formula...epic fail...any suggestions???

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By mamaginger

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
SparksFly1986's Avatar Veteran
My pediatrician is out of the office until the 25th and her on call doctor is so rude we went to see her last Thursday and she gave me a 330 appointment I was finally seen at 5...after all of her patients. So frustrating...well anyway elle started on enfamil powder and hated it so we moved her to the concentrate which she loved but she is lactose intolerant so we moved her to prosobee (soy) just to find another allergy that's when we saw the doctor who put her on similac alimentum she refused to drink it we went back and she was put on nutrimigen and her face rashed out causing spots that went as far as her scalp. So we called the doctor who said she doesn't know wait for my doctor and give her pedialyte. Before I could think she hung up...a week of formula??? Seriously??? She is still under birth weight pedialyte will not put the weight she needs on her...any suggestions??? Other formulas I'm overlooking maybe?
February 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
EleCare, maybe?

It's hypoallergenic as well. I believe it can be harder to find. If you need to try it, I would get on their website to find a store then call and see if they carry it.

February 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess it isn't over the counter, but some pharmacies will order it for you. Same for Neocate (same thing hifferent brand). Nutramigen still has milk proteins in it, so maybe that's the issue. They're broken down, but still there, so they can still trigger allergic reactions in some babies.

February 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I don't have any suggestions bc I don't know much about the different kinds of formula, but what a bummer they sent you off without much real advice. Could you try for a second opinion somewhere?
MammaWannaBe and mommysc2 like this.
February 17th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What about this? It is recommanded for 1 year olds and over...but it may be good as a last resort.

VIVONEX® PEDIATRIC ELEMENTAL POWDER

or

http://abbottnutrition.com/Products/elecare-jr

But honestly she needs to be on TPN if she can not tolerate these formulas. There is no way she can be a week with proper nutrition.

Mykelti James 01.21.13

Last edited by Briar08; February 17th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
February 18th, 2013, 04:57 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long did you try the Nutramigen? I'm just wondering if the reaction may have been delayed from previous formulas. My son had a milk allergy and we used Nutramigen after breastfeeding for a year since he couldn't start whole milk and had to have something to mix rice cereal with. He ended up drinking Rice Milk for a long time because he also had soy and nut allergies so no soy milk or almond milk. :/
Briar08 likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

February 18th, 2013, 05:50 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
What was wrong with the Alimentum? Did she not like the taste or did she get a reaction? My dr put us on a trial of this for a weekend and she didn't mind the taste but my dr said that many babies do not like the taste and if that was her case then to do half of the enfamil and half alimentum and then slowly wean her to full alimentum. So, if it's the taste then I would try that....Sorry you are going through this!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search