child care

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Does everyone have something in place?
I go back to work March 11th and my care isn't 100% yet. I'm on the waiting list for care on base. Cost is based off of what you make and I think we'll be paying somewhere between $75 and $100 per week. Now we have this new guy in my office whose wife is a sahm but also expecting in April. . Anyway he says she may be interested in watching Evan. I think that'll work out great because some weeks I can have a show time of 6am sometimes 11pm! She's going to do the training required to do in home care in March. I know it'll all work out but I feel like I'm pushing the time line.

February 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
My daycare fell through. Now I'm trying to find something I'm my price range because this lady was super affordable. Everything else I've found is about $75-125 more a week. It makes me absolutely sick. I don't know what we're going to do.

February 13th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah our day care options are too expensive right now, so I decided to hold off on school til the summer and stay home with him. I wish child care wouldn't cost as much as our rent each month!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I know!! It's more than my mortgage - it's ridiculous!!

February 13th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran
I'm thankful I can stay home with my kids. I do babysit fit moms that have to work
February 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
Right now I am lucky that I work from home and I can have Shelby home with me. I am looking for a new job starting the end of the summer (when DS goes to kinder) and have started looking to put Shelby on a waitlist for then just incase I do get a new job. I am totally dreading putting her in daycare but we have no family or know someone that watches kids.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

February 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have no family in Arizona with us and dont know too many people here so I work the night shift part time. This allows me to stay at home during the day to watch the boys while DH is in school/at work. Then while I work at night he is home with the boys. I wish I could stay home full time but it isnt in the cards right now and I would prefer to work days but daycare is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE and we could never afford it.

February 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Dee
We have a day care spot set up for April. I've been working while he naps, but I'm looking forward to having some time to work for many hours at a time so I don't have to juggle his care with emails, etc. It is tremendously expensive, though. And I'm not 100% thrilled with the place (it's fine, it's safe, but it's cramped and makes me feel a little sad).

I have a feeling we won't stick with day care too long, and we'll probably come up with another approach. I don't want to be a SAHM, but I can imagine that happening. We'll see.
February 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Childcare is insane. I had dd in day are a few days a week only so she could be around other kids. It cost over $80 and i was fed up with them be ause they would never tell me what she did all day and she sulked when we would drop her off. So when she broke her leg daycare said they couldnt take care of her and i wound up breaking the contract. Fast forward to now i have three kids. My husband and i work opposite shifts. I work 32 hours a week 3 to 11:30 pm and we just have mil watch kids a couple hours a week... Maybe an hour and a half a day at most. I am probably going to to third shift once kids are a little older. When mil cant watch them someone else usually is. Hope it stays that way.

February 13th, 2013, 10:10 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
That's crazy they didn't update you about your own child. That's the thing about military child care though, it's so regulated. There's cameras and they give you daily reports on what happened. Hopefully my coworkers wife will watch Evan. I like the idea of him being in a smaller group. I think on base there's like a limit of 12 children per "class". In her home she's allowed 5 I believe.

February 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH stays home with them. I'm a little nervous for him to be home with 2, but he's wonderful with kids so he'll be fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search