Every. Two. Hours!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mojomama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else have a bad sleeper on their hands?? Parker is literally awake every two hours like clockwork no matter if it's day or night! If I let him sleep on my chest he can go for 3 hours but really we've never gotten longer than that. It also doesn't help that the two hours begins when he wakes up, so by the time he's done eating it's really only an hour and a half or less! It's killing me! He's no longer day/night confused I don't think since he goes right to bed and right back to sleep after feedings at night, but he just doesn't get through more than one round of sleep at a time! I don't know what to do! With him being 7 weeks old I thought maybe as he got heavier (now 9lbs, up from 4lbs 13oz at birth) he'd sleep longer, but no luck. Has anyone dealt with this before? Will he always be a bad sleeper? Anything I could possibly do to encourage longer sleep times? I've tried white noise (which he does like so we use nightly), formula before bed instead of breast milk, and ignoring his initial noises he makes when he's about to wake up so he has a chance to go back to sleep, but nothing works! I need sleep!!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
He probably needs to gain a a few more pounds before it gets better. Between 11 and 13 pounds seems to be the magic weight for a lot (most?) babies. But it *will* get better.
This is a big part of why my babies sleep with me. When my first kid was a baby, she had a crib and I would get up with her I would the night. Unfortunately, I found I was frequently falling asleep while sitting g up, and it definitely wasn't safe. When I finally gave in and just brought her to bed with me, we all started getting a lot more sleep.
He won't Necessarily be a bad sleeper forever. Mine are all pretty good now, and none of them started out that way. My second was having a great night if she even went two hours between feedings.
joellejello likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
February 19th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln will sometimes take a good nap during the day (3-4 hours) but other than that we're having fitful sleep here right now. The past several nights he has been up till 11 (very fussy), then up to eat at 1am and 3am, then from 3am to 7am he literally will just doze 5-10 minutes at a time then start fussing and I have to soothe him or it turns into all out screaming/crying. I am definitely exhausted at this point. I just feel bad for him though because I know he's having gas pains and it's keeping him from sleeping. I don't know what to do.

One thing that I do differently than you described is, I respond immediately if he begins to stir. I have found that I can often gently soothe him back to sleep if I pat him or give him his paci before he really gets awake.

Anyway, yes it will get better eventually. My 4 year old was the worst sleeper I've ever met and she even grew out of it and sleeps fine now. We just have to hang in there until they grow a bit.

February 19th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It seems Parker knew I was complaining about his sleeping habits last night because he was SO fitful from 8-12! I definitely miss sleep at this point lol.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest was like this, and he was a preemie too. I think they have to catch up. Julia eats very often too. She does give me a better sleep at night, sometimes 3-4hrs. But only if she's next to me in the bed. The cosleeper is even too far for her. Whatever gets me more sleep!

and introducing Julia Pearl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search