Funny "In the midnight hour" stories?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 5 Post By LadieBug

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There have to be others out there that have some funny stuff happen while tending to the babes at night. I have a couple for starters...

A couple nights ago I was up feeding Latham and he apparently spit up all over my shoulder...well..I cleaned him up and got him back to be only to leave the spit up all over my shirt and went back to bed. DH(poor guy) rolled over for some morning snuggles a few hours later and immediately heaved from the smell. HAHA.
Also..I have attempted to fill the bottle with powder fomula at night and completely dumped it everywhere but the bottle.

February 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha so funny about the spit up! Poor DH!

The other night I stumbled into the kitchen and poored DS1 a sippy cup full of milk and was going to take it back to him because I heard Marshall fussing and was still half asleep that I thought it was Sawyer and that he needed milk LOL right after I poured it Marshall started really crying which brought me to reality and I was wondering what in the world I was doing haha and I then managed to fix him a bottle like I was supposed to do in the first place!

February 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
No funny stories to recall but ...

"In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more
With a rebel yell she cried more, more, more"

Sorry! Big 80's fan...had to be done
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Obviously I'm so sleep deprived I can't even spell poured correctly LOL
WENDYLL22 likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH, spit up smell is the worst! Taylor spit up on my shoulder last night when I was burping her. My solution was to take my shirt off and just go to bed like that. I guess digging out another shirt was just too much trouble.
WENDYLL22 likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDYLL22 View Post
Also..I have attempted to fill the bottle with powder fomula at night and completely dumped it everywhere but the bottle.
Yep, I did that last night, formula ended up all over my bed and pillow. That sad thing is that as I was pouring it into the bottle I thought "that would suck if I spilled it all over the bed" haha! Yep, it did suck.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
February 8th, 2013, 06:00 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
A couple of nights ago I put the formula in a cup that was next to the bottle.

February 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Host of March '10 PR
When I get up in the middle of the night to feed Lucy, I keep the lights super dim. I often use my iPhone to help me see, and as I feed her I sometimes play around on my phone to keep me awake.
One night, I fed her, changed her, swaddled her back up and put her in her bassinet. I was looking everywhere for my phone. EVERYWHERE. I finally found it- I had swaddled it up with Lucy!!
February 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Late one night I made a bottle for Joshua only i forgot to put the powder in so it was basically a bottle of warm water but thankfully i noticed before he started eating

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
February 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
No funny stories to recall but ...

"In the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more
With a rebel yell she cried more, more, more"

Sorry! Big 80's fan...had to be done

Same here...although I couldn't recall this song and just kept wondering if I was posting something dirty!! HA

February 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
I went to change a poopy diaper, and the moment I got a new one on, I heard and felt her poop again. I changed it, and AS I was putting the new one on, she pooped again! 3 diapers in 90 seconds!

It was only funny because I was SOOOO tired!
February 12th, 2013, 10:04 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
My 4am (yesterday morning) FB post:

Spilling a 20 oz. container of premixed formula all over the kitchen floor, area rug, and yourself (insert choice expletives here) then emerging from the laundry room to find that the little glass of formula you heated for "20 seconds" is boiling and STILL heating up (insert more expletives here), all while your 3 1/2 week old waits patiently for you to bring her her much anticipated bottle at 4am... Yep, epic parenting fail moment(s) right here. This girl needs to go back to sleep and try again.

Yep... totally happened.

It set me up to have a completely klutz filled day. I'm still exhausted... I managed to knock a lotion bottle that has a pump off the changing table, it landed on it's pump and sprayed lotion all over the front of the changing table... oy.

My whole day was like that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search