Cribs?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mojomama
  • 1 Post By JennyBaby2013

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Expecting #1
Is your little one in a crib in another room?
If not, when will you transition him/her?
How do you plan to transition?

Do you have a crib mobile or a soother for the crib so LO can watch while they fall asleep? Which one?

February 12th, 2013, 06:56 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy

No... she has one, but I'm too paranoid to put her in there by herself yet. I've read that babies who sleep in the same room as their parent(s) are 50% less likely to die of SIDS. And I'm a HUGE worrier.

Plus, as soon as I get her in it, she starts fussing (even if she had been completely asleep). By the time I make it back to my bed, she's crying.

If not, when will you transition him/her?

No idea... MIL thinks she should have been in her crib from day 1. I don't think she's old enough that I won't be able to break the room sharing habit. (Plus I read in another thread that someone's Dr. told them babies are too young to form bad habits right now... But I don't know at what age that changes.)

SIDS risk drops significantly at 6 months. At this point, part of me feels like I'd like to keep her in my room that long. Part of me thinks I will transition when she sleeps all night. I just don't know yet. As long as DF and I feel that it's right for her to be in our room, that's where she'll be.

How do you plan to transition?

Again, I haven't the slightest idea... With ODD, I lived with my mom until she was 16 months old, so her bassinet and crib were both in my room all the time (we shared a room). So going from bassinet to crib was no big deal at all. By the time I moved out and she had her own room, she had no problem sleeping in a room by herself.

I DO think noise and a fan help her sleep, since that's how it is in our room, and she sleeps better in environments with lots of background noise in general (restaurants, the car, the store, etc.) so I will likely get either a sound machine or an ipod dock for her room, and a fan when we do transition.

Also, my aunt told me she used to roll receiving blankets and make little bolsters around her youngest DD, (at her sides, far enough from her face) so that she felt secure... so I may swaddle her and try that too.

I just don't know yet, lol.

Do you have a crib mobile or a soother for the crib so LO can watch while they fall asleep? Which one?

We have a mobile that she likes, but it isn't up right now. I need to find a replacement arm to hang it up, ours is broken. It's just the one that matches her bedding, made by NoJo.

February 12th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Dee
Is your little one in a crib in another room? Not yet. He's in a bassinet at the foot of our bed.

If not, when will you transition him/her? Maybe when he starts sleeping through the night, but I'm not sure yet. We'll have to put him in a crib when he outgrows the bassinet, but I'm not sure how that will work.

How do you plan to transition? I have no idea. Definitely a fan or white noise maker in his room. And it depends on his sleeping habits at that point. I may start by putting him in his crib for a nap each day while he gets used to it (and while I do, too), and then move to naps and nighttime.

Do you have a crib mobile or a soother for the crib so LO can watch while they fall asleep? Which one? I have a mobile, but it's not automatic. I'm not sure he's into mobiles yet, he doesn't seem interested in the one on his bassinet.
February 12th, 2013, 09:09 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Still in bassinet in our room. We will probably think about moving him in a few months but totally playing it by ear. No idea how we will do it though. He has a crib mobile from Carter's that I think is called summer safari. It plays music and spins. I have another one that is cute but doesn't do anything for when he is old enough to grab at the Carter's one which is attached to the crib. The other one I have will hang from the ceiling.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Is your little one in a crib in another room? No, in a bassinet in our room

If not, when will you transition him/her? 2-5months. Depeding on when he sleeps through the night, we get in a routine and I feel comfortable with it.

How do you plan to transition? Prob just put him in there and see how it goes

Do you have a crib mobile or a soother for the crib so LO can watch while they fall asleep? Which one? I dont' have one. May get one though
February 12th, 2013, 11:51 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I gave away my crib ages ago because it never got used. My babies stay in bed with me for the first two years or so, and it isn't a big deal to transition them at that point. They're generally pretty excited to go share with the big kids. they usually start by taking naps in the big kid bed, ad eventually decide to move there at night too.
alicia1984 likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
February 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy

Yes. Has been from day one. Am I the only one here that did that?

Not yet...I'm looking for the perfect one. My MIL found the Rainforest Soother for us at a garage sale and it just needs batteries.

February 12th, 2013, 01:40 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post

Yes. Has been from day one. Am I the only one here that did that?
I tried... but she would fuss, plus I'm a scaredy-cat. We have the Tommee Tippee video monitor that also has the movement sensor pad that alarms when there is no movement in 20 seconds (which includes breathing) and it went off EVERY time I used it. So paranoid me is thinking "What if she's really stopping breathing?!" So, I just kept her with me... I know it was malfunctioning though (and I even exchanged it and the new one did the same thing) because I WATCHED her breathing, and the alarm was STILL going off. I moved it numerous times, and it still did it. Just freaked me out too much.

So, no, you're not really alone. My original plan was a bassinet, then we decided straight to the crib. Then after my monitor mishap, my paranoid brain just kept her with me.

February 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my bedroom is on the first floor, and the nursery is upstairs. right now harvey and all his stuff is in our bedroom and in the living room. he hasnt even seen his nursery yet, lol! he also sleeps in bed with us- he cant stand laying on his back unless im physically cuddling him... i cant wait til he can though, i havent slept well in a month!
February 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even have a crib set up anywhere. I have a bassinet that she does not like. I also have a pack and play w/a papisan type seat in it and she does not like that either. I swore I wasn't going to cosleep with this one but after you keep getting the baby to sleep, putting her down, and 1-5 mins later she's crying and you lather, rinse, repeat you just kind of go with what works so you get some rest.

I am going to keep trying to put her in her own bed as time goes on b/c we had a hard time transitioning all our other children out of our bed but for now I love having her close to me.
Lyndsey2013 likes this.
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search