Bath routine

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
How often do you give your lo a bath?

What kind of product do you use?

Does anybodys lo actually like bath time?

February 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bathe every other day. I do a wet cloth wipe down of her face, neck, and wherever else spit up has occurred. When we bathe I use aveeno baby shampoo and wash in one stuff. I just don't use it on her face because its really sensitive and prone to baby pimples. After I use aveeno baby moisturizer on her feet that tend to get dry and then brush her hair because it gets super crazy afterwards!

Oh I forgot to mention usually Vivi screams through a majority of it although she likes her new bath a lot better. It's some Summer Spa Bath that we got on sale and it has a soft piece you can put in to make her more comfortable. It's designed for when they are small and lack head support.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; February 11th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
February 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Dee
He gets a water sponge bath each morning, and then a proper bath every third night (so far). Once he can sit up and I can bathe him in the sink, it will probably be more often.

I use the California Baby bath soap and shampoo combination, and their lavender lotion afterwards.

Now that I have some practice, he doesn't hate it. He hollers getting in and getting out (because he's naked and hates that), but once he's in and I'm washing him, he's pretty calm about it.
February 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every 2-3 days and I use Johnson bedtime bath. Hope is doing much better in the bath and seems to enjoy it now. She only gets mad when I take her out and she gets cold.

February 11th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker gets a bath every 2-3 days and wiped down daily. We use Johnson and Johnson for his body and hair. When we first started bathing him we were definitely careful about the temperature of the water and he wailed the entire time. So we warmed it up a bit and now he actually enjoys bath time besides getting in initially. Apparently Parker just enjoys hot baths lol.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 11th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Nugget0612's Avatar First time Mommy
I bathe my lo every other day and use Johnson's head to toe. I clean her face and neck everyday with just a warm washcloth. She absolutely loves her bathes doesn't even cry when I put her in or take her out. I think she's gonna be a water bug
February 11th, 2013, 07:23 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
We bathe about every 3rd day. We use Johnson's baby wash (just the basic yellow stuff -- I have some of the night time purple bottle which I LOVE, but haven't opened yet.) or California Baby Calming. Afterward we use Shea Moisture lotion or California Baby Calendula lotion/cream.

Lauryn does NOT like the bath. She's fine when I set her in the water, but as soon as I start to do any washing, she cries. As soon as she's out and wrapped up, the crying stops.

If she needs cleaning between baths I will use just a wet washcloth, or Mustela Physiobebe (no-rinse cleanser) for things like if she has a particularly stinky diaper.

February 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I was bathing on Saturdays only but now I bathe Evan Saturdays and Tuesdays.

We use regular old J&J.

The worst part for Evan is his head.I think it being wrapped in a hooded towel is worst than washing it! Otherwise he's very calm in the tub. He's only peed once and shot straight out of the tub!

February 11th, 2013, 08:32 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i bathe feix every 2-3 days and use johnson and johnson soap. Felix hated baths at first but then i tried a different bathing technique (that mommy2remington posted on her facebook) and to my surprise Felix now LOVES baths

February 11th, 2013, 09:02 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We just got clearance to start real baths this week. Baxter hated his first one! I think I will try making the water a touch warmer next time. We use California Baby calming shampoo/wash. We also have CB lotion but we are using Aquaphor on his feet right now because they are very dry still.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 12th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Expecting #1
Ember absolutely LOVES bathtime. We do it everyday, but wash her hair every other day. I talked to the pedi about this and she said to go for it as long as Ember skin stays hydrated. We do a nightly baby massage afterward. I use nighttime J&J bath and lotion.

February 12th, 2013, 06:02 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
How often do you give your lo a bath? I give Sophia a full bath every 3-4 days.

What kind of product do you use? I use Avenno Baby Wash and Shampoo

Does anybodys lo actually like bath time? Yes, she loves it!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Do you ladies use a newborn sling with your tub k or just put them in the tub?

February 12th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Dee
We have a seat like this that I put in the infant tub on the counter:

(infant bath seat by primo)

I wrap him in a receiving blanket when we head to the bath, and then leave the receiving blanket under him to give him some traction on the seat. I still have my hand on him the whole time, but this way I don't have to physically hold him up. He had some neck control before I started doing this.
February 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just gave Lincoln his first bath in the big tub this morning and he loved it SO much more than the little baby bath. I had just been using the small baby bath and doing a lot of wet wash cloths etc. up until this morning. Well he projectile vomited all over both of us this morning so I thought it was time we both got into the bath together, lol. I let him float mostly submerged in the water and he was sooo calm, closed his eyes and just seemed to love it. Then after we got out I stuck him inside my robe against my skin and he snuggled up and fell asleep. He's been sleeping so well today, I think being submerged in the warm water really relaxed him.

February 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wait what does Keri do that made bathtime easier NursingMama?

Also, my MIL said that with her other grandchild she puts a warm washcloth on her chest while bathing her to keep some warmth on her and that seems to calm her. I'm thinking maybe Vivi just doesn't like being cold (or being anywhere but strapped to my chest lol)

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
February 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I take Thomas in the shower with me about twice a week, and he likes it just fine. We use the Angel Baby wash that Tyra gave us (thanks again, Tyra!), so he smells all edible when we get out.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
February 12th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomama View Post
I take Thomas in the shower with me about twice a week, and he likes it just fine. We use the Angel Baby wash that Tyra gave us (thanks again, Tyra!), so he smells all edible when we get out.
He gets so slippery I'd be afraid to drop him. How do you it? (This sounds really convenient to me.)
February 12th, 2013, 12:39 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Eli gets a bath every 3-4 days. We're still using the mesh sling which is starting to look a bit ridiculous because of how big he is now

We put the bathtub in the sink and I use the sprayer (on very low gentle spray) and he looks absolutely stoned when I rinse him.

I also keep a warm washcloth over his chest and boy parts to keep him warm while I wash the rest of him.

We use Johnson's stuff and then he gets a lavender lotion massage afterwards- ahh the good life!

February 13th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Veteran
Jett loves the water! Bath or shower!

She's only had one sink bath with DH and I both helping, otherwise it's all been in the shower or bath with me. I just use J&J on her hair/body about twice a week.

Here's the shower routine that works for me - if DH is around to help it goes a little more smoothly - Make sure the bathroom is nice a warm. I get all ready for the shower, then strip her down to her diaper and wrap her in a towel right outside of the shower. Then I get in the shower and wash my hair, shave legs, etc. (My LO doesn't mind laying there for a few minutes, alternatively, sometimes when DH is around I'll ask him to strip her down after I've been in the shower long enough to wash my hair - don't want my shampoo in her eyes!) Then after I'm washed, I'll reach out of the shower and take her diaper off and bring her in. I hold her laying in my arms, supported by one arm while grabbing her thigh/butt (yes, sometimes there is poo everywhere). I then turn her toward the shower and rinse her off and then using the other hand I wash her with the washcloth. I like to linger in there because she is so happy. I love sitting in the bath with her too. I'll shower first, then rinse her, then plug the drain and fill the bathtub up just enough to let her body free float while I hold her head. She loves it! I feel like we could be in there forever and she would be happy. Sometimes I'll even nurse her while we sit in there. Then when we're ready to get out, it's another quick rinse in the shower, then I lay her in the towel that she was wrapped up in before and put a towel around my hair. Then is a quick dry off for her and diapering. Then usually she gets swaddled in just her diaper while I get dried off myself. Makes for a happy and clean mom and baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search