January '13 Night Owl Chat

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 01:55 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
So far I've gotten an extra hour of sleep in between both feedings. So glorious. I feel like if I could find a solution to his heavy wetting then we might sleep longer!

I was sleeping so hard when he woke me for this current feeding that I now feel nauseous. Ugh. Can't wait to go back to sleep.

February 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vivi slept 11-5:15 last night. I'm almost more tired from getting more sleep which is weird. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up that this pattern sticks but I'd be nice if it did!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
February 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Ugh so Jealous Mere! But glad you got sleep!
February 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miss sleeping in my bed. I sleep downstairs lately cause Jami is a night owl no matter how hard I try to cange it.

Last edited by alicia1984; February 7th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
February 8th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I'm so excited for tomorrow night. Hubbys worried about my mental wellbeing and wanted to know what would help. He thought maybe getting out of the house and exercising or hanging out with friends. Heck no, it's some darn sleep!! So since max is pretty much just formula fed, dh is going to take the night shift so I can hopefully get a full nights sleep!!

February 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome Meg! Some sleep definitely helps. DH and I have a sched where he is on 10-2 and I'm on 2-6. It ensures we at least get 4 hours of straight sleep. Also DH seems to have a knack for calming Vivi at night (that extra half ounce of formula probably helps lol).

Happy Friday everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1984 View Post
I miss sleeping in my bed. I sleep downstairs lately cause Jami is a night owl no matter how hard I try to cange it.
Have you tried keeping him up more during the day? (Easier said than done). Something that we do that might help that I learned from LadieBug is when we care for her at night it's militant no fuss. We don't coo or talk to her, no lights on, just feed, change, burp, bed. During the day when I feed I talk to her and engage her so she knows its cool to stay up and hang. I think it's helped us! Just an idea

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
February 9th, 2013, 01:24 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Blerbwrblernerbleerberblerber.

Yep. That's what I feel like. Fussy Bax tonight. Just wants to comfort nurse every 20 min for about 5 min at a time. No sleep for me!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Well, joel feeding max tonight hasn't exactly worked out. He did the midnight feeding, but I was basically awake through the whole thing because I'm a light sleeper and a control freak!

I took the 4am feeding because I was already awake and dh was happily snoring, but hes agreed to take the next feeding and that way I can sleep in. I'm grateful for any of the help though because I'm so exhausted I've got a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Blerbwrblernerbleerberblerber.

Yep. That's what I feel like. Fussy Bax tonight. Just wants to comfort nurse every 20 min for about 5 min at a time. No sleep for me!
Ugh thats how max was earlier today. Hope for your sake he relaxes and gets some sleep.

February 9th, 2013, 02:03 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*yawn*. I wanna go back to sleep

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

February 9th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginger View Post
*yawn*. I wanna go back to sleep
Me too. I am extremely thankful for the extra plush carpet on the nursery floor. Boppy's make good pillows too.
lovelyenchanted likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Expecting #1
Wowzers!! Tried putting Ember down last night starting at 9, but she kept waking up as soon as we put her in her bassinet. It's okay,DH and I were watching a movie, which we paused a lot to get her down. She was just chillin, quiet and alert. We let her lay with us and fall asleep, but once that little head hit her bassinet she was awake and would start to fuss, so back in our arms she went. Movie was finally over so I took over and fed her again and rocked her to sleep and put her down at 12:30 and she finally stayed asleep. She slept until 645!!! She was tired though because she was up from 7-12:30 (with a few 15-30 mintue naps in there when we were trying to get her to go down for the night). I think she was is a nice milk coma. I don't mind that stubbornness to fall asleep as long as she gives me a nice 6 hour stretch! Lets see if I can get that tonight as well!

February 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I want sleep!! Kingston was up ...is up..every hour and a half.he woke up at 2 and put him to bed again at almost 3 and he woke up again at 4 it felt like I blinked and he was up again, so much so that I actually had to sit there and think.."I did just feed him right?" Now I'm up again at 6... I just want sleep....

February 10th, 2013, 01:54 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan is fighting sleep right now. He wants on my chest but I'm holding him in my arms because it's easier to lay him down. His snoring resembles a purring cat lol.

February 10th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going through that too Kingston has loved sleeping on my chest lately and as soon as I put him in the bassinet he starts stirring again I have him on my chest right now and I'm patiently waiting for him to get into a deep sleep so I can put him down again!

February 10th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Baxter is currently fast asleep with my boob in his mouth. Good grief, he is a lazy nurser.

February 11th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4bby View Post
I'm going through that too Kingston has loved sleeping on my chest lately and as soon as I put him in the bassinet he starts stirring again I have him on my chest right now and I'm patiently waiting for him to get into a deep sleep so I can put him down again!
I have this problem with max during the day. He doesn't want to sleep anywhere k other than on me.

Quote:
Baxter is currently fast asleep with my boob in his mouth. Good grief, he is a lazy nurser.
Even though breast milk isn't his main food source I still offer max the breast at every feeding. Hes lazy nurser too. It's horrible!

February 11th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Expecting #1
Ember is a lazy nurser still at 6 wks! She always falls asleep! She is getting better and the breast compressions help, but I feel I still need to offer her a bottle of expressed milk after nursing so she is satisfied. Yesterday she nursed for 2 hours and every time I unlatched her she started whining, her hungry cry/whine. We switched positions and I kept up with compressions. Finally, I just gave her a 2 oz bottle if expressed milk and then she was satisfied. I hope her nursing gets better, letting her nurse all day is fine, except when I need to get things done or go anywhere.

February 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really wish I knew about this thread a few nights ago!!

Quote:
When I was bf Josh would do that all the time. It always made me laugh.

I dont know how to double quote but about the sleeping on the chest thing. At night time, after feedings that is the only way I can get him to go to sleep in any sort of timely manner. And I too have to wait til he is completely knocked out before I even attempt to move him to the crib. Sometimes even then when I put him down he starts wiggling, and thats when I put in the paci. lol Im not gonna lie though, I absolutely love when he sleeps on my chest. It melts my heart

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
February 11th, 2013, 07:33 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
So DH had the nerve to say something about me having a problem putting Evan to sleep. He hasn't slept more than 30 minutes at a time all day today. Really you think I'm the problem?? So he tries to put him down to eat dinner and within 5 minutes.. wahh!! What was that about me having trouble? Lol. He just wasn't in the sleeping mood today. Praying fir a long quiet night

February 11th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I shouldn't even say anything for fear of jinxing things but Bax has been nursing and napping like a pro all day today! Here's hoping that continues tonight! Otherwise, you shall find me here...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search