Sophia's 6 week Well Checkup/Reflux Follow-Up

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar
  • 1 Post By minalyn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
So, today Sophia had her 6 week well check-up and reflux follow-up. Well, she is actually 5 weeks 3 days

Sophia is doing GREAT!! She is 8.8 pounds and 20 3/4 inches. Her head is meauring perfect too! The pedi said she is exactly where she should be. Everything else was perfect and he loved her grip when he offered his finger to her.....he said she had a really strong grip.....

We discussed her reflux. I explained to him how the Zantac has been working for about 90% of her symptoms. I also discussed with him about her very soft sometimes watery stools. He wasn't concerned at all. Actually, her last 2 BM's were normal. He said a newborn baby's stools do that and as long as it's not diaherrea numerous times a day and that she is wetting her diapers, eating well and not sick then no need for concern. She really does go 1 or 2 times a day. So, we are keeping her on the Zantac. Right now she is on 0.5 ml 2 times a day, he said the dose increases with weight and now she can take 0.7 ml twice a day but if she is doing fine then to leave her at the lower dose and to increase if she gets worse. Hopefully, she won't have to be on it too long. We are also keeping her on her formula which is Enfamil Newborn. I explained to him that she gets gas, not everyday but when she does get it it's pretty bad...he said I can give gas drops/gripe water and it will not interfere with her Zantac and I can give before every feeding or as needed just as long as I don't go over the recommend daily allowance. We were only giving it to her once a day or less before so that is prob why it wasn't working. He dosen't feel any need to change her formula unless gas drops don't work for her. She seems very content though after eating. She had her 2nd Hep B vaccine and boy she didn't like that....LOL!!

So, it was a great appointment, I feel so much better now that I spoke to him about all my concerns and we go back in 2 weeks.......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 13th, 2013, 08:41 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Fantastic news Gina! It sounds like you are on the right track with everything. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease a bit
mommysc2 likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 10:02 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Sounds like things are on the up!
mommysc2 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search