Afterpains :/

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jules_loves_beaches
  • 1 Post By windywoodsmama
  • 1 Post By lovelyenchanted
  • 1 Post By Hoping4bby
  • 1 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By LadieBug

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 02:35 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like my second pregnancy should have come with a warning tag reading: "afterpains will be 1000x worse than those following your first pregnancy"

with DS1 I had maybe a few cramps and that is it. Following this delivery though the pains have been terrible!! For the first week following his birth I had to remind myself that, no i wasnt in labor because Felix had already been born... and now almost 4 weeks after delivery they still slap me in the face while I breastfeed. I seriously wanna vomit sometimes they are such a shock to my system
thankfully they now only happen while breastfeeding.

Anyone else have icky terrible not so fun afterpains??

February 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Expecting #1
I did for about a week, now I get them here and there but they feel like minor period cramps. I'm 6 weeks pp and still breastfeeding.
nursingmama likes this.

February 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Veteran
I have had agonizing afterpains with all babies since my second. They feel super-unfair after having done the work of having the baby. Mine only last about 3 days though... it's really crummy you're still having them when he nurses!!
nursingmama likes this.
February 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I think it is unfair also lol. My dr. said that for some people they will last up to 6-8wks :O im guessing i will be one of "those people" since at 4wks out im still having them pretty badly

February 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I've only had minor period cramps so far, but I only pumped for about 2 weeks. C-section and recovery wise, this one wasn't any worse than my first.

Now, I think the pregnancy itself should have had that warning... I had a LOT more cramping and pain this pregnancy than I did with my first, which my OB said was totally normal for subsequent pregnancies.
nursingmama likes this.

February 11th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are still having pains like that. Mine lasted for the first two weeks but now they have calmed down! I hope they get better soon!
nursingmama likes this.

February 11th, 2013, 07:22 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh man! My bf crampy pains only lasted about a week, but they really really hurt. Overall, my recovery this time has been a cinch compared with DS.

February 12th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly thought I may have been pregnant withh twins and there was still one in there for at least a 7 hours after I had Mika...the after pain was as intense as the labour was. It was horrid and scary.

But after a couple of days they were completely gone.

I'm really sorry you are still suffering through them.
nursingmama likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Wow, I'm sorry you are still experiencing the pains. I'd like to say they should die down soon, but since its already been 4 weeks I'm not sure if that's still considered "normal"? Are you taking any pain meds? Even just motrin or something,m that's what they gave me in the hospital to take home after birth since its safe for BF'ing.
You could always ask your OB, and if you can bear it for a few more weeks, bring it up at your 6 wk PP visit?
Good luck, hope you find some relief soon.
nursingmama likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
Wow, I'm sorry you are still experiencing the pains. I'd like to say they should die down soon, but since its already been 4 weeks I'm not sure if that's still considered "normal"? Are you taking any pain meds? Even just motrin or something,m that's what they gave me in the hospital to take home after birth since its safe for BF'ing.
You could always ask your OB, and if you can bear it for a few more weeks, bring it up at your 6 wk PP visit?
Good luck, hope you find some relief soon.
yeah my ob said its normal for some women to have them 6-8wks following birth. I take Ibuprofen when they get really bad but mostly try to just deal with them since they are only coming when I breastfeed now. I had them nonstop for the first 2 weeks after Felix was born and was taking a lot of ibuprofen then so I want to minimize how much I take now because it is really bad for you lol, I guess I just have a stubborn uterus that doesnt wanna shrink

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search