January '13 Night Owl Chat

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 11:11 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Here I sit, wearing Lauryn in the Moby as she snoozes away. Is it horrible that I've contemplated a few times if it would be safe to take a nap in the recliner with her tied to me?

She slept for 5 hours earlier... she fell asleep in the car on the way to get DD from school (literally a 2 minute drive) at 2:30 slept the whole time I waited (I end up waiting about 40 minutes because if I go later there's a million cars there and I like being one of the first in the line up so I get out and get home instead of being stuck in a jumble of cars and traffic) then slept in the swing (with it turned off no less) until 7:30! Had I known she was going to stay asleep, I would have napped myself. Why can't she do that at night? (And she's impossible to keep awake during the day...)

So... I'm finally tired enough to sleep (I was so exhausted I was wired earlier) and she won't let me put her down. I have to have ODD to the dentist in the AM, and I feel like I could cry.

*sigh*

February 13th, 2013, 05:35 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really sorry Steph. It's hard to wake sleeping baby (or to want to!). During the day I try to keep her up, but it's hard because you are chancing that she is just going to cry the whole time (like last night, she was displeased from about 7-9pm). Maybe try sitting her up and talking/singing to her? Making funny faces? We try to be really interesting during the day so that she is curious enough to stay awake and then at night we are super boring while feeding and such so that she sort of gets the memo that it's sleep time. Also, I've dozed with her tied to me on rough nights sitting up in a recliner. I call it survival sleep.

Anyway I hope things get better and that you can get a nap today! I understand having a hard time falling asleep. My DH is "on" 10pm-2am so if I feel wired sometimes I will take a low dosage of melatonin (it's an herbal supplement that helps you fall asleep but not a sleeping pill so you don't feel loopy from it). Just an idea!

February 13th, 2013, 05:56 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
had I gone to sleep after she was in a good sleep in the Moby instead of waiting for her to wake up and eat like usual, I could have potentially slept for 6 hours.

She fell asleep around 1:00, I'd say... I stayed up to 3:00 thinking she was just going to wake up any minute to eat. I finally went into the bedroom and carefully unwrapped her from the Moby, put her in the little bassinet, and she got up at 7:00!

Tonight I'm going to Moby wrap her after her 10:00 feeding and see if it helps... But seeing as that's what I WANT to happen, tonight it won't. lol.

February 13th, 2013, 08:23 PM
And tonight's already a bad night. Came home from my first time out at night ever to a screaming baby and distraught DH. Finally singing calmed her and now DH is feeding her. Already lost a half hour of sleep during DH's shift though. :/

February 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hope your night got a little better hon xx

I'm up for the 230am feeding. I actually don't mind this anymore. He always eats like a champ but usually wakes up for a bit after no matter what I do or don't do. I am pretty awake at this time so it doesn't bug me. DH takes the 530 feed so I sleep until he is done with that plus another hour past. Not too bad!

Ped check for weight tomorrow and hoping his weight is up enough that we can stretch out the feeds from every 2 hours to a bit longer.

MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 14th, 2013, 06:22 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I'm losing valuable sleep right now but this kid is sleeping in the
crib! I'm putting my foot down, he wont win! Lol.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Vivi does the crib and its a lifesaver. She doesn't sleep past 4:15 am ish though usually so we get up around them which is a bit too early for me! She's gotten better about snuggling and doing an early morning nap with me though.

I think she hasn't been feeling great though. Lots of spit up. It's calming down so hopefully she sleeps better tonight.

February 16th, 2013, 03:23 AM
So Baxter's witching hour is officially 7-10pm. Wide awake and fussy. Good luck trying to get him down to sleep. He is, however, a gem at 230am

February 17th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I'm slowly starting to figure that out as well! Kingston s always a terror around the same time...usually right when were trying to eat dinner and on until we get ready for bed. The only good part about it is he doesn't sleep so usually when he finally does fall asleep he is good to go for 4 hrs or so! DH doesn't like it because that's usually his bonding time with him during he week after work poor guy!

February 17th, 2013, 10:37 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Ugh I just wish max would go longer than 3 hours between feedings!!! And I wish I were able to fall asleep right away after I get him down but no, it takes about an hour for my brain to shut down, no matter how tired I am. So I just about get into a decent sleep when hes ready to get back up again. Waaah!

February 19th, 2013, 05:17 AM
I feel you about not being able to turn your brain off. First 4 weeks or so the first thing that popped into my head when i tried to lay down was SIDS, every night! It was really ruining my sleep.

Now tonight Evan has decided at 6 weeks old he wants to get up every 2 hours. Really?! Mom is tired kid, stay asleep!

February 20th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I'm dreading tonight. The past two nights have sucked. We normally have a pretty good night time routine but last night she got up at 2:30 to feed and wouldn't go back down till almost 5 am.

I'm also finding I can't shut back down after I get her down. My ears are heightened and I swear I have bat hearing of something because I pick up every little gasp. It's wreaking havoc on my nerves but I'm not sure how to stop it.

February 20th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Where does she sleep? Evan sleeps in the napper of the pnp and I swaddle him leaving his arms out then put a rolled up receiving blanket on each side of him to make him feel extra snug. Also a tip I received today... warm blankets! Pop em in the dryer and when she's obviously sleepy throw one on top of her. I tried this today after my DR appointment and it worked like as charm! Good luck tonight

February 21st, 2013, 12:36 AM
Omg max just almost went 6 hours in between feedings. That never happens and boy did he wake up pissed! And now hes falling back asleep easily after this feeding. Who is this child?!
MammaWannaBe and minalyn like this.

February 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yay for sleeping that long!!!

I meant to update this at 4am but was playing solitaire on my phone instead. last night we tried something new. I went to bed at 930pm. DH stayed up with Bax during his fussy time. He bottled him and put him to bed just before 1. I got up at 330 to feed him and I had to wake him up. I am fairly certain he would have slept a couple hours longer if I didn't. He didn't really fall back asleep until about 6. But DH and I got a few cuddles in after that and before DH got up. Then I got another hour of sleep! So, I got about 6 hours of sleep uninterrupted...-a first since Bax got home!!
MammaWannaBe and Hoping4bby like this.

February 23rd, 2013, 04:11 AM
I've bumped max's nighttime feeding up to 4.5 ounces of formula and we don't let him catnap after 6pm. It seems to have increased his sleep times at night- usually going 4-5 hours in between feedings. The problem though is that more food seems to be making his reflux worse. Can't win.

And even though he is sleeping more, I seem to be sleeping less. I can't shut my stupid brain off!! And I swear hubbys snoring has gotten worse. And I'm about to lock the dogs out oz the bedroom too because they're so noisy. Man, I miss sleeping with earplugs.

March 3rd, 2013, 02:48 AM
My.child.will.not.stay.asleep.

March 3rd, 2013, 06:23 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Marshall slept from 9pm until 4am!!! 7hrs!!!! Now if I had just went to bed when he did then I would've been set, but I did get a good 4.5hrs of sleep And then he slept from 5-8.
Hoping4bby likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 06:58 AM
It was a struggle to get Evan sleeping in the crib last night. For one he was overly tired again. I even went to the store and got swaddling sacks because he's always flailing his arms and it does wake him. Well success ladies! He slept from 9ish-245 then went back down after a bottle and us still at it. Let's hope it continues. I'd hate to have the ladies at daycare secretly pissed at me because he can't sleep in a crib. I'm just glad DH us finally in board about it, that's the reason it took so long. I have been trying during the day though.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Started bedtime at 8. It is now almost 11. We have nursed, jammies, book, bottle, cuddled, nursed, book, and now nursing again. C'mon baby, sleep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search