Reflux mommies?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where are your babies sleeping? I had Hope in a sleep and play rocker, but changed her to her pack n play last week because she seemed uncomfortable in the rocker. Well the first night in the pack n play was great, but everynight after has been not so good. She just seems so uncomfortable at night the last few weeks. Its either reflux or gas. Last night I was so exhausted I gave up and put her in her swing where she slept for 6 hours straight. Just wondering how you moms let your little one with reflux sleep at night? Also are they flat on their back or elevated?

Last edited by Babyschultz; February 18th, 2013 at 05:52 AM.
February 18th, 2013, 05:39 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In a baby Papasan "bouncy seat" set in the bassinet of the PNP.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

February 18th, 2013, 06:51 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia sleeps in her bassinrt but I have the mattress elevated. I put a few receiving blankets under the mattress so she is slighly elevated.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
We're doing the same thing we had to do with DD 6 years ago. Our pedi told us to keep her elevated by using the carseat and we've been doing the same with Eli. I tuck the buckles and straps in so that he can't get caught on them by pulling them taut and putting a folded receiving blanket on them. Then I put the carseat in the crib. He sleeps for 6-8 hrs at night and I don't have to worry about him being in pain from the reflux.

With DD we did this until she learned to roll over at about 5 or 6 months and by then her reflux was pretty much gone. Then we just transitioned her to the elevated mattress and pretty soon after we went flat.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did your DD do well with the trasition from the carseat to the crib?

Last edited by Babyschultz; February 18th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
February 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyschultz View Post
Did your DD do well with the trasition from the carseat to the crib well?
She did. We were worried about that but she did just fine. Hopefully little guy will do the same since we have the routine already established.

February 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker sleeps in a rock n play sleeper, but he wakes up frequently so I'm not sure if that's the best option. We tried him in his crib a few times and it worked great once but then went bad. I'm up to try anything if it'll make him sleep for longer than 2 hours!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 18th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
people, I am not kidding when I tell you to invest in a tucker sling and wedge!! it fits in your crib, can travel with you and it works!!!!!

~~terre~~
February 18th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Marshall's reflux was real bad and he would fuss alot in the bassinet we would put him in his carseat and he'd sleep really well. Now that it's not as bad he sleeps in his bassinet with the mattress elevated with a folded towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHerndon View Post
Parker sleeps in a rock n play sleeper, but he wakes up frequently so I'm not sure if that's the best option. We tried him in his crib a few times and it worked great once but then went bad. I'm up to try anything if it'll make him sleep for longer than 2 hours!
Try his carseat. Thats the only way DS1 would sleep good until he got about 3-4months

[QUOTE=swaddlestar;27106048]We're doing the same thing we had to do with DD 6 years ago. Our pedi told us to keep her elevated by using the carseat and we've been doing the same with Eli. I tuck the buckles and straps in so that he can't get caught on them by pulling them taut and putting a folded receiving blanket on them. Then I put the carseat in the crib. He sleeps for 6-8 hrs at night and I don't have to worry about him being in pain from the reflux.

QUOTE]

We did this too with DS1 and he sleep really well! I'd just sit him in his carseat and put it in the crib. This was after he was about 2months old though. When he was smaller I wasn't comfortable with him being in a different room so I'd just sit his carseat in the floor of our room.

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; February 18th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
February 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a reflux wedge in his pack and play. His reflux is worse during the day.

Mykelti James 01.21.13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search