January '13 Night Owl Chat

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree49Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Host of March '10 PR
This sticky is an ongoing general chat for night owls.
Whether you are up with a partying baby, or just have insomnia, flock on in!
January 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is going to be a god send. I am doing the 12-5am shift right now and with how well she has been sleeping ( ) I'm probably going to need this!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
January 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I love night owl threads! I'm sure I'll see y'all in here tonight.

January 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
great idea!!

January 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Just waiting to be stickied
MammaWannaBe likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
I can't believe it...it's 10pm here and I'm laying in bed. Sarah Beth in her bassinet next to me, the (very much in trouble) four year old in his toddler bed at the door of our bed, the five year old in his bed in the boys room and the hubs watching tv on the computer! I've got my sound machine cranked up, heating pad on my back, a tucks pad on my butt and I'm praying for a couple hours of sleep!! Wish me luck!!

See y'all in the wee hours!

January 21st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Host of March '10 PR
To sleep or not to sleep is my question right now. Lucy will likely be up soon, and sometimes it's easier on me to just stay awake rather than sleep for 40 minutes and then have to get up.
mommysc2 and Mamayo like this.
January 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
I hear ya Rach. Sometimes it feels crappier to have had that taste of sleep and then have it taken away than to sleep at all.

We are trying a new routine of DH feeding her at 11:30 and I take over at 12. Idea is I will sleep till she gets up for her next feeding. Too bad she hasn fallen asleep between that time yet....

January 21st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Ugh. Well I got a little nap. Little girl decided she wanted to wake up. Thought she was hungry...turns out I think she just wanted to poop!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 01:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Up for my first feeding...it's almost 1:30 a.m. ...as he's gnawing on my boob I keep thinking of how's I hate the 3:30 and the 5:30 feedings I feel like crying every time I wake up to feed him lol. If only I could just feed him at 1:30 and say 6:30-7:30... Ahhh now that would be perfect! Maybe someday
I hope everyone else is getting some rest!

January 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Vivi actually slept 4 hours. I am in shock! Of course her going down now is too much to ask for. I'm trying to disengage but little miss just wants to stare at me! Close those eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4bby View Post
Up for my first feeding...it's almost 1:30 a.m. ...as he's gnawing on my boob I keep thinking of how's I hate the 3:30 and the 5:30 feedings I feel like crying every time I wake up to feed him lol. If only I could just feed him at 1:30 and say 6:30-7:30... Ahhh now that would be perfect! Maybe someday
I hope everyone else is getting some rest!
Those hours are the worst. I agree I feel so much better when the sun comes up. Trying to remember it's only temporary.
Hoping4bby likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
This too shall pass...right? Right???

We made it a little longer than two hours. But at least during that time I got good rest. Not much, but I was actually asleep. Even better...asleep in the same bed with my husband! Haven't slept in the same bed (well at least all night) in quite some time.

I keep joking that we just need our own rooms! Not really..but sometimes I feel that way! lol
I'd have a very girly room with Sarah Beth.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:00 AM
Tonight was the first night we slept in the same bed too! We've been bed hopping messes with this chick but last night was better actually. It's more the monitor than anything that causes room changes

Oh if Vivi and I shared a room it would be so Parisan chic

January 22nd, 2013, 02:16 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Even though he slept I was all paranoid mama checking on him. Hes never slept this hard! Well, never as in the 4 days hes been alive.

I twist all funny in bed earlier too and now my incision site is killing me.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Even though he slept I was all paranoid mama checking on him. Hes never slept this hard! Well, never as in the 4 days hes been alive.

I twist all funny in bed earlier too and now my incision site is killing me.
I did that a few times. Honestly take it easy and don't over do it and you'll heal faster. At about the 8 or 9 day mark I started feeling like I was takin a turn for the better but I can still overdo it at times.

Motrin helps!

January 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Late night bump.

Not sure why this hasn't been stickied yet, usually those mods work super fast Let me go check on it.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:26 AM
Ok I just slept 10-3. I'm in shock.

This new system is definitely working (DH up with her till 12, last feeding at 11:15ish).

Sweet baby let this trend continue!

January 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Woohoo!

I totally skipped out on this thread last night! Went to bed early, left baby girl with daddy to rock her to sleep! I think she got up two or three times but I didn't look at the clock...I was determined not to know the exact times! lol

January 25th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Good for you Tyra! Get some sleep girl!

My DH and I actually switched off last night and he took 12-5 so I could get some sleep and I just got up to pump and then my mom offered to take the baby for the early am. Back to sleep for me (and I desperately need it. Totally hit an emotional wall last night and need to recharge and get back in the game)

January 25th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Anybody out there?

Oh what a night.

My kid is projectile vomiting. I'm so defeated right now. Two hours later and I *think* she's falling asleep finally.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search