Valentine's for DH

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By d_tops

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
I have no idea what to do for DH for Valentine's day! I want to do something really special because he has been AMAZING the past 2 weeks! I'm so grateful for him and I want to show him that. I suck at thinking of good gifts or special things.

What are you doing/getting for your DH?

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
February 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea I suck at this too. I always get chocolate covered strawberries!! But I'm terrible about coming up with ideas for my dh. He doesn't have any hobbies so its hard to get him something. Gifts aren't really his thing...

February 9th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Dee
We usually just do cards, if we remember. This year I might make him a handprint Valentine with the baby's handprints in the (general) shape of a heart, or something equally cheesy.
mommysc2 likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 11:42 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yikes. I just realized that this is next week! My inlaws will be here and they are suggesting that DH and I go out for dinner while they watch the baby. Not sure I will want to do that but we will see. Our best friend and his GF will be here too so not sure how nice that would be. Maybe I will make a homemade valentine from Baxter.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 10th, 2013, 01:10 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
We usually don't do anything for valentines day. We had discussed going to dinner just because we feel like we need to do something for us, but I don't think that's going to happen.

February 10th, 2013, 01:28 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
We'll probably dtd lol. Last year I got him a card, his favorite candy, and a stuffed lion (he calls me little lion because of my bed head!). I have a pink (mauve-ish) dress that I haven't worn and he got 2 New suits for his birthday so it would be nice to try to go out but who knows.

February 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I usually just get him a box of chocolate.....I ordered myself something that prob won't come until after V-Day and told him that I ordered myself my V-Day gift from you....lol!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 10th, 2013, 10:09 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is going to be away for work for Valentine's day this year, but I was able to sneak a chocolate heart and 2 cards in his bag before he left last night. I always get him 2 cards, one funny and one serious...its kind of like our tradition. We dont usually go all out for Valentine's Day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
February 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bringing this thread back up!!!

Still no idea why I'm getting/doing for dh...

February 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I'm having an issue knowing what to get for my DH as well! He never wants anything or even eludes to wanting something! I will be having Parker make him a card with heart shaped foot prints and I'll be buying him a card. We're in the middle of buying new furniture and a new TV with our tax return so he said that the TV will be his valentine's gift but that's kind of a cop out I thought! Ah well..I'll get him some small things I guess but men are so hard to buy for!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
LovelyMama's Avatar Veteran
Location: Military Wife ~ living everywhere my hubby is needed :-)
ahhh...this is in two days!! I haven't done anything yet. Time to get on it :-) Evan will be two weeks tomorrow and I still in limbo. I think it's a good excuse...

My hubby love cigars, whiskey and bourbon, ufc stuff and any sort of activity out on the town. I thought about doing something off livingsocial - they had a hot air balloon ride half off but it sold out.
February 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Veteran
We normally do cards and some small gift nothing big. Hard after christmas and then January is our anniversary so hard to come up with another gift. This years we will be cooking a nice dinner together. He wants to do steak on the grill and i will do the sides! Will try to an almost 3 yr old to bed as well as a 6 week old. We will see if that works. If so we will have a romantic night downstairs while the kids are sleeping upstairs! Hope it works out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search