Dieting and Exercise

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Have you had your PP doctor visit yet?

Have you been cleared for dieting and exercise?

If you are dieting and exercising, are you following a plan or just watching what you eat?

Any recommendations?

I had my visit today and everything looks good. I am 155 pounds . I was 120 before I got pregnant! I really want to lose these 30 pounds but there is no way of me getting to the gym with a baby. I need to do something though!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my PP visit at 4 weeks, and my dr. just told me to wait until a little closer to 6 weeks to start the heavy stuff (we are doing p90x and it's intense). I'm planning to start next week. I'm looking forward to it and I'm dreading it. Mostly I'm just dreading finding time for it, I enjoy the workouts and I especially love how I feel after.

I went on an all out junk food binge after Linc was born; my mom was here and she is such a junk food eater, and she filled our house with cookies and things and I couldn't help myself. I was feeling pretty disgusted with how fat my face looked, so as soon as she left we cut out all the junk and went back to our healthy diet and I can already tell my face is thinner. I'm excited to get into shape. I want to lose about 50 lbs.

February 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont go for 3 more weeks. I went on the NICU diet and lost almost all the baby weight...and then came home and added 4 pounds. I cant win. I need to get to a gym.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
I don't have my pp until 6 weeks out, but I started light work-outs at two weeks for my own sanity. I'm doing low impact elipical (we have on in the basement so at least it helps with finding time), some easy abdominal exercises (not sit ups, more just sucking in while doing light movements on the birthing ball or captain's chair), and some push-ups to help my core without actually doing sit-ups. I had some abdominal muscle separation, but it seems better, so I'm thinking about adding sit-ups now that I'm at 4 weeks pp.

I exercised my whole pregnancy, so this is not hard for me. I'm listening to my body, and not doing anything uncomfortable and I haven't been sore.

I gained 35lbs during pregnancy, and have lost all by 9. I haven't lost a single lb in a week, so it was all upfront.

I'm not "dieting" as I am breastfeeding and I get shaky if I don't have enough calories. I'm supplementing with whey protein, and eating about 2000 calories a day. I'm trying to focus on high protein or fruit/veggie calories, and not sugars or fried foods.

I feel really great compared to what I thought I would feel like, but can't wear my pre-pregancy clothes yet.

My husband and I even got over-zealous and DTD at about 2.5 weeks PP. I still had stitches, but they didn't hurt. I regretted it the next day however, as I was more uncomfortable down there than in the days right after I left the hospital, and we haven't tried again.

I'm inpatient. I can't help myself. I can't just sit around for 6 weeks pretending I'm "broken" if I feel fine and my body says I can handle things (except doing the deed- maybe in a few more days).
February 15th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I've just been watching what I eat for almost 2wks and have lost 4lbs. I've tried counting calories before and I hate it so this time I'm going to allow myself to eat out and have chocolate on occasion but when I do, I limit myself or get something healthy when we eat out, also not over eating and not eating if I'm not hungry. I have to do it this way or I'd never stick to it if I couldn't treat myself to sweets and dinner every once in a while.

I am also going to go to the gym, eventually! I've been trying to get around to go and check one out and see about the prices for a week now and havent' made it there. I told myself as long as it's not icy in the AM I'm going tomorrow to see about it. I've never went to a gym before, partly because of money and other partly because I feel like I'm going to be the only fat one in there and I"ll be embarrassed but I'm just going to have to suck it up because I gotta lose about 80lbs!
February 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Veteran
I gained 22lbs, lost 15lbs 2 weeks after birth, but now am back up 4 more lbs, and it's not wanting to go anywhere. I'm EBFing and not eating junk, but still the weight isn't budging. I think it's that I haven't really been able to get out and do much at all with LO -- just too cold! I'm just sitting around too much.

I would love to get into a routine that includes some sort of exercise. For SAHMs, do you ask DH to watch LO so that you can exercise?
February 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlebaby27 View Post
I gained 22lbs, lost 15lbs 2 weeks after birth, but now am back up 4 more lbs, and it's not wanting to go anywhere. I'm EBFing and not eating junk, but still the weight isn't budging. I think it's that I haven't really been able to get out and do much at all with LO -- just too cold! I'm just sitting around too much.

I would love to get into a routine that includes some sort of exercise. For SAHMs, do you ask DH to watch LO so that you can exercise?
My DH works 2nd so I plan to go to the gym in the AM so he can watch them
February 15th, 2013, 06:31 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you had your PP doctor visit yet?
Yes. I gained 38 lbs during pregnancy. I started at 150, which is a few more lbs than I would like to be not pregnant. I am 159 now so I have about 9lbs to go to pre Vivi weight, but I'd like to get down to between 144-147

Have you been cleared for dieting and exercise?
Yes...unfortunately lol

If you are dieting and exercising, are you following a plan or just watching what you eat?

I am doing the good during the day, crash and burn at night. I am really trying to be better so that I don't have to go on some insane diet, it's just hard! I'm trying to eat smaller meals and have healthy snacks at the ready so that I am not as tempted for junk food. I am also trying to work in more exercise into my daily life with baby like l long walks and doing little things like crunches and light weights when she is peaceful and sleeping (in my ideal world). I also want to work in my Body by Bethanny Yoga DVD twice a week, just don't know when yet!

Any recommendations?

I think it's always less daunting just working in excercise and eating healthy into your daily routine, not drastically alterting your life. Also I totally recommend Ezekiel (sp) bread. It is in the freezer aisle, but it's a complete protein bread and I put some organic natural peanut butter and a banana on it in the am and it really helps keep me full and satisfied! It comes in different varieties too.

I'm also going to try this. Good way to interact with baby and work out at the same time (we'll see if it works!)

The Mommy-and-Me Workout

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; February 15th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
February 15th, 2013, 08:53 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only 2 weeks PP, but I think they wanted me to schedule my appointment for 3 weeks out so I should probably get that done soon. I haven't really done any real dieting or exercise, unless you count the 2 days of barely eating from being sick. I bet I dropped another 4-5 lbs just in those 2 days.

My DH keeps asking me to do Turbofire or something with him, and as good as I DO feel only 2 weeks out, he doesn't seem to understand that I need to ease back into exercise, especially if I start something this early. I've been overdoing it just around the house... I wish it were warmer out so I could go walking outside.

February 15th, 2013, 08:54 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not planning on making a PP visit... I just waited til I stopped bleeding to work out. I'm doing yoga and jogging with my Wii... And some hula hooping and step aerobics today! I do cleaning duri g the morning nap and work out in the afternoon. The other kids like to run nd do yoga with me, so that's fun.
We'll probably get more active and go places and whatnot when it gets warm. The baby and I hate the cold :-)

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (12), Selene (8), Garvin (6), Gwen (3), Thomas (21m), and a bonus surprise, due 29 June 2015
February 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I don't have my pp appt til march 7, which is when I'll be cleared for strenuous exercise. At my 2 week appt they said I could start doing what ever exercise I was doing st the end of my pregnancy, so basically walking and yoga.

I gained about 25 pounds during my pregnancy and I lost about all of it except for a couple of pounds. I did gain about 10 while ttcing, so I still have to lose that.

I don't plan on dieting, at least not right away. Iwill start working out ad soon as I can. I can't wait to start my zumba class again! Next week max and I will start walking at the Y again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search