mine. Plus she's been half crying every 20 min and waking me up but stopping before I get to her so I am now wide awake! Ah!

February 2nd, 2013, 02:02 AM
Super Mommy
Bad night here! She's been up for three hours! Ugh
February 2nd, 2013, 02:31 AM
That sucks ladies - sorry!!

Max has had a pretty good night, although we'll see how putting him down with this feeding goes. Tonight was going to be the first night I was going to let him sleep as long as he wanted, but of course he was up every 3 hours!

February 2nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
That sucks ladies - sorry!!

Max has had a pretty good night, although we'll see how putting him down with this feeding goes. Tonight was going to be the first night I was going to let him sleep as long as he wanted, but of course he was up every 3 hours!
The same thing happened with Ember. She was sleeping 4.5 hours and we had to wake her, a few times I slept through the alarm and she slept 6 hours. When I finally felt ok to let her sleep she has been getting up every 3-4 hours. Last night we got two 4.5 hour stretches though

February 2nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh. Clairre has been eating pretty much hourly today and continuing tonight... Think maybe shes having a growth spurt? Also her nose is a little stuffy which is not conducive to sleep.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

February 3rd, 2013, 02:04 AM
Exhaustion!! Max has been fighting sleep at every feeding. It's made for a long, frustrating night. Especially when you can see hes tired but hes fighting to stay awake.

February 3rd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Exhaustion!! Max has been fighting sleep at every feeding. It's made for a long, frustrating night. Especially when you can see hes tired but hes fighting to stay awake.
Vivi did that after her 4am feeding...blah

She also ate like 3oz every hr last night. Must be a growth spurt

February 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so tired, excited that I got a 20 min shower tonight! Just got Zahir to sleep and my mom took Zaden up to bed. I decided to come visit b4 u try and get some sleep. Anyone else not sleeping in their beds? I find myself sleeping in the den on the recliner with little man.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 04:04 AM
I was in my guest room this am from 4:30-6am just bouncing her and trying to close my eyes and sleep sitting up. Most nights I try to get back to my bed or at least start the night in my bed!

February 6th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Our schedule is all messed up tonight because joel and I were exhausted and wanted to go to bed as early as possible. So right now at 5:50 is what would typically be our 8am, ready to start the day feeding. I hope he goes back to sleep!!

February 6th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Our schedule is all messed up tonight because joel and I were exhausted and wanted to go to bed as early as possible. So right now at 5:50 is what would typically be our 8am, ready to start the day feeding. I hope he goes back to sleep!!
Did he go back to bed?

Of course Vivi decides last night to sleep 9:30pm-3:00 am which mean she slept through DH's shift and was up twice for mine! Although I can't complain too much because I did get 5 hours of uninterupted sleep, which might have confused my body more than anything else haha.

February 6th, 2013, 08:03 AM
For an hour. Not long enough for mommy!!

February 7th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Mommy
Let's all hope that these babies start sleeping more at night. I'm not looking forward to next week when the hubby goes back to work. I hope we all get some rest tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search